Introduce second S rank! [Added]

posted
Total Posts

New 'S' ranking?

S* for perfect runs.
12.12%
SS for perfect runs.
48.48%
Make non-perfect 'S' ranks crap coloured.
9.09%
Make non-perfect 'S' ranks silver coloured.
6.06%
No.
24.24%
Total votes: 33
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
jsticker
Yes, fellow Osu! beat click game players, you have read correctly. Your eyes don't betray you. I, glorious Jsticker, hereby request to add another rank to the ranking system.

The rank should be a golden S. 'Wait, wait', I hear you say, 'we already have a golden S, you weird, sick person, you!'
How right you are, yesyes. Currently, you get a golden S rank if you manage to click ninety percent or more with perfect 300 points while not having clicked more than one percent with 50 points.
What I proclaim is the following: Keep this current S rank, but make it silver. SILVER! You didn't perfect the song, did you? So you don't deserve gold! Gold is for winners, for perfecteers, for brilliant song clickers with a sense of rhythm unmatched by the broad mass! A golden S is a rank that should be limited to the elite class of people who finish a song perfectly, flawless, without any mistakes! Only 300s, and no miss.

That'd be great, I tell ye. So great it would be. Now discuss a bit and tell peppy to do that, because peppy loves us simple people and our cool ideas.
LuigiHann
Maybe instead of having a new rank, just have a star or something show up next to an all-300 record. That's what Bandai Namco would do, anyway.
GSR_old

jsticker wrote:

Yes, fellow Osu! beat click game players, you have read correctly. Your eyes don't betray you. I, glorious Jsticker, hereby request to add another rank to the ranking system.

The rank should be a golden S. 'Wait, wait', I hear you say, 'we already have a golden S, you weird, sick person, you!'
How right you are, yesyes. Currently, you get a golden S rank if you manage to click ninety percent or more with perfect 300 points while not having clicked more than one percent with 50 points.
What I proclaim is the following: Keep this current S rank, but make it silver. SILVER! You didn't perfect the song, did you? So you don't deserve gold! Gold is for winners, for perfecteers, for brilliant song clickers with a sense of rhythm unmatched by the broad mass! A golden S is a rank that should be limited to the elite class of people who finish a song perfectly, flawless, without any mistakes! Only 300s, and no miss.

That'd be great, I tell ye. So great it would be. Now discuss a bit and tell peppy to do that, because peppy loves us simple people and our cool ideas.

You do know it's virtually impossible to get all-300 on most of the harder songs, right? =/
Kylecito

GSR wrote:

You do know it's virtually impossible to get all-300 on most of the harder songs, right? =/
so what? it's a possibility, and rest assured there will be a bunch of people who will do it
Fraeon

jsticker wrote:

What I proclaim is the following: Keep this current S rank, but make it silver. SILVER! You didn't perfect the song, did you? So you don't deserve gold!
I agree otherwise, but I still think the player needs to be insulted with a shit colored S. You could call it bronze if you feel squeamish about shit. :P
Ivalset
You guys are assholes. Leave my shiny S's alone!

Add fire to the perfect ones or something. This game needs more fire and more shinies, not less.
Fraeon
It's because of you and eyup that we have to resort to this in the first place!

Another choice would be adding an SS rank (you know, for Schutzstaffel) for those really perfect runs.
LuigiHann
I still say just make it S*
[deleted user]
A vote for S* :)
Ivalset

Fraeon wrote:

It's because of you and eyup that we have to resort to this in the first place!

Another choice would be adding an SS rank (you know, for Schutzstaffel) for those really perfect runs.
Gah!

I'm all for the SS rank. S* is like, eh. SS, now that has some history behind it.

Also I think it would be funny to collect SS ranks.

I'm not sure why.
peppy
I added a poll to this post. Go vote.
Kylecito
voted... BUT HTERES A TYPO ON THE POLL

IT SAYS COLOUR

colour

blimey pip pip
Dark Deception_old
I am a little improvized by the poll, but I thing their should be an X rank when you get higher Beats.

I'll open up a poll on that later.
Topic Starter
jsticker
Poll conclusion: People want a rank for the perfect runs.
Yet to discuss: The rank itself.

Naming the rank "SS" after the German Nazi troup seems a bit.. wrong. But Fraeon told me it was a joke, and that Japanese games of this sort often use SS as the rank for completely perfect runs. If that is true, SS seems fine.

I personally don't see what would be wrong with silver/golden S. Silver S says "You made it really good, really, really good. But there's still a small step towards perfection. Go for it!". And that's basically what it should say, as you are near perfection, but not quite there yet. Re-colouring S to silver and gold would also not do any harm to the game's visuals, and would not require any work, practically. There's no way to fuck anything up with a recoloured S.

I'm still highly convinced that would be the best option. Second best, in my opinion, would be the star. But with a little change: If you choose to use the star and not gold/silver, do not make it an S with a star, but only a star.
Kylecito

jsticker wrote:

Naming the rank "SS" after the German Nazi troup seems a bit.. wrong. But Fraeon told me it was a joke, and that Japanese games of this sort often use SS as the rank for completely perfect runs. If that is true, SS seems fine.

Lol, there's something A LOT wrong with you if you get offended by a couple of letters
awp

Kylecito wrote:

Lol, there's something A LOT wrong with you if you get offended by a couple of letters
I heartily agree with this.

Hell, in some DDR games, you can get SSS!

That's three S's. And that's fantastic.
Kylecito

awp wrote:

Kylecito wrote:

I heartily agree with this.

Hell, in some DDR games, you can get SSS!

That's three S's. And that's fantastic.
OMIGOSH 3 Ss IS EVEN MORE NAZI

serious note: SS is winning right now :D
it just looks good

unrelated note: i JUST remembered last night i was looking at the "SS" article on wikipedia because of this thread and i ended learning all the goddamn history of germany and its WWII campaign
go figure.
Topic Starter
jsticker
I'm not offended by two letters, I'd be seriously troubled if SS was put in because "it wus nazi elite killer troup, LOLZ".

As I said, Fraeon meant the Schutzstaffel reference jokingly (he does that a lot), and actually suggested because of the common usage of SS as the "perfect rank" in Japanese games. I don't know how you came to think I was offended. You misread the post. <3
Ivalset
Yay for SS rank. It's like double the shinies for one playthrough.
TiZ
Just make it sparkle or something. You know, like Jeff Dunham's blue Prius. :P
Nafhe132

Ivalset wrote:

You guys are assholes. Leave my shiny S's alone!

Add fire to the perfect ones or something. This game needs more fire and more shinies, not less.
Then have some shiny skins :)
Hernan
Is this a new record?
jericho2442
uh.........long necro is long......no reason to post here >_>, locked