forum

SID - Garasu no Hitomi

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stumi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 26 April 2017 at 08:29:50

Artist: SID
Title: Garasu no Hitomi
Source: Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic
Tags: Black butler book of Atlantic Kuroshitsuji Garasu no Hitomi SID Anime Japanese Stumi
BPM: 180
Filesize: 10186kb
Play Time: 03:55
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.17 stars, 156 notes)
  2. Hard (2.84 stars, 407 notes)
  3. Insane (3.33 stars, 495 notes)
  4. Normal (2.22 stars, 273 notes)
Download: SID - Garasu no Hitomi
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap in honour of Book of Atlantic, please enjoy ;) Feedback welcome

Added:
-Further hard improvements -> by far the best difficulty

Upcoming:
-Will make use of hitsounds for the other difficulties
-Insane is garbage at the moment so will fix soon also less boring easy and medium fixes
akirashiota
:D :D nice beatmap and Try your best :D don't give up
Lumario
Hey it's me Luma o/

General:
ctrl+shift+a is Ai-Mod which tells you stuff you usually (especially for Easy/Normal/Hard) should listen to (For E/N/H you should use the "Check distance snap" check box and fix everything accordingly)

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/517731 I peronally think this is one of the most important links (atleast at the beginning)
You can see what you're allowed to do and what not for each diff

In the Song Setup tab you need to disable "Widescreen Support" and "Letterbox during breaks" since you don't use a Storyboard (Design tab)

Timing:

Usually songs don't change bpm often and if they do they have a "round" bpm in this case your right bpm is 180 and the Offset should be around 3017
delete all timing points and just have one with this stats across all Diffs
You probably find all your circles unsnapped to fix this you simply "Resnap all notes" in the Timing tab.
After resnapping check ALL of your notes again some will still be out of place so you need to fix them manually but this way you'll have to fix less.
You need a Preview point on all the diffs :3

Easy:

00:47:683 (3) - For round sliders with just like one curve like this one you just need one slider point
The biggest things you need to fix first of all are sliders like this 01:39:017 (9) or 01:11:017 (2) - because you aren't allowed to have sliders with multiple repeats on Easys
The next big thing you need to fix is the constant DS (= Distance Snap) you are allowed to have small DS changes but try to keep it at a set value you see as fitting.

Normal+:

03:35:016 - On placed like this you can (if you want) place a pause by clicking the "Insert Break Time" Button at the top right
You should rework you're rhythm again (actually on all of your maps) here's an example 01:03:017 (2,3,4,1) - there's no important sound at 01:03:683 (4) - so you should just delete it.
01:34:017 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - Something like this feels very boring too play and kinda looks like you had no idea how to map it :D try working in some sliders!
Some things like the DS stuff on Easy also apllies to Normal same goes with sliders

Conclusion:
You still need to work at most of the basics but your start is not bad! for now you should fix what I mentioned above and maybe watch these two videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BC_I2ufqC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5rLXqWKY
in general you still need to work on your rhythm and visuals. The variety of stuff used was fine and most of the parts didn't feel boring to play :D

Once you get some more mods feel free to hit me up again and I may mod your map again :3
KeeleyRose5
I like it.
Topic Starter
Stumi
Lumario's mod

Lumario wrote:

Hey it's me Luma o/

General:
ctrl+shift+a is Ai-Mod which tells you stuff you usually (especially for Easy/Normal/Hard) should listen to (For E/N/H you should use the "Check distance snap" check box and fix everything accordingly)

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/517731 I peronally think this is one of the most important links (atleast at the beginning)
You can see what you're allowed to do and what not for each diff

In the Song Setup tab you need to disable "Widescreen Support" and "Letterbox during breaks" since you don't use a Storyboard (Design tab)

Timing:

Usually songs don't change bpm often and if they do they have a "round" bpm in this case your right bpm is 180 and the Offset should be around 3017
delete all timing points and just have one with this stats across all Diffs
You probably find all your circles unsnapped to fix this you simply "Resnap all notes" in the Timing tab.
After resnapping check ALL of your notes again some will still be out of place so you need to fix them manually but this way you'll have to fix less.
You need a Preview point on all the diffs :3

Easy:

00:47:683 (3) - For round sliders with just like one curve like this one you just need one slider point
The biggest things you need to fix first of all are sliders like this 01:39:017 (9) or 01:11:017 (2) - because you aren't allowed to have sliders with multiple repeats on Easys
The next big thing you need to fix is the constant DS (= Distance Snap) you are allowed to have small DS changes but try to keep it at a set value you see as fitting.

Normal+:

03:35:016 - On placed like this you can (if you want) place a pause by clicking the "Insert Break Time" Button at the top right
You should rework you're rhythm again (actually on all of your maps) here's an example 01:03:017 (2,3,4,1) - there's no important sound at 01:03:683 (4) - so you should just delete it.
01:34:017 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - Something like this feels very boring too play and kinda looks like you had no idea how to map it :D try working in some sliders!
Some things like the DS stuff on Easy also apllies to Normal same goes with sliders

Conclusion:
You still need to work at most of the basics but your start is not bad! for now you should fix what I mentioned above and maybe watch these two videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BC_I2ufqC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCB5rLXqWKY
in general you still need to work on your rhythm and visuals. The variety of stuff used was fine and most of the parts didn't feel boring to play :D

Once you get some more mods feel free to hit me up again and I may mod your map again :3

Thank you so much, I needed this :) . I've changed normal using your advice and will soon change the rest. I hope you can mod again sometime once i've improved ;)
Rad-
Hello! from my queue.

Seeing you still need alot of work on the map, I'll just give you a more general idea on how to make your mapset better.

First, disable countdown on all your difficulties, it's really not necessary nowadays and well, right before the map starts you pretty much know the rhythm of the song.

Tags don't need commas in between them, just spaces, and also don't repeat the same words there.

You didn't use any inherited points (green lines) on your map, you should place them accordingly to change volume of hitsounds in certain areas, change slider speed if necessary (normally this is reserved for higher difficulties though) or even to change hitsound samples, but most importantly, you should select a certain section of the song with more emphasis, called ''kiai time'', thats usually on the chorus of the song.

Also something important is to hitsound your map, i can't really teach you that but its easy to find a video or a tutorial or something (pishifat comes to mind)

Easy has a really high slider velocity and overall large spacing, you should play more easys and normals in order to make one yourself as you would notice your map is alot different. Change it to something alot smaller (probably like 0.5x speed) and making it a consitent spacing (like 1.1x distance snap) well make the map alot better and feel like a true easy.
00:54:183 (2) - Avoid using red ticks on easy like this as it gets confusing to beginners
Also objects too close in rhythm like this 00:57:350 (6,7) - is kinda hard for beginners as wel
01:07:516 (4) - Again starting on red ticks is a bad idea for an easy.
02:00:350 (1,2,3) - Another example of a complicated rhythm for an easy
02:05:683 (1,1) - These are too close for easy, for both easy and normal its best leave more space after a spinner
02:23:016 - Also theres room for mapping in sections like this so don't leave it blank as theres a good music part here
03:32:350 (5) - Forgot to mention but limit yourself in the play area, this slider is going off the grid for example
You could end the map with a spinner from 03:51:850 - to 03:57:683 - so it doesnt end so suddenly, also means you need to learn how to use the green lines for lowering volume at the end of that spinner.

Normal+ in reality is just a Hard in disguise lol, if this was your idea of a normal, then it needs a regular normal for a good difficulty spread. But even so this difficulty has a really high slider/spacing speed so its much harder than a normal
01:54:933 (1,2) - This spacing for example is really too close to each other
03:49:683 (3) - This circle should be placed 03:49:850 - here actually
03:51:850 - Could be placed a spinner just like before here

Hard also looks like an Insane to me with its overall speed and so many lines of single taps together and a frequent number of triples.
02:06:350 - Either add a spinner or a break to this long silence
Also the fact that it has so many repeating and straight sliders makes it look like a 2009 map, suggest practicing more mapping and avoiding too many repeating sliders like this, a good map should play more ways than just straight lines, it's important to have more flow.
02:30:016 - This break seems huge even for a hard if you wanna call it, you could map more of it.
02:48:350 - This is an example where using an inherited point with slower slider speed would benefit, so that this part doesnt look like the rest of the map, this is a less intense part of the song so you should map less intensively as well.
03:33:683 - Again don't leave a pause like this unless a break or spinner.

That's really all i can say for now, just best keep practicing and going on edit thru other maps and learn how other mappers do themselves, it's a good way of getting more mapping knowledge.

Hope it helps!
Topic Starter
Stumi
Rad-s mod

Rad- wrote:

Hello! from my queue.

Seeing you still need alot of work on the map, I'll just give you a more general idea on how to make your mapset better.

First, disable countdown on all your difficulties, it's really not necessary nowadays and well, right before the map starts you pretty much know the rhythm of the song.

Tags don't need commas in between them, just spaces, and also don't repeat the same words there.

You didn't use any inherited points (green lines) on your map, you should place them accordingly to change volume of hitsounds in certain areas, change slider speed if necessary (normally this is reserved for higher difficulties though) or even to change hitsound samples, but most importantly, you should select a certain section of the song with more emphasis, called ''kiai time'', thats usually on the chorus of the song.

Also something important is to hitsound your map, i can't really teach you that but its easy to find a video or a tutorial or something (pishifat comes to mind)

Easy has a really high slider velocity and overall large spacing, you should play more easys and normals in order to make one yourself as you would notice your map is alot different. Change it to something alot smaller (probably like 0.5x speed) and making it a consitent spacing (like 1.1x distance snap) well make the map alot better and feel like a true easy.
00:54:183 (2) - Avoid using red ticks on easy like this as it gets confusing to beginners
Also objects too close in rhythm like this 00:57:350 (6,7) - is kinda hard for beginners as wel
01:07:516 (4) - Again starting on red ticks is a bad idea for an easy.
02:00:350 (1,2,3) - Another example of a complicated rhythm for an easy
02:05:683 (1,1) - These are too close for easy, for both easy and normal its best leave more space after a spinner
02:23:016 - Also theres room for mapping in sections like this so don't leave it blank as theres a good music part here
03:32:350 (5) - Forgot to mention but limit yourself in the play area, this slider is going off the grid for example
You could end the map with a spinner from 03:51:850 - to 03:57:683 - so it doesnt end so suddenly, also means you need to learn how to use the green lines for lowering volume at the end of that spinner.

Normal+ in reality is just a Hard in disguise lol, if this was your idea of a normal, then it needs a regular normal for a good difficulty spread. But even so this difficulty has a really high slider/spacing speed so its much harder than a normal
01:54:933 (1,2) - This spacing for example is really too close to each other
03:49:683 (3) - This circle should be placed 03:49:850 - here actually

Hard also looks like an Insane to me with its overall speed and so many lines of single taps together and a frequent number of triples.
02:06:350 - Either add a spinner or a break to this long silence
Also the fact that it has so many repeating and straight sliders makes it look like a 2009 map, suggest practicing more mapping and avoiding too many repeating sliders like this, a good map should play more ways than just straight lines, it's important to have more flow.
02:30:016 - This break seems huge even for a hard if you wanna call it, you could map more of it.
02:48:350 - This is an example where using an inherited point with slower slider speed would benefit, so that this part doesnt look like the rest of the map, this is a less intense part of the song so you should map less intensively as well.
03:33:683 - Again don't leave a pause like this unless a break or spinner.

That's really all i can say for now, just best keep practicing and going on edit thru other maps and learn how other mappers do themselves, it's a good way of getting more mapping knowledge.

Hope it helps!

Thank you for the mod! Was harsh but fair which is needed for beginners like me ;) I've added the new difficulty to close the gap and am now working towards better flow and more importantly, inherited points and hit sounds.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.