Hello mod from my queue~ heyoThanks for your modWaterfall of Nine HeavensGood luck!
- smh I think older Demetori was better but maybe that's just me FeelsBadMan Different.
- AiMod complaining about epilepsy warning but I don't think it was that epileptic. But again, I don't have epilepsy so someone having that might have problems with it. Can't hurt to add the warning I guess There are some quick white flashes so I can get why it added the warning. And yeah can't hurt to have it, better be safe than sorry
- 00:25:532 (3) - would make more sense imo and look better if this was stacked to the same as 00:24:365 (2,4,1) - compare to 00:28:032 (3) - for example where it makes more sense the other way (the way it currently is) It does look better like you mentionned at 00:35:865 (1) - here, so yeah why not
- 00:29:032 (3,1) - couldn't these be located in the middle of 00:29:698 (2) - for that matter I would also NC 00:29:698 (2) - instead of 00:29:365 (1) - since that's where the emphasis is and also the white tick for that matter Because of your point at 00:39:698 (3,1) - you gave me a genius idea; making them consistent! So I made them consistent with the second one. No NC chance because I think it is better to highlight the pattern as a whole.
- 00:35:865 (1,2,3) - here this makes more sense than earlier, since 00:36:032 (2) - is placed differently. Maybe have the same way in both?
- 00:39:698 (3,1) - last time these were stacked? Nevertheless these could also be located to the middle of 00:40:365 (2) -
- 01:13:032 (1,2,3,4,1) - there have been few where I already kinda wanted to comment, but like, this is more spacing for 1/4 than you have for 1/2 secs ago lol. Due sliders it's not that bad to play, but still making unnecessary strain for kinda no reason Unnecessary? It's a buildup toward the chorus. It also plays fine since there are sliders to support them.They aren't much different than 1/2s.
- 01:18:032 (2) - 01:19:032 (6) - I guess in music like this we can argue all we want about NCs but nevertheless I think NCing these instead of the current ones would make more sense 01:19:032 (1) - Was a mistake, so that's fixed. As for 01:18:032 (2) - I see no valid reason to NC this and not 01:17:865 (1) - instead.
- 01:45:365 (1) - since you this time decided to put it in the middle, if you wanna nazi, it's not exactly in the middle atm I did nazi this coming.
- This one also doesn't have the NC at 02:42:698 (4) - Fixed.
- 02:58:365 (1,2,3,4) - even if you want to have this kind of patterning here, it would make no sense to then have the following 02:58:698 (5,6,7,8) - have like 0 spacing when the sounds are basically the same Sorry but a snare + high tom is not the same as two mid toms. That said, I changed the spacing of 02:58:532 (3,4) - those two circles to lead into the compressed stream better. The first part of this pattern is more spaced to emphasize the drum roll, then into a compressed stream because the drums are going down, also to reduce the spacing to a minimum before jumping into the next part.
- 02:59:532 (6,5,5) - if patterned and emphasised like this, NC these instead of the circles. Same drill with 03:02:198 (3,3,3) - Mhhh it probably makes more sense that way, so okay.
- 03:41:032 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - not really recommendable especially after 1/3 kickslider. It makes player think 03:41:032 (1,2,3) - is 1/3 as well. There is really not that much reason to not do this 4+4 anyways since even tho you have emphasised this differently, that's what the guitar essentially does None of the players who fit the target audience of this map have misread that stream so far. Because of how I mapped 03:39:365 (1,2,3,4) - the previous 1/3s, and how the stream is spaced, it is obvious enough it's a 1/4 stream and not 1/3. Also, I am fairly sure that the guitar's accent is on 03:41:282 (1) - this note.
- 04:13:365 (5) - NC (similarly as in 04:07:032 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for the jumpstream for example) That one stream had spacing change within it, so the NCing is here to make it a bit easier to read. Otherwise the other stream is fine as it is, I don't think a NC is needed.
- 03:51:698 (4) - perhaps NC ok
hi (: heyoThanks for you mod. As Alheak said, focus on the basic things like consistency and rhythm first, the rest will come with experience as you mod more and more.
so i'm NM-ing on my own accord since i like this song a lOT o thanks!
also note that since i'm a beginner mapper, i'll only highlight things which stand out to me as a player, and less of the technical mapping stuffWaterfall of Nine Heavens
- 00:27:282 (2) - i think this is too far away from the sliderend of 00:26:865 (1)? for the others you didnt place it that far (see 00:22:949 (4) - 00:32:615 (2) - 00:33:615 (4) - etc) That is because 00:32:198 (1,2,3) - = 00:21:532 (1,2,3) - , 00:22:699 (3,4,1) - = 00:33:365 (3,4,1) - , so 00:26:865 (1,2,3) - = 00:37:532 (1,2,3) - , all these patterns are consistent with one another, like pairs.
- 01:05:032 (4) - 01:07:698 (4) - NC these? it's a 1/1 beat compared to the previous 1/2 beats (these too 04:14:032 (3) - 04:16:699 (3) - ) No because it's a pattern as a whole. You don't need to NC to every rhythm changes.
- 01:08:198 (1,2) - there's nothing going on at 2. similarly, it's mapped differently from 01:05:532 (1,2). i'd say keep the latter one and change the former? How can you not hear the guitar here o_o
- 01:09:198 (1,2) - NC at 2 and not 1. while you're at it you may also wanna get rid of the NC on 01:09:699 (1) Again, the NCing is mainly focusing the patterns. So no change here.
- 02:03:532 (5,6) - going by the music, i'd map this as a 1/1 slider then a circle instead of 2 1/2 sliders ...but there are 4 guitar notes lol
- 02:16:198 (5,6,7) - nothing going on in the music that deems this necessary This one is fair, there are ghost snare notes played on both blue ticks here. It's arguable wether or not it's the best thing to do here, but it seems to fit in my opinion.
- 02:19:032 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - i like this part a lot thanks!
- 02:58:365 (1,2,3,4) - nerf this lol Why? I understand you're a beginner mapper and modder, and one thing that you should ALWAYS keep in mind when modding, is to ALWAYS explain your intention. I am not in your mind and I can't be, so if you don't explain why I should change a pattern that I put a lot of thought into, then I am not going to change it on a whim. I'd need a strong valid reason for that.
- 03:00:032 (5,1,2,3,4) - spacing from 5 to 1 is larger compared to the ones before and after Yes it is, and it's also intended. It is to emphasize the snare + guitar accent.
- 03:41:032 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - confusing gameplay-wise, if you really want to keep this maybe fix the NC in case players think 1,2,3 are 1/3 beats See previous reponse to this part: "None of the players who fit the target audience of this map have misread that stream so far. Because of how I mapped 03:39:365 (1,2,3,4) - the previous 1/3s, and how the stream is spaced, it is obvious enough it's a 1/4 stream and not 1/3. Also, I am fairly sure that the guitar's accent is on 03:41:282 (1) - this note." The NC is here because the spacing changes from that point onward.
- 03:45:032 (1) - this 1.5 sv is kinda unexpected but can be justifiable by the music i guess It really isn't hard to play at all. It still follows the expected movement.
- 04:17:032 (4,5,1,2,3) - from the small spacing between 4 and 5 to the large spacing between 1,2,3: it's kinda counter-intuitive as 4,5 are 1/1 beats but 1,2,3 are 1/4 04:16:365 (1,2) - Given how there is this jump here, it shouldn't be expected to see the same exact spacing afterward. It isn't confusing that the 1/4s are this spaced because 1) Spaced 1/4s are used throughout the map and 2) it would be confusing IF the 1/4s were less spaced given the stacke 1/1s just before.
- 04:18:532 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - you're following the drums, then the guitar.. may be hard to follow, you can keep it though if you want Well.. Yeah. Drum roll = I map the drum roll, then the roll finishes and we switch onto the guitar, with a transition made easier by the 1/4 sliders at 04:19:032 (1,2) - .
- 04:21:698 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - man i love this ~
- 04:27:198 (1,2) - remove NC on 1, NC on 2 instead Why? It is consistent with other choruses.
- 04:56:365 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - may wanna reduce the spacing, but otherwise i love it
andd there you go i love your take on this song; it was fun playing it (until i failed at the streamy parts xd)
also, note that this is my first mod so it may contain A LOT of errors in terms of technicalities but hopefully i helped you one way or another
Also pay more attention to what's going on in a song. You mentionned a lot of things that you couldn't hear but are very well there.