forum

I'm really bad at osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
grag1337
Hello, I'm lqst and I suck at osu!. No matter what I do, it just won't turn out ;_; I get like, halfway through a map then fail. tbh, I think I'm just bad but y'know. Anyway, I usually play 4-5 star maps and I get pretty far through them before failing horribly. Um, if you have any tips or shiz hmu.

Specs: (Keyboard And Mouse)

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Edition 2016
&
Razer Naga Hex.

(No, I don't use a tablet.)
7ambda
If you're not having fun, chances are, you're not gonna get better.
Spirit_Dreamer
248pp
Play Time: 23 hours

ImLqst wrote:

Anyway, I usually play 4-5 star maps and I get pretty far through them before failing horribly.
Ohh.... another one. -_-'

Lqst you still just trying the game.You don't have the needed basics to play correctly even 3 star maps.There is no point in randomly mashing and completing maps with incredible amount of misses and bad accuracy.Just finishing map means nothing.If you play this way probably there will be more dmg for your skills than profit.Play maps that are for your skill level.Right now that's somewhere bellow 3 stars.
Jukkii
Play 1-2* maps and go for good accuracy FCs. Youre playing maps that are too hard for you. Its like going to the gym and trying to lift really heavy weights on your first day, you wont be able to do it. You gotta start from light weights.
UmbrellaChair
Everyone started at low stars, go back to 2-3 stars and enjoy the music without trying to mash your keyboard. After a couple months of practice you'll be doing those insane songs you want to do, but you have to start from scratch.
[Haku]
I'm too bad too... I can't pass 10*+ map help me I'm so noob
kai99
If you really can't deal with 1-2* maps, just put on hdhr and play. C'mon, I know people are like, "HDHR? Nomod." but still. It's wayyyy more enjoyable on low stars.

And..
3-4* may sound like little, but I still can't pass a lot of those.

Come on.

Like really.... the more I read posts on this forum the more I'm getting a grip of how people struggle so much to overdo themselves.
-Yuni
wtf is this? lmao, play some freaking 2* goddammit.
iderekmc

-Yuni wrote:

wtf is this? lmao, play some freaking 2* goddammit.
xDDDDDDD
pandaBee
Step 1: uninstall osu
Step 2: profit
N0thingSpecial
Yes you are bad, considering you play maps way above your skill level.
Astar
don't mind your skill level, play songs you enjoy at your own preferred difficulty
Gardarr

ImLqst wrote:

Anyway, I usually play 4-5 star maps
Well you see here this is your problem. Don't play maps that are wayyyyyyyyyy out of your reach. Play some 2 star maps because a 200pp player playing 4-5* maps is way out there. Just progress through the stars. Start at 2* then once you feel good and can fc 2.9* and stuff start to move to 3* and so on! You may not get the same feeling as the high paced 4-5* but it will feel a ton better once you fc something.
Hibiya-chan

ImLqst wrote:

Anyway, I usually play 4-5 star maps
Why can't we all just play the game properly T_T

Also, don't put in your equipments in the post, it's absolutely unneccessary.
markii

ImLqst wrote:

Hello, I'm lqst and I suck at osu!. No matter what I do, it just won't turn out ;_; I get like, halfway through a map then fail. tbh, I think I'm just bad but y'know. Anyway, I usually play 4-5 star maps and I get pretty far through them before failing horribly. Um, if you have any tips or shiz hmu.

Specs: (Keyboard And Mouse)

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Edition 2016
&
Razer Naga Hex.

(No, I don't use a tablet.)

1.) you've barely played osu! at all, it's not very fair to yourself to expect to be good after only clicking a couple hundred thousand circles.
2.) the songs you're playing are too hard for your skill level, you should play easier maps that you can pass and get decent scores on 90-96% acc anything higher is likely too easy, anything worse is likely too hard
3.) play a variety of maps, try multi, or hitting f2 and playing whatever you land on (sort by difficulty and play in a range where you can play most songs decently)
4.) stop trying to get good and play because you want to or don't want to, I've never seen anyone that couldn't get to atleast 5k with effort, so thinking you'll always be 450k is ridiculous

you seem to have some weird expectations for this game though
winber1
me 2 thanks
Hiro-Senpai
Anotha wan.

The solution is one, play the game like every normal person that starts playing osu. It means play the 1-2* maps and enjoy the songs.
Get good at them and get a high acc fc's on it about 98% acc and then move to harder maps like 3* stars
This is a solution for a healthy progression imo.

Why the hell all these new players do dis. I just can't understand