forum

[Archived] Latency Speed Won't Go Down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sab
Problem Details:

Hi,
I havn't been playing osu for too long but I've noticed that I can never get anything under 3ms latency, and I get ~12ms latency when my computer isn't charging. I've tried letterboxing, running in both Cutting Edge and Stable, forcing fullscreen, turning off detail settings, using raw imput and turning off the frame limiter... It's still not working.
PC Specs: Razer Blade Stealth (laptop), intel Core i7-7500U@2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64x operating system running windows 10.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170131cuttingedge
o x
Make sure osu! is in fullscreen, also check if your laptop goes into power save mode when it isn't plugged in, this seems to happen quite a bit. To check this, right click on the battery icon on the right of the task bar and select "Power Options"
Also make sure no other programs are open in the background.
Kao
Make sure osu! Is running with the integrated graphics or the GPU.
If it is running with the GPU, use integrated graphics and vice versa.

Make sure you're playing in Fullscreen mode
Topic Starter
sab

Cawub wrote:

Make sure osu! is in fullscreen, also check if your laptop goes into power save mode when it isn't plugged in, this seems to happen quite a bit. To check this, right click on the battery icon on the right of the task bar and select "Power Options"
Also make sure no other programs are open in the background.
Thanks!

Kao wrote:

Make sure osu! Is running with the integrated graphics or the GPU.
If it is running with the GPU, use integrated graphics and vice versa.
I'm sorry, what are the integrated graphics and the GPU?
yumether

arcaenia wrote:

I'm sorry, what are the integrated graphics and the GPU?
Generally a computer can process graphics using these two components. A GPU is effectively a big card you slot into your motherboard and it independently handles all of your graphics processing by itself more-or-less. The other way a computer can handle generating graphics for you is via a chip on the motherboard of your computer(think of the chip being integrated into a motherboard - et voila; integrated graphics!).

This little thing can do the work of a GPU if there isn't a dedicated card in your system. Laptops out of the box which have a GPU installed in them will ideally run GPU over integrated graphics, but it can cause some input lag as you seem to be having here.