forum

Lite Show Magic - Make Magic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JamSandvich
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 1:32:52 PM

Artist: Lite Show Magic
Title: Make Magic
Source: SOUND VOLTEX IV HEAVENLY HAVEN
Tags: sdvx iv lite show magic Jam
BPM: 230
Filesize: 4669kb
Play Time: 01:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Magic (6.25 stars, 555 notes)
Download: Lite Show Magic - Make Magic
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Trying to make a rankable diff for a song I love :D
Need to find a background :P

Changelog:
2/20/17 || first upload, ~1/4 completed || fixed od, ar, hp || updated metadata(source), hitsounds, spacing ~ suggested by -Jordan- ~ ||
2/26/17 || 35% completed || changed jumps || changed, hitsounds, spacing, jumps ~ suggested by -Jordan- ~ ||
2/27/17 || Adjusted to Atrue's mod post. Thank you!
3/12/17 || Been busy with school || mapped to beginning of wubsection || 43% complete
3/13/17 || Mapped wubsection || 50% complete
3/17/17 || Remapped wubsection || applied -Jordan- fixes || 57% complete
3/27/17 || All wubsections mapped || decided to use 3 different wub mapping styles, 1. Reading, 2. Gridlock, 3. Shapes || 63% complete
5/15/17 || Decided to start mapping again and made it more structured || Tell me what you think! || 73% complete
6/7/17 || Finally finished the map || Enjoy!
Atrue
Just some easy suggestions not related with metadata or even hitsound. Generally this is well done as a start. +1 star.

No need to use Countdown.

[Magic]
00:19:805 (1,2) - You may need more distance for this part.00:22:414 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - I appreciate this kind of pattern, but maybe some other placements will make it plays smoother. Generally this is not that easy to play.
00:30:240 (1,2) - Avoid changing SV within a single combo. Well generally do this pattern even need a SV change? Or you may look up some similar styled maps to see usually how this kind of "wub"s are mapped. Nice idea tho.
00:41:458 (1,2,1,2) - Avoid using this kind of placement which leads some messy stacks. Make more use of your room.
00:42:371 (2,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Distance control is a bit mess here.

Some minor flow-wise issue is not that obvious for now, but just try to use more different flows rather than something like DS obtuse angles. Good work generally and keep up! After finish the diff with hitsounding you can find me back to see if it's good as a diff.
Topic Starter
JamSandvich

Atrue wrote:

Just some easy suggestions not related with metadata or even hitsound. Generally this is well done as a start. +1 star.

No need to use Countdown. || Fixed

[Magic]
00:19:805 (1,2) - You may need more distance for this part. || Decided to increase spacing to reflect current jump flow00:22:414 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - I appreciate this kind of pattern, but maybe some other placements will make it plays smoother. Generally this is not that easy to play. || I understand that this pattern is not easy to play and decided to have back and forths which should make it play smoother
00:30:240 (1,2) - Avoid changing SV within a single combo. Well generally do this pattern even need a SV change? Or you may look up some similar styled maps to see usually how this kind of "wub"s are mapped. Nice idea tho. || Thank you for point this out, those sounds are a lot more similar than when I first heard it, decided to change to shorter sliders to increase tension before jumps again
00:41:458 (1,2,1,2) - Avoid using this kind of placement which leads some messy stacks. Make more use of your room.
|| Hesitant to change this because of the pattern I made here, in the picture it will be red into blue into yellow, will change/adjust if problem is that major
00:42:371 (2,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Distance control is a bit mess here.
|| Hesitant to change as well because I really want to focus on the bell sound and I feel that the lack of spacing matches the rhythm. I tried a triplet and it did not work. Decided to change it to a kickslider

Some minor flow-wise issue is not that obvious for now, but just try to use more different flows rather than something like DS obtuse angles. Good work generally and keep up! After finish the diff with hitsounding you can find me back to see if it's good as a diff.
Thank you for the mod! This really helped me out, will try to make more variety with my flow, the wub part is coming up :^)