bor wrote:M4M map link: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/575139
its a bit shorter than it could be just because issues are mostly general
- Since you have skinned elements from the hitcircle set you must also set a slider border color through the .osu file under "[Colours]" like thisSliderBorder: <RGB Value>fixed
- lower difficulties have a rhythm problem where its oversimplified by multiples of the same exact rhythm, this is quite a high bpm so I can see why its difficult. I reccomened some changes to rhythms in the mod although they might not be exactly what you need in all cases. Though for your approach to lower difficulties should be ???, don't be afraid to use longer rhythms like 2/1 and higher. i dont use 2/1 all that often because it means i miss out on things to hitsound (i was/am contemplating switching out the 2/1 in Normal tbh). and since Hard introduces a lot more 1/2, using mostly 1/1 seems fine imo. though if i make any Easy diffs in the future then i will be using more 2/1.
- 00:21:539 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is too many 1/1 sliders in a row when you can be more accurately chosing rhythm to follow the music. I will just say examples of thing you can change (this is actually a problem)
- 00:22:145 (3) - this can be a 2/1 slider and 00:23:054 - can be a circle afterwards i dont think that should be a circle. the note is fairly weak, so it makes more sense to me to make it passive.
- 00:23:357 (1) - this can be a 3/4 repeat slider and you can make a 1/2 gap into the next object dont want 3/4 rhythms on Normal
- 00:24:569 (3) - this can be 1/1 already is
- 00:30:630 - color haxing is cool yeeeeee
- 00:33:054 (1) - this is a very good use of this rhythm ok
- 00:35:478 (1) - you could make the bend less noticable two ways if you like. 1. make the two white points next to the red point more linear, or replace the red point with 3 also linear white points made like that to emphasize the snare a bit
- 00:39:114 - since this is a down beat and pitch of bass changes I don't see a reason to not make this clickalbe downbeat =/ must be clicked, and i dont take pitch into account while mapping rhythm.
- 00:45:175 (1,2,3,4) - should avoid this many sliders in a row, which can easily be accomplished with two circles 00:45:781 (2) - and 00:46:993 (4) - i did it like this because the vocals sound like a smooth stream imo, so using consistent rhythm patterns.
- 00:50:024 - the same comment goes for this section. though I would approach it a bit differently
- 00:50:024 (1) - for example you can start with a 2/1 slider here followed by a circle and keep the two 1/1's same thing as 00:45:175 (1,2,3,4)
- 00:52:448 - this combo I would say the same except maybe two circles here for 3 or 4 i think ill switch out 00:54:266 (4) - 00:51:842 (4) - for circles then
- 01:18:508 (4) - would be better as two circles alright, switched out 01:35:478 (4) - for circles as well
- 01:41:236 (2,3,4) - you should represent this stream sound in the background as circles like you did here 01:25:478 (4,5,6) - fixed
- 00:21:539 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the issue with this is quite similar to the one mentioned in the Normal diff. The rhythms can more accurately represent the music presented. i do agree that they could be represented better, but not for this diff. Normal has all 1/1 here, this has sliders with 1/2 gaps, and Insane introduces the 3/4 repeats. so basically i chose this rhythm for spread.
- 00:21:539 (1) - 00:22:751 (3) - for example this can be a 3/4 repeat slider.. hm I wouldn't change them all to 3/4 though. just mix it up a bit if i mix it up then it would be inconsistent
- 00:26:993 (3) - can replace with circles hmmmm maybe
- 00:38:205 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - maybe circles instead of 00:40:024 (4) - i cant replace the whole section with circles cuz spread
- 00:59:417 (4) - maybe circles here too fixed
- 01:25:478 (2,3,4) - make these repeat sliders again for spread, Normal has all circles, this one has extended sliders, then Insane has repeat sliders.
- 00:28:660 (2,1,2,1,2,3) - this is cool thanks ^-^
- 00:30:630 - for this section the way you are using clickabilty as a gameplay element to follow the guitar is inconsistent (or even the drums if you want to argue that)
- 00:32:448 (3,4) - would lead someone to believe slider end/heads can both be guitar where as this 00:33:508 (2,3) - varies. (there are more things that disagreeim just trying to be quick) to solve this I would suggest making 00:31:539 (4) - 00:32:751 (4) -these two both only circles fixed
- 00:33:508 (2,3) - or you could change this to a 1/1 starting on the red tick + circle did the above so not doing this
- 00:40:933 (3,4) - since this section has a lot of 1/2 sliders like this and becasue this is the only clear one where don't quite follow the music like the other places do, you could change this one to a 1/1 to add variety how does it not follow like the other places? its pretty much the same thing (according to vocal rhythm pattern) as the combo here 00:42:751 (1) - and the drum pattern is the same throughout this section
- 01:14:266 (1) - this doesn't need to be a 1/2 like the others might plus so much 1/2 spam here all finishes get a jump, and all finishes get a slider. this is to make it easier to hit the jumps, since Insane has the introduction of jumps as well as a more dense rhythm in comparison to Hard.
The hero's journey
- 00:29:568 (2,3,1) - I think if you wanted to create better anti emphasis, it would be better if you stacked 3 and 1 nope because i want 2-3 to have lower DS than 3-1
- 01:25:554 (2) - there is nothing inherently wrong with this kind of stream, though it does contradict your rhythm approach in the kiai of having most important sounds clickable, in this case I suggest starting the stream on the white tick it does contradict my rhythm approach, though i think following my rhythm approach for this particular section would detract from gameplay. assuming that the player alternates for streams (lol unless theyre a god) hits 01:25:175 (1) - with their dominant finger, then 01:25:554 (2) - a blue tick, will be hit with their non-dominant finger. so this is basically to prevent gameplay that feels weird due to strange alternating
- pretty solid diff overall yay!
Good luck <3
also yay 400th post !!!!! grats XD