forum

Which is better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ziolek
As we know in osu it's better to play with rythm than just tapping randomly tiles on screen.
But my question is! What is better to feel the rythm? Alternating or just single taps ? Using ALT i think you can play a lot slower than just rap**ng one key.
I can't alternate so my second question is it worth to teach alternate if i can singtap some crazy a** s**t with high BPM?
I'm not pro player so im not sating about really crazy maps or even Worldwide Choppers, just those really fast on my rank.

As you can see im polish player and my english is like "Yes i can't" (LOL XD) (Very popular joke in poland)
[Haku]
Alternating is better but harder to get used to.
But as always you can be a pro doing both.
UmbrellaChair
Neither is better, there is a reason there are single tappers and alternators in the top 100.

Most people singletap, but you should just do what is most comfortable for you, try both.
Topic Starter
Ziolek
So i have third question, how to teach alternate? For now only what i CAN DO on faster maps is "RUSH B CYKA!"
Endaris
start slow, alternating doesn't require a specific technique
it's all in your head but it has to arrive there somehow (usually through a lot of practice)
[Haku]
Alternate IS better because it put way less pressure on your fingers ans allow way more speed when mastered.
To learn alternate... Nothing special just alternate all the time.
Endaris

[Haku] wrote:

Alternate IS better because it put way less pressure on your fingers ans allow way more speed when mastered.
once a map has streams it doesn't matter any more because alternating doesn't enhance your streaming speed in any way
[Haku]

Endaris wrote:

[Haku] wrote:

once a map has streams it doesn't matter any more because alternating doesn't enhance your streaming speed in any way
Yes ofc but stream apart, it stay true
Endaris
it's definitely nice for Scarlet Rose but even that is singletapped by some people so it can't be called superior imo
[Haku]
That's not because it's possible to be pro with both that there are equal.
UmbrellaChair

[Haku] wrote:

That's not because it's possible to be pro with both that there are equal.
Single tapping is generally more consistent, unless you are doing crazy DT plays like Vaxei and Rafis I think that it is better to single tap and work on your accuracy than try to alternate.

My opinion, though. Everyone is entitled to their own.
[Haku]

UmbrellaChair wrote:

Single tapping is generally more consistent, unless you are doing crazy DT plays like Vaxei and Rafis I think that it is better to single tap and work on your accuracy than try to alternate.

My opinion, though. Everyone is entitled to their own.
Single tapping isn't fondamentaly more consistent. It's just easier to be consistent with, it take less time... Way less time. People can get ss on hard "slow" map with alternate as well. And you get more stamina.
But ofc everyone do whatever he want... I single tap myself and don't plan to learn alternate before a while.