forum

I have no idea anymore.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eskalade
Ok so I have really bad acc, and I usually do 5*+ maps now, since the 3/4*s are getting boring. I don't know how some people I meet in the lobbies have 95%+ acc(currently at 89% rn), and yet cannot do the maps that I can with similar rank. This problem has been bugging me, and I honestly wondering if I should start playing more 4*s.
Rhonin
%%%%%
Topic Starter
Eskalade
Oh, and also, as you can see, my highest play is 84pp, whereas there are people with similar rank, with lower pp plays than mine, but just more? Is this something to worry about? I don't care much about pp, but I'm thinking of doing many 4* maps.
N0thingSpecial
play more low 4* maps, you're not ready for 5*.
Topic Starter
Eskalade

N0thingSpecial wrote:

play more low 4* maps, you're not ready for 5*.
i thought that since I could fc a 4.6, i could do 5*s. And I can do low 5*s, decent combo too.
UmbrellaChair
Play more.
Try different hand positions and grips for your mouse/pen hand.
Always play a little bit above your comfort level.
Play more.

It always comes down to practice. The more comfortable you are with your mouse, sensitivity, and grip, the more consistent you will become. Also try to play for fun and not go for good scores all the time, or you will get disappointed by your plays and play worse. I personally have nights where I'll just play some unranked or songs that I'm not good enough to get a score on, and nights where I spam ranked maps. It's good to change things up.

But honestly just play more, look at the performance gauge at the bottom of the screen and take note if you are hitting too late or too early, and adjust accordingly.
N0thingSpecial

Eskalade wrote:

i thought that since I could fc a 4.6, i could do 5*s. And I can do low 5*s, decent combo too.
You can FC 4.6* doesn't mean you're consistently doing so. Playing 5* to push your skill ceiling up if completely fine but your focus should not be on 5*, your tapping is probably very underdeveloped, the 4* maps you can play are probably limited to TV size jump maps. Personally I finally told myself I can play 4* was when I sight read FC a 6 minute long 4.9* map and SS 5 minute long 4.8* map
Sayorie
Personally I finally told myself I can play 4* was when I sight read high-acc any 5* map.

Tics and mental woes suck when it comes to FCing/SSing.
Don't worry OP, just try to keep your acc high despite FC or not. They you can proceed to farm pp later by FCing when your acc has increased.
kai99
I've just achieved a similar rank to OP and I haven't even started doing 4*s lol. The best I can fc is around 3.3*, and sometimes around 3.8*.

During the past two months in which I've been playing my ass off I learned that best way to get pp = get good acc = fc = practice. That's why I'm not scrambling for higher stars. I usually go up my song list sorted by difficulty and find a place with a lot of As. I fc those, move on, get some As on higher songs, come back a few days later, fc.... etc. "Boring" isn't an excuse. I'm sick and tired of small jumps and I want to do large ones as well, but it's just not my skill yet.

On boring songs and maps, I usually just dump HD and cross my fingers...
Topic Starter
Eskalade

kai99 wrote:

I've just achieved a similar rank to OP and I haven't even started doing 4*s lol. The best I can fc is around 3.3*, and sometimes around 3.8*.

During the past two months in which I've been playing my ass off I learned that best way to get pp = get good acc = fc = practice. That's why I'm not scrambling for higher stars. I usually go up my song list sorted by difficulty and find a place with a lot of As. I fc those, move on, get some As on higher songs, come back a few days later, fc.... etc. "Boring" isn't an excuse. I'm sick and tired of small jumps and I want to do large ones as well, but it's just not my skill yet.

On boring songs and maps, I usually just dump HD and cross my fingers...
I don't care much about pp tbh, I just feel that I should start doing more 5* now. I can stream pretty well and I have started being able to do ar9 half screen jumps. I think I lack consistency, so do I just do easier 4* to practice that?

It just isn't fun doing low 4*. 5* are so much more fun :P
N0thingSpecial
then go ahead lol, we're just making assumptions based on your rank

it's just that I've pretty much played 4* most of the time during the rank 100,000 to 50,000
kai99

N0thingSpecial wrote:

then go ahead lol, we're just making assumptions based on your rank

it's just that I've pretty much played 4* most of the time during the rank 100,000 to 50,000
Hmm,... I'm not sure if 4* DT could be considered 4 stars... :thinking:
Hopefully I'll follow the same path as you did, I'm both looking forward and not looking forward to higher star maps D:
_handholding
Play 4 fun
N0thingSpecial

kai99 wrote:

Hmm,... I'm not sure if 4* DT could be considered 4 stars... :thinking:
Not sure what you're implying here but no mod FC 4* maps is more than enough to get you to 20k, or even 4 digits some say.