1. osu!community
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 8:45:19 PM

Artist: EGOIST
Title: All Alone With You
Source: PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス
Tags: chelly ending full ryo supercell
BPM: 72
Filesize: 9772kb
Play Time: 05:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Eternity (3.4 stars, 714 notes)


Download: EGOIST - All Alone With You
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
cs 7 map

re-download after 4/13 because hitsound fixes

Special thanks to jonathanlfj for irc help but not posting.
Special thanks to Blue Spad for testplay.
Special thanks to Naitoshi for giving me hitsounds.
Special thanks to pishifat because he is cute.

first try this guy reads the stacks with the 1/3 stream under it, get fuckin' rekt
This map was created from a jealousy. A jealousy spawned from the idea that someone could make a map so inspiring, so well intended, and so well made. One map fulfilled this requirement, so I decided to take one of the most powerful things from that map and litter the idea across mine. Just the very simple idea: a circle overlapping the tail of a slider for a 1/2 gap and the slider returning to the circle. Then finally, a conclusion is met; both maps ending very similarly. What a piece... too bad the better map is surrounded by discontempt and fear, negative feelings of jealousy, instead of celebration of such wonderful ideas.
posted
does this come with a free magnifying glass
posted
a irc
2017-02-18 19:09 UndeadCapulet: o/
2017-02-18 19:09 UndeadCapulet: you wanted a mod for this right?
2017-02-18 19:09 bor: xd
2017-02-18 19:09 UndeadCapulet: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1217579 EGOIST - All Alone With You [Eternity]]
2017-02-18 19:09 UndeadCapulet: lets just irc?
2017-02-18 19:09 bor: yeee
2017-02-18 19:09 UndeadCapulet: maybe voice even
2017-02-18 19:09 bor: if u post
2017-02-18 19:09 UndeadCapulet: ofc i need the kd w
2017-02-18 19:09 bor: xd
2017-02-18 19:17 UndeadCapulet: 00:03:014 (6) -
2017-02-18 19:17 UndeadCapulet: http://puu.sh/u9tiS/ebd62ee73c.jpg
2017-02-18 19:18 bor: https://bor.s-ul.eu/qFzuQc21
2017-02-18 19:19 UndeadCapulet: 00:23:847 (1,2) -
2017-02-18 19:20 UndeadCapulet: ku
2017-02-18 19:20 UndeadCapulet: 00:15:514 (4) -
2017-02-18 19:21 UndeadCapulet: http://puu.sh/u9txH/1680dfbf65.jpg
2017-02-18 19:22 UndeadCapulet: 00:48:847 (4,5) -
2017-02-18 19:23 UndeadCapulet: 00:58:639 (3,4,5) -
2017-02-18 19:25 UndeadCapulet: 01:00:514 -
2017-02-18 19:26 UndeadCapulet: da yo
2017-02-18 19:27 bor: xd
2017-02-18 19:27 UndeadCapulet: 01:19:681 (7,8,9) -
2017-02-18 19:29 UndeadCapulet: 01:32:389 (6,7) -
2017-02-18 19:29 UndeadCapulet: 01:31:764 (4) -
2017-02-18 19:32 UndeadCapulet: 01:49:472 (5) - 01:47:389 (2) -
2017-02-18 19:32 UndeadCapulet: 01:47:389 (2) -
2017-02-18 19:33 UndeadCapulet: 01:51:868 (3) -
2017-02-18 19:34 UndeadCapulet: 01:51:347 (2) -
2017-02-18 19:36 bor: 01:57:389 (1) - '
2017-02-18 19:36 UndeadCapulet: 02:17:389 (1) -
2017-02-18 19:38 bor: https://bor.s-ul.eu/i8fG6EQu
2017-02-18 19:39 UndeadCapulet: http://puu.sh/u9uD6/352333daa4.jpg
2017-02-18 19:40 bor: https://bor.s-ul.eu/mduDqCaH
2017-02-18 19:40 UndeadCapulet: 02:30:306 (7) -
2017-02-18 19:40 bor: 02:33:639 (8) -
2017-02-18 19:41 UndeadCapulet: 02:35:722 (4,5,6) -
2017-02-18 19:43 UndeadCapulet: 02:39:889 (1) -
2017-02-18 20:06 UndeadCapulet: 03:30:722 (1,2) -
2017-02-18 20:07 UndeadCapulet: 03:42:389 (5,6,7) -
2017-02-18 20:07 UndeadCapulet: 03:41:556 (3,4) -
2017-02-18 20:07 UndeadCapulet: http://puu.sh/u9wgP/a459a49e4d.jpg
2017-02-18 20:09 UndeadCapulet: 04:07:389 (1) -
2017-02-18 20:11 UndeadCapulet: http://puu.sh/u9wsF/835dca38e1.jpg
2017-02-18 20:12 UndeadCapulet: 04:39:056 (5,6) -
2017-02-18 20:14 UndeadCapulet: 05:05:202 (3,4,5,6,7) -
2017-02-18 20:16 UndeadCapulet: http://puu.sh/u9wLa/1110b6d4e5.png

mostly done in discord voice
some rhythms were improved (bor doesnt know how japanese syllables work ww), snaps were fixed, a 1/3 pattern was made more legible, etc
posted
posted
great map i like it a lot
posted
random mod123 (cool map tbh)

- 01:57:384 (1) - i feel like this slider ends way too early for what vocals goes like, maybe try sth like this which extends as much as vocal is so it doesnt feel awkward when playing (212,283,117384,6,0,B|179:264|131:263|152:335|49:289|87:230|87:230|81:211|81:211|91:197|85:174,1,239.999992675781,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0: this is the slider code line just in case you like it)

- 02:46:551 (9) - this is kinda contradicting with what you did on first kiai, on first kiai you always used the finishes on 02:46:759 - and claps on 02:46:551 - (see 01:13:426 - , 01:20:092 - , 01:26:759 - ) yet here you did exact opposite, also 02:54:051 - this is the only place where you didnt use normal sampleset.

- 03:17:384 - imo use auto sampleset here and 03:20:717 - maybe sampleset normal here? you did like this on 03:07:384 - , 03:10:717 - and 03:14:051 -
(normal - auto - normal - auto - normal - auto every downbeat, makes sense to me as bigger changes are on every second)

- 03:28:842 - a note here would be justified but up to you (also maybe make 03:29:467 - clickable sincei its kinda strong and thats only part where its not clickable on that section)

- 03:39:259 - here i'd perfer having a 1/4 slider - note instead of other way around since i feel like emphasising sound at 03:39:676 - would feel better

- 03:47:384 - maybe switch sampleset normal with additions normal? similar to what you did on 03:40:717 - . it feels too strong considering it comes just after 17% volume hitsoft with soft finish

- 04:33:426 - additions normal? you used normal on previous kiai's (also 04:40:092 - )

- 04:46:759 - ^

- 05:07:384 - again addition normal since its a new section? a stronger finish would work better i think (also i think there is a finish sound there i think so i dont think it sounds weird or out of sync)

- 05:14:051 - same here i feel like normal additions would work better for sake of consistency of this pattern.

- 05:20:717 (1) - kinda ends on a weird place tbh, i know it would be boring to play but consider lengthening the slider to 05:47:384 -

egoist is love
posted

diraimur wrote:

random mod123 (cool map tbh)

- 01:57:384 (1) - i feel like this slider ends way too early for what vocals goes like, maybe try sth like this which extends as much as vocal is so it doesnt feel awkward when playing its a cool suggestion, but I don't see an initial problem with the way I have it. this is because there is some kind of break in the music here, ( although some instruments haven't stopped playing) I chose to make it 1/1 since there was a sound 01:58:217 - (212,283,117384,6,0,B|179:264|131:263|152:335|49:289|87:230|87:230|81:211|81:211|91:197|85:174,1,239.999992675781,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0: this is the slider code line just in case you like it)

- 02:46:551 (9) - this is kinda contradicting with what you did on first kiai, on first kiai you always used the finishes on 02:46:759 - and claps on 02:46:551 - (see 01:13:426 - , 01:20:092 - , 01:26:759 - ) yet here you did exact opposite, also 02:54:051 - this is the only place where you didnt use normal sampleset. fix

- 03:17:384 - imo use auto sampleset here and 03:20:717 - maybe sampleset normal here? you did like this on 03:07:384 - , 03:10:717 - and 03:14:051 -
(normal - auto - normal - auto - normal - auto every downbeat, makes sense to me as bigger changes are on every second) fix

- 03:28:842 - a note here would be justified but up to you (also maybe make 03:29:467 - clickable sincei its kinda strong and thats only part where its not clickable on that section) not adding because I want the rhythm density to decrease to highlight this new sections strengths

- 03:39:259 - here i'd perfer having a 1/4 slider - note instead of other way around since i feel like emphasising sound at 03:39:676 - would feel better I'm focusing more on the drums here so the 1/4s are ending on weaker drum hits

- 03:47:384 - maybe switch sampleset normal with additions normal? similar to what you did on 03:40:717 - . it feels too strong considering it comes just after 17% volume hitsoft with soft finish I understood what you were trying to convey so I fixed it accordingly. the fix was change the sampleset from normal to auto to get rid of the normal hitnormal sound but to keep the cymbal crash by changing the additions to normal

- 04:33:426 - additions normal? you used normal on previous kiai's (also 04:40:092 - ) fix

- 04:46:759 - ^ d

- 05:07:384 - again addition normal since its a new section? a stronger finish would work better i think (also i think there is a finish sound there i think so i dont think it sounds weird or out of sync) d

- 05:14:051 - same here i feel like normal additions would work better for sake of consistency of this pattern.d

- 05:20:717 (1) - kinda ends on a weird place tbh, i know it would be boring to play but consider lengthening the slider to 05:47:384 - I think it fits since the guiltar sound kind of fades out 05:32:384 - I want to end the slider at the end of the phrase to say "ok im done". sure there is sound afterwards but there isn't a problem with ending it after the first ending part

egoist is love



ty for mod
posted
collapsed text
[Eternity]

Overall


Overall I really like to play the map and it seems to follow a lot of core ideas very closely. My main Criticisms is how you handle the importance of sounds.
You don't seem to necessarily agree on the concept that slider heads should always be representing strong sounds while their ends and bodies shouldn't. I do think that you in fact don't need to apply this no matter what people say... but you also having nothing to fill it's purpose.
I know this might sounds dumb and condescending to explain this concept but bare with me.

The purpose of this method is to tell what sounds are important above others, it's explained by saying the releasing a slider isn't as impact full as clicking it there are actually common examples where you don't need to follow this excessively. people often argue that after a longer time of holding that the release has more impact, it still is subjective how much stronger that is tho.

The main point of it as I said before is to make certain sounds more prioritized. if you don't use that principal then you need another logic to tell what sounds are more important. you could argue that this song has no sound being more prioritized... I would disagree on that since I think that the Vocals as I will explain is the mod are the Lead element of the song and while they take second place the Piano might be more important (in the Kiai the Drums are I'd say the 2nd most important after the Vocals)

So in my opinion you need to have a structure that allows the Vocals to be more important then the Piano, the Piano more important then the Drums and the Drums more important then the Piano in the kiai without them being to disregarding to the Vocals. the kiai is more subjective I think tho since the drums are also very important so I'd try to find a balance

I'm essentially telling you to rethink the entire concept behind them map which is a really bad thing to suggest, but I want to make something clear I'm not telling you that this is wrong I'm just telling your map lacks focus if you don't use some concept to prioritize your sounds over each other.

I'm not sure how much my thought actually applies to the ranking system, but I also just think that having instruments be prioritized is a better way to express the song since that's also a thing that applies to how songs are made... most of the time

I actually find that idea very interesting and good, but also think that I should be refined since people using that concept have then actually more reasons backing up what they are doing then you no matter how interesting that idea is.
Suggestions


  1. through out nearly the whole map you seem to rather follow the Vocals then the Piano, but you mixed up on what you focus on at certain points I find make not too much sense
    you often switch from Vocals to Piano when the Vocals are hold which is perfectly fine tho

  2. the Vocal here is on the slider end which is suggesting that it's less important I think 00:41:551 (3) -
    in the section from before you seemed to often have Vocal hits on slider ends too which I think works fine since the section is more calm,
    but in the more intense sections I think it's less justified and more wrong then fitting...
    I think it's up to you how much this matters for the most part since you do have it backed up with a use in the intro

    I also think that it make these triplets more inconsistent 00:42:072 (4,5) -

  3. you've done it here too wich seems to suggest that this section to you is still falling into that,
    but in my subjective opinion I still think that you could have more things not on slider ends... I'll point things out in more intense sections again

  4. I think these Vocals on the slider head and end are more specific and could be mapped with 2 elements regardless of the sections intensity 00:47:384 (1)

  5. it might also contrast in a good way with use of a lot of slider ends having sounds so far, but it's still rather subjective...
    My main concern is that the Piano chord gets more relevance the way you did it

  6. this is similar to the above but also represented by a different object 00:51:134 (2) -
    I personally dislike this more cause it's very similar to this one right after 00:53:009 (7) - which is not as special In my opinion
    It's a nice idea to try and represent the Vocalists pitching of notes with something like this,
    but it's also not as special when something like it that's not the same is expressed the same way
    and the implication for it being similar to look more resembling and thus good is missing the point in case you'd like to argue with that

  7. so far I had the impression that you wanted to emphasize strong sounds with triples while also following a resembling background rhythm, 00:52:176 (3,4,5) -
    but since there is a hold here I think you kinda just added it to follow the background rhythm instead of the Piano.
    which misses the point for me to have the section be undermapped to reflect it's in tensity at all

    you seem to have no reason for where they appear overall, at least as far as I can tell they are just there because they are interesting,
    but you could have them relate to some other sound instead of just being filler.
    I'm honestly not so sure myself how important that is to me they just seem cool but don't have a justified reason behind them.
    they are important for the later parts of the song tho to introduce the irregular rhythm intensity later on a bit I think.
    it's hard to say what to do with them where or if this even matters

    they are all from what I see there to represent the hi-hat rhythm,
    but you have so many ways you make them that it makes not much sense. here it's a double going into a slider 00:55:509 (3,4,5) -

    I would add them into Piano chords or the Vocals

  8. btw this doesn't take this one into account since it has different very special sounds 00:42:072 (4,5) -

  9. why is this a shorter slider? 00:54:884 (2) - overall it seems to be not different from most of the things from before at all.
    I'd even argue that it's misleading since a shape like that appeared before but for a different reason

    examples:

    here you have a 2nd hit where the slider ends 00:42:384 (6) -
    here it's 2 vocals 00:23:842 (1) -
    here you have a hit on the slider end followed by a circle 00:50:509 (10) - you focused on the vocal that just starts another line after the slider ends so it of course must be short

    also nearly every slider representing a Chord so far was nearly this exact length as these 00:54:051 (1,5) - so it contradicts what you've pre established so far and I don't see why.
    so if you have a reason please express it, anything is good honestly

    the Vocal starts on the blue tick where the repeat slider ends 00:53:009 (7,1) -
    and I think having this slider start here would imply that you tried to follow the Piano over the Vocal which makes not really sense
    since the Repeat focuses on the Vocals and not on the Piano from what I see 00:53:009 (7) -

  10. this is a change into another section I find done nicely 01:01:551 (2,3,4,5,6) - if anybody says to change it keep that in mind maybe

  11. starting from this section on I think it's intense enough to have Vocals consistently be on slider heads 01:07:384 (1) -
    which is getting more and more subjective since it makes enough sense and was pre established

  12. also nearly all triples in the kiai make sense to me they are fitting the Snares a more distinct element of the music
    and mostly land into Vocals surprisingly which I think is just backed up by the song
  13. this is like the triples to me I don't see any reason as to why this is mapped that way
    except that it's expressing something in a different for the sake of being different. which is a thing you can do, but I want to point it out nonetheless since I disagree with something like this
    especially if it's appearing so often

  14. this does undermap the vocalists way of pitching his notes a bit but I'm more concerned about where it ends 01:57:384 (1) -
    the note goes on for a lot longer which you don't really need to map since you could end it on the next piano note that is on the bluse tick.
    you could argue that you'd like to keep the sliders the same length, but this hold is in my opinion different from most vocal lines and it would help to make it stand out to have it be a different length.
    in the end you determine which length fits better or makes more sense rather but the shape could also be different to represent the pitching.
    it is a bit similar to this one 00:38:634 (3) -

  15. I think you really misrepresent what the Vocals are doing here 03:12:176 (4,5,6,7) - this is a very unique part of the song that's expressing the Vocals in a very interesting way.
    on top of that it's like an octave higher then the rest and is supposed to stand out a lot. this slider pretty much ignores a whole Vowel 03:12:592 (5) -
    and this slider end is on pretty much nothing. If you mainly want to follow the drums then find a way to represent both which is clearly possible
  16. there are from here one out even more vocal lines that indicate a clear change in how the section is and I think the Overall way the end of the kiai is mapped is undermining this too much.
    you can still keep the focus on whatever you like to do, but in my opinion the rest of the kiai until a drum fill comes up is mostly too similar.
    I think you have a lot of freedom on how to make this stand out more

  17. the whole section has a problem I think the lack of emphasis on slider heads in your map makes this become a blur of what's being followed 04:00:717 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) -
    I at first though that the first note must be for the Vocals , but the it seemed to exclusively follow the Piano chords, then it was I realized that you just repeated the same slider lengths.
    with a 1/4 break in between the 2 slider lengths slider 04:00:717 (1,2) - I think at least extending the first slider would be be way better, but only for slider that have a vocal in that gap

    also the Vocals are doing actually very interesting things you could map while still retaining the sections intensity

  18. I think you can remove this one 04:39:745 (4) - since it would emphasize the vocals better and I think also more closely resembles what the drum roll does

  19. and I'd also remove this one 05:05:301 (2) - since I think it represents the drum roll better listen for yourself and decide. I also checked at 50% playback rate
    you have 3 Snare at 2, 1 and 5 for you 4 and 3 are kicks and the other 2 is just a hat... which is a sound but it pretty much is not important at all,
    unless you argue with it making the rhythm more intuitiv to play

    also you have a lot of sounds in these which could stand out more 05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - but that would make things really complicated which wouldn't fit how hard the song was and is so far
posted

Celektus wrote:

[Eternity]


[notice]
Suggestions


  1. through out nearly the whole map you seem to rather follow the Vocals then the Piano, but you mixed up on what you focus on at certain points I find make not too much sense
    you often switch from Vocals to Piano when the Vocals are hold which is perfectly fine tho

  2. the Vocal here is on the slider end which is suggesting that it's less important I think 00:41:551 (3) -
    in the section from before you seemed to often have Vocal hits on slider ends too which I think works fine since the section is more calm,
    but in the more intense sections I think it's less justified and more wrong then fitting...
    I think it's up to you how much this matters for the most part since you do have it backed up with a use in the intro

    I also think that it make these triplets more inconsistent 00:42:072 (4,5) -

    this section is still pretty calm, though there are introductions of new sounds filling in some gaps, which I express by an overall slight increase in note density. which is why there are from time to time to fill in some awkward times and why vocals can still be on the ends of sliders.

  3. you've done it here too wich seems to suggest that this section to you is still falling into that,
    but in my subjective opinion I still think that you could have more things not on slider ends... I'll point things out in more intense sections again?

  4. I think these Vocals on the slider head and end are more specific and could be mapped with 2 elements regardless of the sections intensity 00:47:384 (1)
    speaking of inconsistencies, how would doing something like that not be inconsistent? if you refer to the measure(s) before this timestamp you linked, roughly at 00:44:051 - , you see the repeat slider covering 3 "strong" sounds and two sliders afterwards that each have two "strong" sounds on them. In this case I'm consistent, and yes the measure(s) before are stronger in sound but lower in note density, this is because of the distance between the sliders and the approach angle against the slider direction concept I use to strengthen these sliders, which is partially why I used such a high cs --> because it allows for this kind of rhythm/movement structure.
  5. it might also contrast in a good way with use of a lot of slider ends having sounds so far, but it's still rather subjective...
    My main concern is that the Piano chord gets more relevance the way you did it

  6. this is similar to the above but also represented by a different object 00:51:134 (2) -
    I personally dislike this more cause it's very similar to this one right after 00:53:009 (7) - which is not as special In my opinion
    It's a nice idea to try and represent the Vocalists pitching of notes with something like this,
    but it's also not as special when something like it that's not the same is expressed the same way
    and the implication for it being similar to look more resembling and thus good is missing the point in case you'd like to argue with that
    the first slider you pointed out 00:51:134 (2) - has the first purpose to represent what the vocalist is doing, which is holding a note over 1 whole beat (which kind of feels like two in this timing) I also try to recognize that there are other sounds occurring at the same time, and to accommodate for this I made the slider repeat over those sounds.in this case you get some kind of motion with the cursor to take care of the sounds while you are holding the sound representing the vocal. This 00:53:009 (7) - slider here is has a similar effect with the motion although I decided that for this kind of song, in this phrase, it would add a level of difficulty to make more than the first blue tick clickable. so to avoid this level of difficulty but to keep the strength I used 00:52:801 (6) - to create a contradicting approach angle to the slider direction, while recognizing its not possible for the player to hold their cursor at the head of the slider and not move their cursor to complete this slider, thus giving movement a purpose for emphasis on these vocals rather than clickability.

  7. so far I had the impression that you wanted to emphasize strong sounds with triples while also following a resembling background rhythm, 00:52:176 (3,4,5) -
    but since there is a hold here I think you kinda just added it to follow the background rhythm instead of the Piano.
    which misses the point for me to have the section be undermapped to reflect it's in tensity at all

    you seem to have no reason for where they appear overall, at least as far as I can tell they are just there because they are interesting,
    but you could have them relate to some other sound instead of just being filler.
    I'm honestly not so sure myself how important that is to me they just seem cool but don't have a justified reason behind them.
    they are important for the later parts of the song tho to introduce the irregular rhythm intensity later on a bit I think.
    it's hard to say what to do with them where or if this even matters

    they are all from what I see there to represent the hi-hat rhythm,
    but you have so many ways you make them that it makes not much sense. here it's a double going into a slider 00:55:509 (3,4,5) -

    I would add them into Piano chords or the Vocals I disagree for the sake I argued above, I recognized this section is more intense than the prior section so I use the 1/8 triples to fill in time when I cannot emphasis the vocals properly or there are no vocals to map.

  8. btw this doesn't take this one into account since it has different very special sounds 00:42:072 (4,5) -

  9. why is this a shorter slider? 00:54:884 (2) - overall it seems to be not different from most of the things from before at all.
    I'd even argue that it's misleading since a shape like that appeared before but for a different reason There is no reason to believe this shape is misleading since it it almost (if not only) exclusively representative of the rhythm it tries to follow. the reason for the rhythm being the way it is was through testing. I tested out other rhythms for this section and found that the 1/4 slider kept the rhythm density low enough to help keep time between the sound of the piano hitting on every white tick. I also recognized that there was hi-hat in the background here 00:55:092 - that was easily audible that I didn't want to represent with a click, but it would be helpful to the sounds 00:55:509 (3,4,5) - here, if I represented it in some way.

    examples:

    here you have a 2nd hit where the slider ends 00:42:384 (6) -
    here it's 2 vocals 00:23:842 (1) -
    here you have a hit on the slider end followed by a circle 00:50:509 (10) - you focused on the vocal that just starts another line after the slider ends so it of course must be short

    also nearly every slider representing a Chord so far was nearly this exact length as these 00:54:051 (1,5) - so it contradicts what you've pre established so far and I don't see why.
    so if you have a reason please express it, anything is good honestly

    the Vocal starts on the blue tick where the repeat slider ends 00:53:009 (7,1) -
    and I think having this slider start here would imply that you tried to follow the Piano over the Vocal which makes not really sense
    since the Repeat focuses on the Vocals and not on the Piano from what I see 00:53:009 (7) -

  10. this is a change into another section I find done nicely 01:01:551 (2,3,4,5,6) - if anybody says to change it keep that in mind maybe

  11. starting from this section on I think it's intense enough to have Vocals consistently be on slider heads 01:07:384 (1) -
    which is getting more and more subjective since it makes enough sense and was pre established

  12. also nearly all triples in the kiai make sense to me they are fitting the Snares a more distinct element of the music
    and mostly land into Vocals surprisingly which I think is just backed up by the song
  13. this is like the triples to me I don't see any reason as to why this is mapped that way
    except that it's expressing something in a different for the sake of being different. which is a thing you can do, but I want to point it out nonetheless since I disagree with something like this ?
    especially if it's appearing so often

  14. this does undermap the vocalists way of pitching his notes a bit but I'm more concerned about where it ends 01:57:384 (1) -
    the note goes on for a lot longer which you don't really need to map since you could end it on the next piano note that is on the bluse tick.
    you could argue that you'd like to keep the sliders the same length, but this hold is in my opinion different from most vocal lines and it would help to make it stand out to have it be a different length.
    in the end you determine which length fits better or makes more sense rather but the shape could also be different to represent the pitching.
    it is a bit similar to this one 00:38:634 (3) - I have to disagree with them being similar for the sake of intent behind musical progression. The intent I see behind the example at 00:38:634 - is predecessor to a buildup in the music, this means this has some sort of build up to it. whereas the note listed at 01:57:384 - does not have a buildup after it, it just has a regular section almost identical to the section it exists in, for this reason I find this to time to have the intent of a break before another section and for this reason I'm keeping the slider length down. I know the actual vocal ends a bit later but extending the slider to 01:58:634 - will cause a similar issue because then the sound starting on this beat will not have an accurate representation. for this reason I chose a simple beat to end on which was the hihat sound at 01:58:217 -

  15. I think you really misrepresent what the Vocals are doing here 03:12:176 (4,5,6,7) - this is a very unique part of the song that's expressing the Vocals in a very interesting way.
    on top of that it's like an octave higher then the rest and is supposed to stand out a lot. this slider pretty much ignores a whole Vowel 03:12:592 (5) -
    and this slider end is on pretty much nothing. If you mainly want to follow the drums then find a way to represent both which is clearly possible
    I believe you failed to correctly interpolate the intention behind my rhythm choices for the kiai sections. this intention is to represent the drums in the song especially since they are being brought out just for these sections.
  16. there are from here one out even more vocal lines that indicate a clear change in how the section is and I think the Overall way the end of the kiai is mapped is undermining this too much.
    you can still keep the focus on whatever you like to do, but in my opinion the rest of the kiai until a drum fill comes up is mostly too similar.
    I think you have a lot of freedom on how to make this stand out more

  17. the whole section has a problem I think the lack of emphasis on slider heads in your map makes this become a blur of what's being followed 04:00:717 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) -
    I at first though that the first note must be for the Vocals , but the it seemed to exclusively follow the Piano chords, then it was I realized that you just repeated the same slider lengths.
    with a 1/4 break in between the 2 slider lengths slider 04:00:717 (1,2) - I think at least extending the first slider would be be way better, but only for slider that have a vocal in that gap actually the break between these is 1/2 and 1/1. I have a purpose for extended sliders which is seen in the kiai like this 02:46:759 (1,1) - .

    also the Vocals are doing actually very interesting things you could map while still retaining the sections intensity

  18. I think you can remove this one 04:39:745 (4) - since it would emphasize the vocals better and I think also more closely resembles what the drum roll does

  19. and I'd also remove this one 05:05:301 (2) - since I think it represents the drum roll better listen for yourself and decide. I also checked at 50% playback rate
    you have 3 Snare at 2, 1 and 5 for you 4 and 3 are kicks and the other 2 is just a hat... which is a sound but it pretty much is not important at all,
    unless you argue with it making the rhythm more intuitiv to play

    also you have a lot of sounds in these which could stand out more 05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - but that would make things really complicated which wouldn't fit how hard the song was and is so far there are sounds that I mapped to, when I'm mapping the drum "rolls" I'm going to include everything the performer included. I also cannot make some weird random distance snap exception with a cs 7 map because that is not the purpose of it. the notes are emphasized the way the performer actually plays the notes, yes they sound different but they are meshed together and played in a miniphrase.


thanks for checking the map out.

everything was addressed at some point in this mod reply,
tl;dr no changes.
posted
In this mod:





[Kek]
Minor/obvious suggestions first because they're easy

  1. 00:02:592 (5,6) - Looks like 1/4 due to spacing, but its actually 1/2. Idk what you told UC but he pointed out the same thing right? ?.?
  2. 01:33:426 (1) - A bit weird you switch to vocals here after following all drums in the kiai, why not map the 3 distinct drums on the 1/4 in this slider
  3. 03:13:426 - Missing 'te' vocals
  4. 04:02:384 (2) - Top kek :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: Maybe you should do this again for 04:09:051 (2) - 04:15:717 (2) -
  5. 05:20:717 (1) - I matched the curvature of the top bit with the bottom bit, try 185,76,320717,6,0,B|212:148|204:210|126:229|114:232|102:233|19:241|-3:300|31:430|129:436|225:369|250:315|237:252|227:214|224:204|223:195|186:106|316:6|399:103|361:192|263:188,1,800,4|0,0:1|0:0,0:0:0:0:
  6. 01:30:717 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - 03:04:051 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - Rhythm differs. Only spotted this because of an overlapping issue so meh. The real reason why these inconsistencies pop up is because you aren't clear/strict enough in when you place strong sounds on slider ends, but I don't know what to say so maybe ignore my rambling...
Triples undermapping

I tried to think of reasons why you undermapped some triples, then I spotted 00:41:551 (3,4,5,6) - and now I think you need to listen more closely. I know it can be really really ambiguous when to map a triple or not since this song is full of triples ranging from loud to really really soft. For each section I've tried to track which triples you're trying to map and checked accordingly, but you should probably do a self mod too.

  1. 00:41:551 (3,4,5,6) - Before and After and alternative if you don't map the spoon sounds (yes it sounds like spoons to me, no idk why EGOIST has spoons in their music) There are other unmapped spoons in the section I think.


  2. 00:53:634 - 00:53:842 - Triple inside
  3. 01:15:509 (4,5,6) - Not a triple, sound like some weird drum distortion (you don't map this in second kiai 02:48:842 (4) - )
  4. 01:23:842 (8,9) - Either no triple or very very soft
  5. 01:12:176 (4) - Missing loud triple (you map this in second kiai 02:45:509 (4,5,6) - )
  6. 01:19:467 (6,7,8,9) - Isn't this a 1/6 section
  7. 02:12:801 (4,5,6) - You first miss 02:12:176 - 02:12:384 - , decide to map 02:12:801 (4,5,6) -, then miss 02:13:634 - 02:13:842 - ? I can understand if you don't want to map the ticks but you want to map the car crash sfx (idk how to describe lol)
  8. 02:14:884 (3) - Spoon sfx from earlier, again I think you don't map some spoons in this section
  9. 02:16:134 (7) - Car crash triple (you map this in first section 00:42:801 (7,8,9) - )
  10. 02:26:967 - 02:27:176 - Triple inside
  11. 02:42:176 (4,5) - Triple between? (you map this in first kiai 01:08:842 (4,5,6) - )
  12. 02:52:697 (6,7,8,9) - Isn't this a 1/6 section
  13. 03:06:342 (7) - No sound here, so you could extend the 6 slider either to 7 to form post slider triple or extend to 8 to form post slider double
  14. 03:07:176 (12,1) - Triple between
  15. 03:13:634 (7,1) - Triple between
  16. 03:17:176 - 03:17:384 - Triple inside
  17. 03:18:842 - 03:19:051 - Triple inside
  18. 03:27:384 - Either you're undermapping the following or you're overmapping 03:43:842 (9,10,1) - , your choice
  19. 03:30:509 (6,1) - Triple between
  20. 03:30:717 (1,2) - Triple between
  21. 03:36:551 (3,4,1) - Woah wtf is this a quintuple
  22. 03:42:176 (4,5) - Triple between
  23. 03:45:509 (5,6) - Triple between
  24. 03:50:092 (7,1) - Triple between
  25. 03:59:676 (9) - No sound here, it's been extended to 03:59:780 (10) -
  26. 04:28:842 (4,5) - Triple between (you map this in 2nd kiai and missed it in 1st kiai)
  27. 04:30:509 (8,1) - Triple between
  28. 04:35:509 (4) - Triple inside (you map this in 1st kiai but don't in 2nd kiai)
  29. 04:39:329 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - This is the 1/6 section I was talking about earlier, compare to this!
  30. 05:20:717 (1) - Triririririples jk


WOOH FINALLY DONE WITH CANCER TRIPLECHECKING
The top kek suggestions

This was something I definitely spotted during gameplay, although I wasn't sure how problematic it was. I think you have too many types of overlaps, let's do a quick rundown of the first few types that show up (there are so many I don't think I can even list them all) and a couple of examples for each:

  1. Circle behind slider head (1/4 gap)
    00:07:384 (1,2) - ~11.7px apart

    01:31:967 (5,6) - ~8.5px apart

  2. Circle behind slider head (1/2 gap)
    00:16:342 (5,6) - ~7px apart

    02:35:717 (4,5) - no overlap (tbh 99% of this type don't overlap at all)
  3. Slider to slider (1/4 gap)
    00:14:051 (1,2,3) - ~12px apart

    00:20:717 (1,2) - No overlap
  4. Slider to slider (1/8 gap)
    01:13:426 (1,1) - ~14.2px apart

    02:46:759 (1,1) - ~8px apart (it's even the same sound, just in different kiai)

  5. Slider end behind circle (1/4 gap)
    00:30:509 (5,1) - ~14.8px apart
    00:40:509 (4,1) - ~10.3px apart
    00:59:676 (7,8) - ~26.2px apart
  6. Slider head behind circle (1/4 gap)
    00:40:509 (4,1) - ...

    ...


Yeah ok

It's obviously not a bad thing to have more than one type of overlap, but when you have THIS MANY, it's very easy to become inconsistent with them. Why not stick with 2 to 3 overlap amounts? For example the following 3 would be able to cover every overlap you have, but defining them first makes the overlaps clear and easier to track.


I mean, you could also just fix the ones I point out, but why not assign each overlap a distinct type since that way you'd both be more thorough and is probably easier to do a full sweep than to patch things here and there.

Fuck this shit, look at the list below for what I did for just the kiai... Every single overlap has a different size.

  1. 01:08:009 (2,3) - 01:11:342 (2,3) - 01:14:676 (2,3) - 01:18:009 (2,3) - 01:21:342 (2,3) - 01:24:676 (2,3) - 01:28:009 (2,3) -
  2. 01:13:426 (1,1) - 01:20:092 (1,1) - 01:26:759 (1,1) -
posted

gracefu wrote:

  1. 00:02:592 (5,6) - Looks like 1/4 due to spacing, but its actually 1/2. Idk what you told UC but he pointed out the same thing right? ?.? it actually doesn't look like either a 1/2 or 1/4, its calling on the player to read what it is, and using spacing emphasis to show 6 is weak.
  2. 01:33:426 (1) - A bit weird you switch to vocals here after following all drums in the kiai, why not map the 3 distinct drums on the 1/4 in this slider its a slider to accentuate the vocals transition the music undergoes before the break
  3. 03:13:426 - Missing 'te' vocals not mapping to the vocals here
  4. 04:02:384 (2) - Top kek :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: Maybe you should do this again for 04:09:051 (2) - 04:15:717 (2) - its not unrankable.
  5. 05:20:717 (1) - I matched the curvature of the top bit with the bottom bit, try I don't see a difference ? 185,76,320717,6,0,B|212:148|204:210|126:229|114:232|102:233|19:241|-3:300|31:430|129:436|225:369|250:315|237:252|227:214|224:204|223:195|186:106|316:6|399:103|361:192|263:188,1,800,4|0,0:1|0:0,0:0:0:0:
  6. 01:30:717 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - 03:04:051 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - Rhythm differs. Only spotted this because of an overlapping issue so meh. The real reason why these inconsistencies pop up is because you aren't clear/strict enough in when you place strong sounds on slider ends, but I don't know what to say so maybe ignore my rambling... they are different mostly because they are different in the music? plus the second one has a transition into another kiai time.


As for the triples being included/discluded. I explained this in the previous mod reply I'm pretty sure. The point of most of the triples was filler to the vocals part. they were introduced as an element of game-play to signal progression of the music as a form of increase in rhythm density and facilitate movement emphasis when it was appropriate. It is worth noting the spots you pointed out were in fact 1/6 and I changed those to be accurate represent the song.

As for the overlaps being so various, I think the method by which you are using to identify overlaps is mislead. A player will not be able to identify a 2 pixel different in overlaps, its about where in the object is being overlapped. For the intro I use diversity in overlaps to create the idea that the player should try and read them, and then in the kiais there are only 2 types of overlaps. 1. there is some circle overlapping the end of a slider, this indicates a 1/4 gap with empahsis on the slider head. 2. the end of a slider is over and past the head of another slider, which indicates an sv change and a 1/8 rhythm gap . All other overlap types are pretty readable already considering such a low AR, but they have no strict meaning behind them other than the movement I wanted from the player is best represented when these objects overlap.
posted
Hi, as per request!

[ Eternity]
  1. 01:31:759 (4,5,6) - This flow is really uncomfortable all of the sudden, and there isn't a clearly discernable change in the music for this. Considering how most of the kiai is fairly comfortable flow, and even the ending of the kiai is pretty comfortable, this just seems out of place. The way it plays sure doesn't exactly require you to follow the whole slider, but the flow itself is just meh. 03:51:759 (4,5,6) - even here it worked better lol.
  2. 01:53:634 (6) - Overmapped. There's no sound on the reverse arrow of this and would work fine as a regular kickslider.
  3. 02:25:717 (5) - Could work as a kickslider since there's a noticeable and quite strong drum you skip on the next tick.
  4. 03:19:884 (7,8,9) - The 8 isn't emphasizing anything, these three notes have the same sounds on them all at the same intensity so the spacing to 8 looks arbitrary. If anything, 7 should have emphasis because the bass comes in there.
  5. 04:02:384 (2) - I know it's not unrankable, but this looks really out of place lol. Do it for this one 04:09:051 (2) - too so it's not emphasizing the vocal vibrato one time and not another time if that makes sense.
  6. 04:53:635 (10,11) - If you're going to emphasize the drums 10 should have more spacing from 04:53:426 (9) - as well.
  7. 05:06:551 (5,6) - Spacing could throw off players seeing as 05:05:717 (5,1) - is a bigger gap in the timeline yet spaced the exact same. Reading the approach circles while streaming isn't an easy thing to do so I recommend changing the spacing of 5 and 6 to be slightly closer.
  8. 05:20:717 (1) - Nice. I like this slider.
As usual, map is pretty established in its concepts, so I stuck with some really obvious consistency stuff if anything.

Good luck.~
posted
re-hitsounded some stream and raised a lot of greenline volumes by 5% or 10%
posted

Mir wrote:

Hi, as per request!

[ Eternity]
  1. 01:31:759 (4,5,6) - This flow is really uncomfortable all of the sudden, and there isn't a clearly discernable change in the music for this. Considering how most of the kiai is fairly comfortable flow, and even the ending of the kiai is pretty comfortable, this just seems out of place. The way it plays sure doesn't exactly require you to follow the whole slider, but the flow itself is just meh. 03:51:759 (4,5,6) - even here it worked better lol. its comfortable for me. plus the whole kiais are about sharp angle changes for 1/4 emphasis.
  2. 01:53:634 (6) - Overmapped. There's no sound on the reverse arrow of this and would work fine as a regular kickslider. turn effects off,
    the sound I've mapped most 1/8's to exists here as well

  3. 02:25:717 (5) - Could work as a kickslider since there's a noticeable and quite strong drum you skip on the next tick. this is in a vocal centric section.
  4. 03:19:884 (7,8,9) - The 8 isn't emphasizing anything, these three notes have the same sounds on them all at the same intensity so the spacing to 8 looks arbitrary. If anything, 7 should have emphasis because the bass comes in there. 7 gets empahsis from holding the slider, but its also the start of a progressive pattern towards 1 because of how the drums lead into the downbeat.
  5. 04:02:384 (2) - I know it's not unrankable, but this looks really out of place lol. Do it for this one 04:09:051 (2) - too so it's not emphasizing the vocal vibrato one time and not another time if that makes sense. it doesn't obscure the sliderball path noticeably at half time, full time, or double time, sure maybe it would draw some eyes, but they would be focusing more on the sliders for the slow section because of this, making the sliders more powerful and relevant.
  6. 04:53:635 (10,11) - If you're going to emphasize the drums 10 should have more spacing from 04:53:426 (9) - as well. very gradual increase in spacing requires control, plus the notes right after a triple don't have normal emphasis values because of the intensity of a triple.
  7. 05:06:551 (5,6) - Spacing could throw off players seeing as 05:05:717 (5,1) - is a bigger gap in the timeline yet spaced the exact same. Reading the approach circles while streaming isn't an easy thing to do so I recommend changing the spacing of 5 and 6 to be I see what you mean, but all the 1/6 and 1/3 have been very careful, while all the jumps have been in 1/4 or 1/2. watching testplays of this I see players playing jump as if its 1/4, which tells me this idea does exist to some extent.
  8. 05:20:717 (1) - Nice. I like this slider.
As usual, map is pretty established in its concepts, so I stuck with some really obvious consistency stuff if anything.

Good luck.~


ti
posted
ok lets not write an extended essay and get the whole thing denied

00:00:718 (1) - timing is slightly early, wasn't an issue on the ranked set but this one has keysounds so
00:16:342 (5,6) - Only pattern in opening where 1/2 is under slider head/tail. Rest of the time this pattern is done on 1/4 patterns, change so it's consistent with others.. (eg. 00:07:384 (1,2) - ) I'd suggest changing the 1/2 to something else since the DS is much smaller compared to other general spacing
00:24:259 (2) - Optional, but piano ends 1/4 before, the 1/1 here doesn't land on anything
00:50:509 (10,1) - Suggest different stack, since cursor has to go backwards to click this if following slider path
00:56:967 (7) - Consider making this a slider, imo plays a bit better, though would have to apply same to other parts.
01:02:384 (4) - Using this maps the piano on a head rather than a tail https://puu.sh/v2X6a/2c8d2c553d.png
02:00:717 (1) - Could curve so this leads into the next slider better
02:08:842 (3,4) - Spacing is much larger to 3, but 4,5 both are around same importance with much less spacing, increase distances for those two. Could curve left so there's a better angle to next slider
02:12:801 (4) - Spacing is identical to previous two sliders with 1/4 gaps, not possible to read that it is now 1/2 gap
02:22:384 (6) - You follow vocals mostly, but this starts on slider tail, use this https://puu.sh/v2Xvr/fbff1cc8b9.png
02:26:065 (6) - y does this song do 1/12 lol
02:36:967 (6) - This circle has half as much emphasis compared to 01:03:634 (6) -
02:52:801 (1) - This would be easier to play if the stream wasn't stacked under the slider, was further away
03:19:884 (7) - Don't directly stack so easier to see circle
03:33:426 (1,1) - I know you normally stack stuff behind slider tail when using low sv, sliders are fine, but this really makes streams difficult
03:52:592 (7) - kinda far away here
04:02:384 (2) - no
04:17:384 (1) - could make the tail clickable, since it's powerful sound
04:24:467 (1) - nothing wrong with making the first bits repeat sliders, since it's clear groups of 3. long stream like this people really won't like
04:35:509 (4) - missing hitsound
04:39:051 (5,1) - acc killer
05:09:884 (6) - could blanket better
05:19:467 (10) - 3x overlaps in a row is weird, suggest to change pattern, or make all 3 go in a straight line https://puu.sh/v2Y4L/c5a9273b88.png

Rhythm Incarnate Achieved!! \o/
posted

Sinnoh wrote:

ok lets not write an extended essay and get the whole thing denied

00:00:718 (1) - timing is slightly early, wasn't an issue on the ranked set but this one has keysounds so I don't quite hear it, but I took the exact timing from the ranked set and the mp3
00:16:342 (5,6) - Only pattern in opening where 1/2 is under slider head/tail. Rest of the time this pattern is done on 1/4 patterns, change so it's consistent with others.. (eg. 00:07:384 (1,2) - ) I'd suggest changing the 1/2 to something else since the DS is much smaller compared to other general spacing you could argue similarly for the 1/4 gaps, but none theless its very readable.
00:24:259 (2) - Optional, but piano ends 1/4 before, the 1/1 here doesn't land on anything the reason for the slider being 1/1 is because at the end of the slider the vocals starts stopping, if that makes sense.
00:50:509 (10,1) - Suggest different stack, since cursor has to go backwards to click this if following slider path this is misinformation, the player will aim for the circle right after they click the head of the slider, plus its automatically stacked, how would have have to move back when all you have to do it just stop moving.
00:56:967 (7) - Consider making this a slider, imo plays a bit better, though would have to apply same to other parts. no reason to change it so not going to.
01:02:384 (4) - Using this maps the piano on a head rather than a tail I have a lot of sounds on slider tailshttps://puu.sh/v2X6a/2c8d2c553d.png
02:00:717 (1) - Could curve so this leads into the next slider better its fine how it is.
02:08:842 (3,4) - Spacing is much larger to 3, but 4,5 both are around same importance with much less spacing, increase distances for those two. Could curve left so there's a better angle to next slider I kind of see this, so i somewhat increase spacing of 4 and 5
02:12:801 (4) - Spacing is identical to previous two sliders with 1/4 gaps, not possible to read that it is now 1/2 gap actually it is possible if you just watch the approach circles like most players, I had a rank 200k+ play this and he read this perfectly fine.
02:22:384 (6) - You follow vocals mostly, but this starts on slider tail, use this https://puu.sh/v2Xvr/fbff1cc8b9.png dude I have so many relevant notes on slider ends and on repeats of sliders you can't just now notice
02:26:065 (6) - y does this song do 1/12 lol ??
02:36:967 (6) - This circle has half as much emphasis compared to 01:03:634 (6) - it takes control to slow down for this note.
02:52:801 (1) - This would be easier to play if the stream wasn't stacked under the slider, was further away well its hard then?
03:19:884 (7) - Don't directly stack so easier to see circle its very readable, like i said with the testplay in the originil
03:33:426 (1,1) - I know you normally stack stuff behind slider tail when using low sv, sliders are fine, but this really makes streams difficult you should notice that all sliders extending to 1/8 are like this, its not really SV related, though the sv also indicates this.
03:52:592 (7) - kinda far away here its far away enough since its a strong beat.
04:02:384 (2) - no : ^ )
04:17:384 (1) - could make the tail clickable, since it's powerful sound like i said before, I have a lot of sounds on slider tails, though I want the pause to be more noticable, which is why there is such a long hold up to this point and no click at the end of it.
04:24:467 (1) - nothing wrong with making the first bits repeat sliders, since it's clear groups of 3. long stream like this people really won't like I've always mapped these 1/3 as clickable.
04:35:509 (4) - missing hitsound good catch : ^ )
04:39:051 (5,1) - acc killer testplayer did it just perfectly fine.
05:09:884 (6) - could blanket better TRIGGERED, this isn't even supposed to be a blanket
05:19:467 (10) - 3x overlaps in a row is weird, suggest to change pattern, or make all 3 go in a straight line https://puu.sh/v2Y4L/c5a9273b88.png overlapping is fitting since so many drums and the conclusion of the song.

Rhythm Incarnate Achieved!! \o/
posted


most of it is going to be suggestions, I fucking suck at this.

[An Attempt to be Useful]
* 00:04:676 (4) - not really a problem, but I'd suggest making the slider longer to 00:05:509 - and make it look something like this:

*00:24:259 (2) - another suggestion, turning it to
* 00:54:051 (1,2) - , 00:55:717 (5,6) - I'd space 1,2 and 5,6 away from each other like you did in 00:57:384 (1,2) - just to make it a tiny bit more consistent.
* 01:00:717 (1,2) - same thing as above. it looks kinda meh too ):
*01:02:176 - I feel like you're missing beats here, perhaps on purpose but yeah. I'd make a triple here, like this:
* 01:03:426 - making this clickable sounds like a good idea to me
* 01:26:759 (1,1) - y u do dis? place 01:27:384 (1) - a bit below :(
* 02:35:509 - same as 01:02:176 - ^^ would make a triple here.
* 02:36:342 - , 02:36:759 - I'd make them clickable as well.
* 04:00:717 - really just a suggestion, but if you feel suicidal enough, it'd be cool to map the piano here instead and do keysounding LOL ye rite thats too mcuhe effort fuck this
05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - I'd the second stream a bit further from the first one... it was a bit tricky to read for me.
* BIGGER CS PLS
that's it for me. sorry for the short mod :,D I hope it was somewhat useful. good luck!
posted

Milkshake wrote:



most of it is going to be suggestions, I fucking suck at this.

[An Attempt to be Useful]
* 00:04:676 (4) - not really a problem, but I'd suggest making the slider longer to 00:05:509 - and make it look something like this piano is no clear where the end is, since I keysounded I silenced ends of non keysounds. For this note you can't tell where the piano ends because the vocal comes in, which is at the point I indicated with the slider end.
*00:24:259 (2) - another suggestion, turning it to after the first section I'm mapping for the vocals primarily
* 00:54:051 (1,2) - , 00:55:717 (5,6) - I'd space 1,2 and 5,6 away from each other like you did in 00:57:384 (1,2) - just to make it a tiny bit more consistent. this has a reason, which is the song is progressing which is easy to tell because of the vocal change and the piano pitch.
* 01:00:717 (1,2) - same thing as above. it looks kinda meh too ): this I change because its part of the most recent previous
*01:02:176 - I feel like you're missing beats here, perhaps on purpose but yeah. I'd make a triple here, like this there are many times where I don't map these sounds.
* 01:03:426 - making this clickable sounds like a good idea to me same comment as before
* 01:26:759 (1,1) - y u do dis? place 01:27:384 (1) - a bit below :(this one is because for 1/8 I made the slider start inside the previous slider for the consistency.
* 02:35:509 - same as 01:02:176 - ^^ would make a triple here. same comment as before
* 02:36:342 - , 02:36:759 - I'd make them clickable as well. same comment as before
* 04:00:717 - really just a suggestion, but if you feel suicidal enough, it'd be cool to map the piano here instead and do keysounding LOL ye rite thats too mcuhe effort fuck this this is vocal centric section so vocals.
05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - I'd the second stream a bit further from the first one... it was a bit tricky to read for me. its 1/3 and not 1/4
* BIGGER CS PLS u2
that's it for me. sorry for the short mod :,D I hope it was somewhat useful. good luck!


thanks for checking out the map and modding <3
posted
Hey my dude, here I go with repaying my M4M (;

I like CS7 (<3)

Thing before I start: I expect you to deny a lot of the things I mention, since I convey purely subjective standpoints in a lot of the examples (a fair bit of them are aesthetics), so take them with a grain of salt. If you happen to like the ideas though, sweet! :)

And also, BN practice mod, so like, nice reasoning would be lewd thank you mah dood <3

General



Some of the 1/3 patterns are spaced equally to normal 1/4 gaps, which makes the 1/3 parts feel very confusing, even if you zig-zag them. A random 1/3 pattern I did some changes to it something like 02:52:801 (1,2,3,1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788166 . It seems hard to play stuff like this, but when you think about the BPM, the spacing compared to the rest of the choruses, and the fact that the turns are all changing rotation and are sharp, this can be easier to play in terms of momentum than what you have now. If you dislike what I did here, i'd consider just increasing spacing on all those 1/3 sections to make it stand out more from other parts of the map :D

Your 1/3 parts:
01:19:467 (1,2,3,1) -
02:52:801 (1,2,3,1) -
03:34:051 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - (It's especially important for the 3:34 one, 'cause it really looks like 1/4 because of the AR and patterning beforehand) (Keep in mind that 1/3 is slower than 1/4, so having low spacing on something that is slower in the song is underwhelming in terms of gameplay)

04:24:467 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - (This one is standalone, and if you increase the spacing, make 1-2 reverses with this. (on
04:24:467 (1) - and 04:25:717 (1) - preferably)

04:39:329 (1,2,3,4,1) - (I mentioned an NC thing here too)

05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - (mentioned more NC stuff here below)

- Unrankable (presumably) hitsounds:
Wave hitsounds with possible delay > 5ms:
soft-hitwhistle11.wav
soft-hitwhistle12.wav
soft-hitwhistle13.wav
soft-hitwhistle14.wav
soft-hitwhistle15.wav
soft-hitwhistle16.wav
soft-hitwhistle17.wav
soft-hitwhistle19.wav
soft-hitwhistle2.wav
soft-hitwhistle20.wav
soft-hitwhistle21.wav
soft-hitwhistle22.wav
soft-hitwhistle28.wav
soft-hitwhistle29.wav
soft-hitwhistle30.wav
soft-hitwhistle5.wav
soft-hitwhistle6.wav

Unused hitsounds:
soft-hitnormal15.wav
soft-hitwhistle15.wav


^ Looking into the ones above, there's definitely some small gaps on the audacity file (They seem to be ~6-7 ms large, so I'd remove that gap if possible) Here's a random example from one of the files: https://gyazo.com/62fac6421e5e7d12fedcb07eb2330a1e

- Audio Kbps: 128 (You could probably find a 192 kbps version somewhere, it is a little meh in terms of how it sounds sometimes (maybe ask shad0w1and or something? :o)

- Some of the Kiai times are unsnapped, refer to AiMod. (They are off by 1 ms wtf)

Things i didn't check: Metadata

yummy CS



00:04:051 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -I feel like the pitch of the song should make the pattern ascending in a more smooth way. You're kinda doing it atm, but the spacing is a little inconsistent between 00:04:051 (1,2,3) - and 00:05:717 (5,6,7) - for example. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788101 <--- (1,2 is 2.1x, 2,3 is 2,3x and 3,4 is 2,5x) and same for 00:05:717 (5,6,7,8) - , which is https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788117

00:11:342 (4,5,6) - This part could have that ascending spacing feel too.

00:25:717 - I'd map something here. refer to my suggestion on 01:59:051 - xd

00:27:384 (1,2,4) - visual equality maybe? It'll make the pattern look cleaner overall, even if you don't see the notes at the same time (Look at green circles) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788131
^ I mention these types of things, because there aren't many notes in the song, so every visual concept counts here to make a good looking map.

00:33:842 (6,1,2) - I feel like this would flow a liittle better. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788138

00:36:759 (5,6,1) - Yum reading :* <3

00:50:509 (10,1) - This messed me up so hard while playing, because the downbeat is also representing something strong. I'd either do 3 single taps or make a reverse instead here to simplify the rhythm a bit.

01:46:759 (1,1) - The tilt here is kinda weird compared to the almost perfectly horizontal slider xd It looks better on 02:00:092 (5,1) -

01:59:051 - i'd add in 4 single taps here to follow the piano: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788217 this or a zig-zag could be pretty good i think I find it weird that it's left out since you didn't do anything on

02:13:842 (8) - The DS is a little inconsistent with the 2x you went for earlier (it's 1,7 from 02:13:217 (7) - )

02:14:676 (2) - I'd also make this 2x

02:18:842 (4,5) - maybe make 5 a copy of 4? xd

02:23:842 (11,1) - I'm mixed, but I won't mention a suggestion 'cause it's obvious that it's intentional xd (Reason being is 'cause you follow downbeats pretty closely most of the time)

02:36:967 (6) - I'd space this a little more due to the hitsound to use here (maybe NC, but doesn't matter)

02:37:072 (1) - The recovery is low, so if 02:39:467 (1,1) - was a little closer to the middle, that would be quite helpful for having a stable aim getting into the more spacing parts in the chorus :)

03:19:259 (5,6) - Maybe switch rhythm here or make a reverse since the drum is strong on 03:19:259 - only for those 3 1/4 beats? xd

03:21:342 (2,4,5) - Is visually off by a bit (Yup, I didn't send a blanket, are you proud ma!!) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788275

03:57:592 (2,3,4) - visually off by a bit like before (I moved slider ends a little bit) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788295

04:02:384 (2) - lul xd

04:09:051 (2) - I'd make this slider somewhat similar to 4:02

04:10:717 (1,2) - Why are these normal xd

04:15:717 (2) - especially this one should be an odd shape, since we're on a # note musically, which is jarring/gimmicky in the song itself

04:20:092 (7) - NC for visuals? (you do low BPM sliders to NC'ed notes quite often)

04:39:329 (1,2) - switch NC, 'cause it's deceiving on the 1/3 tick currently. (Either that, or make it obvious that the 2nd note is on the white tick.)

05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - I would completely revert the way the 1/3's play here, 'cause there's emphasis on the (2) and (5) in both of these. NC patterning could technically also be different, laying focus on (2) and (5) for NC'ing, but that's not as important. I did a suggestion where I applied both of these + the spacing changes from earlier: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788374 (even for me my suggestion is jarring to look at, so you can probably come up with something that is way better than this lol)

05:18:634 (6,8,10) - Did you do this earlier in the song? I don't think you did xd Then again, it fits with the slider shape so Idk lol :3
Pretty fancy map, I wish you lots of luck on it! :) Just poke me if you have questions regarding the mod later :D
posted

Spork Lover wrote:

Hey my dude, here I go with repaying my M4M (;

I like CS7 (<3)

Thing before I start: I expect you to deny a lot of the things I mention, since I convey purely subjective standpoints in a lot of the examples (a fair bit of them are aesthetics), so take them with a grain of salt. If you happen to like the ideas though, sweet! :)

And also, BN practice mod, so like, nice reasoning would be lewd thank you mah dood <3

General



Some of the 1/3 patterns are spaced equally to normal 1/4 gaps, which makes the 1/3 parts feel very confusing, even if you zig-zag them. A random 1/3 pattern I did some changes to it something like 02:52:801 (1,2,3,1) - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788166 . It seems hard to play stuff like this, but when you think about the BPM, the spacing compared to the rest of the choruses, and the fact that the turns are all changing rotation and are sharp, this can be easier to play in terms of momentum than what you have now. If you dislike what I did here, i'd consider just increasing spacing on all those 1/3 sections to make it stand out more from other parts of the map :D

Your 1/3 parts:
01:19:467 (1,2,3,1) -
02:52:801 (1,2,3,1) -
03:34:051 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - (It's especially important for the 3:34 one, 'cause it really looks like 1/4 because of the AR and patterning beforehand) (Keep in mind that 1/3 is slower than 1/4, so having low spacing on something that is slower in the song is underwhelming in terms of gameplay)

04:24:467 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - (This one is standalone, and if you increase the spacing, make 1-2 reverses with this. (on
04:24:467 (1) - and 04:25:717 (1) - preferably)

04:39:329 (1,2,3,4,1) - (I mentioned an NC thing here too)

05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - (mentioned more NC stuff here below)

- Unrankable (presumably) hitsounds:
Wave hitsounds with possible delay > 5ms:
soft-hitwhistle11.wav
soft-hitwhistle12.wav
soft-hitwhistle13.wav
soft-hitwhistle14.wav
soft-hitwhistle15.wav
soft-hitwhistle16.wav
soft-hitwhistle17.wav
soft-hitwhistle19.wav
soft-hitwhistle2.wav
soft-hitwhistle20.wav
soft-hitwhistle21.wav
soft-hitwhistle22.wav
soft-hitwhistle28.wav
soft-hitwhistle29.wav
soft-hitwhistle30.wav
soft-hitwhistle5.wav
soft-hitwhistle6.wav

Unused hitsounds:
soft-hitnormal15.wav
soft-hitwhistle15.wav


^ Looking into the ones above, there's definitely some small gaps on the audacity file (They seem to be ~6-7 ms large, so I'd remove that gap if possible) Here's a random example from one of the files: https://gyazo.com/62fac6421e5e7d12fedcb07eb2330a1e

- Audio Kbps: 128 (You could probably find a 192 kbps version somewhere, it is a little meh in terms of how it sounds sometimes (maybe ask shad0w1and or something? :o)

- Some of the Kiai times are unsnapped, refer to AiMod. (They are off by 1 ms wtf)

Things i didn't check: Metadata
I have to responsd to this section generally due to the nature you posed certain topics. the 1/6 clickable streams you say look like 1/8 don't look like 1/8 because the times when I use 1/8 its times like 01:23:842 (8,9,1) - and 01:15:509 (4,5,6) - . What you said about possible hitsound delay is accurate, I will fix this eventually, make a post noting the day I in fact will fix it so people can redownload the song folder, though I don't have the tools to fix them right now. For unused hitsounds I will fix that when i fix the hitsound delays. As for mp3, find me a better one time it and i will consider otherwise no thanks. Fixed unsnapped kiai times zzzz i hate rounding

yummy CS



00:04:051 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -I feel like the pitch of the song should make the pattern ascending in a more smooth way. You're kinda doing it atm, but the spacing is a little inconsistent between 00:04:051 (1,2,3) - and 00:05:717 (5,6,7) - for example. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788101 <--- (1,2 is 2.1x, 2,3 is 2,3x and 3,4 is 2,5x) and same for 00:05:717 (5,6,7,8) - , which is https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788117 yeah so mentally I group these sounds into groups of 4. the first 4 are a bit softer and lower pitched, with the 4th note accented thus warranting smaller spacing from the similarly designed following group of 4 notes which is higher pitched and high volumed.

00:11:342 (4,5,6) - This part could have that ascending spacing feel too. I would rather go with a more structured design here because it feels like the song is slowing down out of the intro so i just made them clear 1/2 gaps. plus it would be pretty ambiguous the gap if I gradually spaced these imo

00:25:717 - I'd map something here. refer to my suggestion on 01:59:051 - xd I know why you suggested this. What you should notice different from the intro to this section starting at roughly 14 seconds is that I'm not longer focusing on the piano, in fact I'm for the most part excluding it to solely follow the rhythm of the vocalist. This rhythm choice was based on circle size mostly seeing that you have to be much more careful when trying to click a note in cs 7 so there is a lot more room for meaning behind more open variably spaced rhythms. The reason I'm going to leave the piano out is because it would distract from this rhythm ideal I've held for this section, and will hold for sections similar to this.

00:27:384 (1,2,4) - visual equality maybe? It'll make the pattern look cleaner overall, even if you don't see the notes at the same time (Look at green circles) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788131
^ I mention these types of things, because there aren't many notes in the song, so every visual concept counts here to make a good looking map. I understand what you want, but I would argue the underlying premise you are looking for already exists, I am just choosing to recognize 3,4 is much stronger so they have their own visual distance in regards to slider 2.

00:33:842 (6,1,2) - I feel like this would flow a liittle better. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788138 the movement you suggested would take away from the motion I'm looking for from slider 1, especially because players tend to play sliders based on the next object.

00:36:759 (5,6,1) - Yum reading :* <3 its much easier to read than you probably are thinking :p

00:50:509 (10,1) - This messed me up so hard while playing, because the downbeat is also representing something strong. I'd either do 3 single taps or make a reverse instead here to simplify the rhythm a bit. correct me if I'm mistaken, but you are trying to argue the slider end being on the downbeat is bad because there is a strong note there? In case of answering with a rankable response, I'm mapping to the vocals, like I said prior, and this slider end + stopping motion is in effect to compliment this downbeat.

01:46:759 (1,1) - The tilt here is kinda weird compared to the almost perfectly horizontal slider xd It looks better on 02:00:092 (5,1) - it looks fine to me.

01:59:051 - i'd add in 4 single taps here to follow the piano: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788217 this or a zig-zag could be pretty good i think I find it weird that it's left out since you didn't do anything on I'm sure you read my response prior, but I would literally just copy and paste it here

02:13:842 (8) - The DS is a little inconsistent with the 2x you went for earlier (it's 1,7 from 02:13:217 (7) - ) it looks almost identical? unless you mean 8-> 1 then I have to say its because emphasis? lol

02:14:676 (2) - I'd also make this 2x you should link or type the gap you are referring to because sometimes its hard to tell if you mean before or after, but I'm going to assume you mean after. Its less about the specific DS and more about the overlapping.

02:18:842 (4,5) - maybe make 5 a copy of 4? xd it looks fine to me. there are a lot of things in this map like this where i just free handed it instead of copying the slider shape. "its part of the aesthetic 8-) "

02:23:842 (11,1) - I'm mixed, but I won't mention a suggestion 'cause it's obvious that it's intentional xd (Reason being is 'cause you follow downbeats pretty closely most of the time) I follow vocals primarily, I use certain drum sounds as filler rhythm to hold the ideas I want together.

02:36:967 (6) - I'd space this a little more due to the hitsound to use here (maybe NC, but doesn't matter) the reduced speed from the previous note is what I was looking for.

02:37:072 (1) - The recovery is low, so if 02:39:467 (1,1) - was a little closer to the middle, that would be quite helpful for having a stable aim getting into the more spacing parts in the chorus :) recovery time is a full beat at roughly 160 bpm, since this is more of an insane diff it doesn't matter, plus I haven't seen someone sliderbreak or miss here because of the recovery time.

03:19:259 (5,6) - Maybe switch rhythm here or make a reverse since the drum is strong on 03:19:259 - only for those 3 1/4 beats? xd I have so many strong beats on slider ends, I don't think just changing this one part would be of any use because of this.

03:21:342 (2,4,5) - Is visually off by a bit (Yup, I didn't send a blanket, are you proud ma!!) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788275 ???

03:57:592 (2,3,4) - visually off by a bit like before (I moved slider ends a little bit) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788295 I'm not at all following what the suggestion or issue here is. same with the immediately previous timestamp.

04:02:384 (2) - lul xd

04:09:051 (2) - I'd make this slider somewhat similar to 4:02 I wouldn't.

04:10:717 (1,2) - Why are these normal xd I mean simple curves are simple curves, they don't have to be bezier

04:15:717 (2) - especially this one should be an odd shape, since we're on a # note musically, which is jarring/gimmicky in the song itself its pitch doesn't justify or invalidate its shape. these are all just about random ass shapes

04:20:092 (7) - NC for visuals? (you do low BPM sliders to NC'ed notes quite often) This slider doesn't have an SV change so I didn't make it NC

04:39:329 (1,2) - switch NC, 'cause it's deceiving on the 1/3 tick currently. (Either that, or make it obvious that the 2nd note is on the white tick.) I don't know what you mean by deceiving. I Nc because this pattern is 1/6 to help with reading.

05:05:162 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - I would completely revert the way the 1/3's play here, 'cause there's emphasis on the (2) and (5) in both of these. NC patterning could technically also be different, laying focus on (2) and (5) for NC'ing, but that's not as important. I did a suggestion where I applied both of these + the spacing changes from earlier: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7788374 (even for me my suggestion is jarring to look at, so you can probably come up with something that is way better than this lol) I'm keeping my 1/6 the same because I don't find the issue you seem to have with this. Also just because something could be different doesn't mean I will think it should be different within the context of the map.

05:18:634 (6,8,10) - Did you do this earlier in the song? I don't think you did xd Then again, it fits with the slider shape so Idk lol :3 there isn't such a drum involved phrase like this one for me to be able to do this
Pretty fancy map, I wish you lots of luck on it! :) Just poke me if you have questions regarding the mod later :D


thanks for the mod duderoni pizza

For the tl;dr, the only changes I accept and can change immediately are the unsnapped kiai. other changes to hitsounds will come.
Please sign in to reply.