1. osu!community
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lundi 6 mars 2017 at 23:57:31

Artist: Demetori
Title: Fall of Fall ~ The Door Into Summer
Source: 東方風神録 ~ Mountain of Faith.
Tags: C91 Lebenstrieb & Todestrieb Heavy Metal Guitar Drums Inubashiri Momiji Touhou Project Fuujinroku Akimeku Taki Autumnal ZUN woof alheak
BPM: 165
Filesize: 16740kb
Play Time: 05:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Waterfall of Nine Heavens (5,93 stars, 1437 notes)


Download: Demetori - Fall of Fall ~ The Door Into Summer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
☆DE★ME☆TO★RI☆

 
 
 
 
Collab with Alheak
posted
hi
posted
is it rank yet.
posted
wow great map, such good mapper
posted
Hello mod from my queue~
Waterfall of Nine Heavens
  1. smh I think older Demetori was better but maybe that's just me FeelsBadMan
  2. AiMod complaining about epilepsy warning but I don't think it was that epileptic. But again, I don't have epilepsy so someone having that might have problems with it. Can't hurt to add the warning I guess
  3. 00:25:532 (3) - would make more sense imo and look better if this was stacked to the same as 00:24:365 (2,4,1) - compare to 00:28:032 (3) - for example where it makes more sense the other way (the way it currently is)
  4. 00:29:032 (3,1) - couldn't these be located in the middle of 00:29:698 (2) - for that matter I would also NC 00:29:698 (2) - instead of 00:29:365 (1) - since that's where the emphasis is and also the white tick for that matter
  5. 00:35:865 (1,2,3) - here this makes more sense than earlier, since 00:36:032 (2) - is placed differently. Maybe have the same way in both?
  6. 00:39:698 (3,1) - last time these were stacked? Nevertheless these could also be located to the middle of 00:40:365 (2) -
  7. 01:00:698 (2,3,4,5,6) - 00:50:032 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - is there some reason these patterns are made to flow so differently when the music is about the same
  8. 01:03:698 (4) - not really necessary, but NCing would make it more organized. Also I don't really think the music warrants smth like 01:04:032 (1,2,3,4,1) - there isn't particularly strong emphasis on groups of 2 to make this kind of stuff, it's more like normal 1/4. Same for 01:06:698 (1,2,3,4,1) - the way these patterns play just isn't that relevant to the music imo
  9. 01:13:032 (1,2,3,4,1) - there have been few where I already kinda wanted to comment, but like, this is more spacing for 1/4 than you have for 1/2 secs ago lol. Due sliders it's not that bad to play, but still making unnecessary strain for kinda no reason
  10. 01:18:032 (2) - 01:19:032 (6) - I guess in music like this we can argue all we want about NCs but nevertheless I think NCing these instead of the current ones would make more sense
  11. 01:26:698 (1,2,3,4,1) - the drum sounds are more like getting quieter from the kicksliders, so stream this spaced doesn't really express the music too well
  12. 01:45:365 (1) - since you this time decided to put it in the middle, if you wanna nazi, it's not exactly in the middle atm
  13. 02:27:032 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't think this is necessary either compared to the music, could just line up 02:27:698 (5) - to the end of the stream. Alternatively atleast NC it to indicate the change. Similar at 02:30:698 (5) - but NC recommended just anyways cuz the sliders are different from usual.
  14. 02:31:615 (2,3) - last time this similar place was mapped as 01:14:615 (4,1) - lol
  15. 02:42:698 (4,5,6,7,1) - same drill as last chorus. This one also doesn't have the NC at 02:42:698 (4) -
  16. 02:58:365 (1,2,3,4) - even if you want to have this kind of patterning here, it would make no sense to then have the following 02:58:698 (5,6,7,8) - have like 0 spacing when the sounds are basically the same
  17. 02:59:532 (6,5,5) - if patterned and emphasised like this, NC these instead of the circles. Same drill with 03:02:198 (3,3,3) -
  18. 03:41:032 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - not really recommendable especially after 1/3 kickslider. It makes player think 03:41:032 (1,2,3) - is 1/3 as well. There is really not that much reason to not do this 4+4 anyways since even tho you have emphasised this differently, that's what the guitar essentially does
  19. 03:51:698 (4) - perhaps NC
  20. 03:52:198 - I don't think the highly spaced triples in this section are necessary, but it's true that the guitar is doing smth new and interesting so I guess it's okay. However, the way you change how you map the similar sounds during the section makes it play inconsistently. Like, there's some of those sounds not mapped, some are with those spaced triples, some are with kicksliders, some with spaced triple into slider and all that. When every spaced triple then has the spacing that's almost like 1/2 that's used in that section, it gets quickly blurry
  21. 04:13:365 (5) - NC (similarly as in 04:07:032 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for the jumpstream for example)
  22. last section again having a lot of similar spacing between 1/2 and 1/4. I guess you could call that progression, but for example compared to the similar part in the beginning of the song, it was pretty different lol
  23. There was a lot of stuff I wanted to say, but since most of things were done somewhat constantly regardless if I agreed with it or not, I didn't mention 'em. Instead I tried here to pick our things that would make the patterns more organized and make it more rational for the player to play (read = lots of NCs for example lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Good luck!
posted
hi (:
so i'm NM-ing on my own accord since i like this song a lOT
also note that since i'm a beginner mapper, i'll only highlight things which stand out to me as a player, and less of the technical mapping stuff
Waterfall of Nine Heavens
  1. 00:27:282 (2) - i think this is too far away from the sliderend of 00:26:865 (1)? for the others you didnt place it that far (see 00:22:949 (4) - 00:32:615 (2) - 00:33:615 (4) - etc)
  2. 01:00:698 (2,3,4,5) - playing this slider feels weird.. they are repeating the same sounds after all. the rhythm guitar plays differently, yes, but it sorta makes gameplay weird. also the same 4 notes 00:50:032 (2,3,4,5) repeat themselves previously too, but there's no slider (ahh ok it's the same thing here 02:40:198 (6,1).. maybe you can ctrl+shift+f the slider?)
  3. 01:05:032 (4) - 01:07:698 (4) - NC these? it's a 1/1 beat compared to the previous 1/2 beats (these too 04:14:032 (3) - 04:16:699 (3) - )
  4. 01:08:198 (1,2) - there's nothing going on at 2. similarly, it's mapped differently from 01:05:532 (1,2). i'd say keep the latter one and change the former?
  5. 01:09:198 (1,2) - NC at 2 and not 1. while you're at it you may also wanna get rid of the NC on 01:09:699 (1)
  6. 01:24:198 (6,1) - i'd say move 1 closer to the sliderend? since it's only 1/4
  7. 01:26:698 (1,2,3,4,1) - get rid of 1 and 2, since there's nothing going on in the music that justifies them (02:42:698 (4,5,6,7,1) - here too)
  8. 02:03:532 (5,6) - going by the music, i'd map this as a 1/1 slider then a circle instead of 2 1/2 sliders
  9. 02:16:198 (5,6,7) - nothing going on in the music that deems this necessary
  10. 02:19:032 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - i like this part a lot :)
  11. 02:27:448 (2,3,4) - nothing going on at 2, maybe move 3,4 closer to the next slider and get rid of 2
  12. 02:29:365 (4,5,1,2) - maybe move 1 closer to 5 and let 2 stand alone? it's a 1/4 beat after all (ahhh ok i see it now 02:31:198 (1,2,3,4) it's intended isn't it.. in that case maybe make the 2 in 02:29:365 (4,5,1,2) further from 1? it's slightly confusing gameplay-wise)
  13. 02:58:365 (1,2,3,4) - nerf this lol
  14. 03:00:032 (5,1,2,3,4) - spacing from 5 to 1 is larger compared to the ones before and after
  15. 03:41:032 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - confusing gameplay-wise, if you really want to keep this maybe fix the NC in case players think 1,2,3 are 1/3 beats
  16. 03:45:032 (1) - this 1.5 sv is kinda unexpected but can be justifiable by the music i guess
  17. 03:53:532 (1,2) - 03:56:198 (1,2) - 03:58:865 (1,2) - similar parts, different spacing. tbh i like how you mapped this section, but maybe make the 3 sections more similar in terms of pattern? especially the 3rd part
  18. 04:08:198 (1,2,3) - looks nice, but they're basically the drums doing the same thing, no need for this spacing perhaps
  19. 04:17:032 (4,5,1,2,3) - from the small spacing between 4 and 5 to the large spacing between 1,2,3: it's kinda counter-intuitive as 4,5 are 1/1 beats but 1,2,3 are 1/4
  20. 04:18:532 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - you're following the drums, then the guitar.. may be hard to follow, you can keep it though if you want
  21. 04:21:698 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - man i love this
  22. 04:27:198 (1,2) - remove NC on 1, NC on 2 instead
  23. rest of the kiai has similar issues as previously
  24. 04:56:365 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - may wanna reduce the spacing, but otherwise i love it
andd there you go :) i love your take on this song; it was fun playing it (until i failed at the streamy parts xd)
also, note that this is my first mod so it may contain A LOT of errors in terms of technicalities but hopefully i helped you one way or another :D
posted

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod from my queue~ hello
Waterfall of Nine Heavens
  1. smh I think older Demetori was better but maybe that's just me FeelsBadMan ye i miss the chiller tracks, but the new ones aren't bad
  2. AiMod complaining about epilepsy warning but I don't think it was that epileptic. But again, I don't have epilepsy so someone having that might have problems with it. Can't hurt to add the warning I guess ye idk why its not on
  3. 01:00:698 (2,3,4,5,6) - 00:50:032 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - is there some reason these patterns are made to flow so differently when the music is about the same indeed, changed
  4. 01:03:698 (4) - not really necessary, but NCing would make it more organized. will look into that
    Also I don't really think the music warrants smth like 01:04:032 (1,2,3,4,1) - there isn't particularly strong emphasis on groups of 2 to make this kind of stuff, it's more like normal 1/4. Same for 01:06:698 (1,2,3,4,1) - the way these patterns play just isn't that relevant to the music imo those are more about the way they play, they give a "contracted" feel as the drums go lower in tone
  5. 01:18:032 (2) - 01:19:032 (6) - I guess in music like this we can argue all we want about NCs but nevertheless I think NCing these instead of the current ones would make more sense will into that as well, actually for every other NC mod there might be, so I won't respond to those anymore
  6. 01:26:698 (1,2,3,4,1) - the drum sounds are more like getting quieter from the kicksliders, so stream this spaced doesn't really express the music too well they're going lower in tone, but they're not quieter
  7. 02:27:032 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't think this is necessary either compared to the music, could just line up 02:27:698 (5) - to the end of the stream. this accentuates the rather intense beat here so I'd prefer keeping it spaced like thatAlternatively atleast NC it to indicate the change. Similar at 02:30:698 (5) - but NC recommended just anyways cuz the sliders are different from usual.
  8. 02:31:615 (2,3) - last time this similar place was mapped as 01:14:615 (4,1) - lol collab things (v:^), the whole parts aren't really similar
  9. 02:42:698 (4,5,6,7,1) - same drill as last chorus. This one also doesn't have the NC at 02:42:698 (4) -
  10. 03:52:198 - I don't think the highly spaced triples in this section are necessary, but it's true that the guitar is doing smth new and interesting so I guess it's okay. However, the way you change how you map the similar sounds during the section makes it play inconsistently. Like, there's some of those sounds not mapped, some are with those spaced triples, some are with kicksliders, some with spaced triple into slider and all that. When every spaced triple then has the spacing that's almost like 1/2 that's used in that section, it gets quickly blurry it's not consistent because while they play great, there are some conditions necessary for those spaced 1/4 to work, and where they couldn't, I did kick sliders instead
  11. 04:13:365 (5) - NC (similarly as in 04:07:032 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for the jumpstream for example)
  12. last section again having a lot of similar spacing between 1/2 and 1/4. I guess you could call that progression, but for example compared to the similar part in the beginning of the song, it was pretty different lol
  13. There was a lot of stuff I wanted to say, but since most of things were done somewhat constantly regardless if I agreed with it or not, I didn't mention 'em. Instead I tried here to pick our things that would make the patterns more organized and make it more rational for the player to play (read = lots of NCs for example lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) yeah i understand that, since this is a collab, not all parts are consistent with each other but the parts should be consistent within themselves
Good luck!
Thank you!

-LynX- wrote:

hi (: hey
so i'm NM-ing on my own accord since i like this song a lOT
also note that since i'm a beginner mapper, i'll only highlight things which stand out to me as a player, and less of the technical mapping stuff
Waterfall of Nine Heavens
  1. 01:00:698 (2,3,4,5) - playing this slider feels weird.. they are repeating the same sounds after all. the rhythm guitar plays differently, yes, but it sorta makes gameplay weird. also the same 4 notes 00:50:032 (2,3,4,5) repeat themselves previously too, but there's no slider (ahh ok it's the same thing here 02:40:198 (6,1).. maybe you can ctrl+shift+f the slider?) fixed
  2. 01:24:198 (6,1) - i'd say move 1 closer to the sliderend? since it's only 1/4 no because it's supposed to play like a normal 1/2 circle, ztrot will make a video about this soon
  3. 01:26:698 (1,2,3,4,1) - get rid of 1 and 2, since there's nothing going on in the music that justifies them (02:42:698 (4,5,6,7,1) - here too) well yes there are drum beats here
  4. 02:27:448 (2,3,4) - nothing going on at 2, maybe move 3,4 closer to the next slider and get rid of 2 drums again
  5. 02:29:365 (4,5,1,2) - maybe move 1 closer to 5 and let 2 stand alone? it's a 1/4 beat after all (ahhh ok i see it now 02:31:198 (1,2,3,4) it's intended isn't it.. in that case maybe make the 2 in 02:29:365 (4,5,1,2) further from 1? it's slightly confusing gameplay-wise) yes it's to accentuate, it should be easy to play if read correctly
  6. 03:53:532 (1,2) - 03:56:198 (1,2) - 03:58:865 (1,2) - similar parts, different spacing. tbh i like how you mapped this section, but maybe make the 3 sections more similar in terms of pattern? especially the 3rd part fixed
  7. 04:08:198 (1,2,3) - looks nice, but they're basically the drums doing the same thing, no need for this spacing perhaps i like my 1/4 tricks for emphasis :3
  8. 04:56:365 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - may wanna reduce the spacing, but otherwise i love it the spacing's jsut fine really, some patterns take a while to get used to but everything's calculated
andd there you go :) i love your take on this song; it was fun playing it (until i failed at the streamy parts xd)
also, note that this is my first mod so it may contain A LOT of errors in terms of technicalities but hopefully i helped you one way or another :D
Thanks, that wasn't too bad for a first mod. Focus more on objective flaws like consistency, rhythm etc, the rest should come with practice

update
posted

TheKingHenry wrote:

Hello mod from my queue~ heyo
Waterfall of Nine Heavens
  1. smh I think older Demetori was better but maybe that's just me FeelsBadMan Different.
  2. AiMod complaining about epilepsy warning but I don't think it was that epileptic. But again, I don't have epilepsy so someone having that might have problems with it. Can't hurt to add the warning I guess There are some quick white flashes so I can get why it added the warning. And yeah can't hurt to have it, better be safe than sorry
  3. 00:25:532 (3) - would make more sense imo and look better if this was stacked to the same as 00:24:365 (2,4,1) - compare to 00:28:032 (3) - for example where it makes more sense the other way (the way it currently is) It does look better like you mentionned at 00:35:865 (1) - here, so yeah why not
  4. 00:29:032 (3,1) - couldn't these be located in the middle of 00:29:698 (2) - for that matter I would also NC 00:29:698 (2) - instead of 00:29:365 (1) - since that's where the emphasis is and also the white tick for that matter Because of your point at 00:39:698 (3,1) - you gave me a genius idea; making them consistent! So I made them consistent with the second one. No NC chance because I think it is better to highlight the pattern as a whole.
  5. 00:35:865 (1,2,3) - here this makes more sense than earlier, since 00:36:032 (2) - is placed differently. Maybe have the same way in both?
  6. 00:39:698 (3,1) - last time these were stacked? Nevertheless these could also be located to the middle of 00:40:365 (2) -
  7. 01:13:032 (1,2,3,4,1) - there have been few where I already kinda wanted to comment, but like, this is more spacing for 1/4 than you have for 1/2 secs ago lol. Due sliders it's not that bad to play, but still making unnecessary strain for kinda no reason Unnecessary? It's a buildup toward the chorus. It also plays fine since there are sliders to support them.They aren't much different than 1/2s.
  8. 01:18:032 (2) - 01:19:032 (6) - I guess in music like this we can argue all we want about NCs but nevertheless I think NCing these instead of the current ones would make more sense 01:19:032 (1) - Was a mistake, so that's fixed. As for 01:18:032 (2) - I see no valid reason to NC this and not 01:17:865 (1) - instead.
  9. 01:45:365 (1) - since you this time decided to put it in the middle, if you wanna nazi, it's not exactly in the middle atm I did nazi this coming.
  10. This one also doesn't have the NC at 02:42:698 (4) - Fixed.
  11. 02:58:365 (1,2,3,4) - even if you want to have this kind of patterning here, it would make no sense to then have the following 02:58:698 (5,6,7,8) - have like 0 spacing when the sounds are basically the same Sorry but a snare + high tom is not the same as two mid toms. That said, I changed the spacing of 02:58:532 (3,4) - those two circles to lead into the compressed stream better. The first part of this pattern is more spaced to emphasize the drum roll, then into a compressed stream because the drums are going down, also to reduce the spacing to a minimum before jumping into the next part.
  12. 02:59:532 (6,5,5) - if patterned and emphasised like this, NC these instead of the circles. Same drill with 03:02:198 (3,3,3) - Mhhh it probably makes more sense that way, so okay.
  13. 03:41:032 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - not really recommendable especially after 1/3 kickslider. It makes player think 03:41:032 (1,2,3) - is 1/3 as well. There is really not that much reason to not do this 4+4 anyways since even tho you have emphasised this differently, that's what the guitar essentially does None of the players who fit the target audience of this map have misread that stream so far. Because of how I mapped 03:39:365 (1,2,3,4) - the previous 1/3s, and how the stream is spaced, it is obvious enough it's a 1/4 stream and not 1/3. Also, I am fairly sure that the guitar's accent is on 03:41:282 (1) - this note.
  14. 04:13:365 (5) - NC (similarly as in 04:07:032 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for the jumpstream for example) That one stream had spacing change within it, so the NCing is here to make it a bit easier to read. Otherwise the other stream is fine as it is, I don't think a NC is needed.
  15. 03:51:698 (4) - perhaps NC ok
Good luck!
Thanks for your mod


-LynX- wrote:

hi (: heyo
so i'm NM-ing on my own accord since i like this song a lOT o thanks!
also note that since i'm a beginner mapper, i'll only highlight things which stand out to me as a player, and less of the technical mapping stuff
Waterfall of Nine Heavens
  1. 00:27:282 (2) - i think this is too far away from the sliderend of 00:26:865 (1)? for the others you didnt place it that far (see 00:22:949 (4) - 00:32:615 (2) - 00:33:615 (4) - etc) That is because 00:32:198 (1,2,3) - = 00:21:532 (1,2,3) - , 00:22:699 (3,4,1) - = 00:33:365 (3,4,1) - , so 00:26:865 (1,2,3) - = 00:37:532 (1,2,3) - , all these patterns are consistent with one another, like pairs.
  2. 01:05:032 (4) - 01:07:698 (4) - NC these? it's a 1/1 beat compared to the previous 1/2 beats (these too 04:14:032 (3) - 04:16:699 (3) - ) No because it's a pattern as a whole. You don't need to NC to every rhythm changes.
  3. 01:08:198 (1,2) - there's nothing going on at 2. similarly, it's mapped differently from 01:05:532 (1,2). i'd say keep the latter one and change the former? How can you not hear the guitar here o_o
  4. 01:09:198 (1,2) - NC at 2 and not 1. while you're at it you may also wanna get rid of the NC on 01:09:699 (1) Again, the NCing is mainly focusing the patterns. So no change here.
  5. 02:03:532 (5,6) - going by the music, i'd map this as a 1/1 slider then a circle instead of 2 1/2 sliders ...but there are 4 guitar notes lol
  6. 02:16:198 (5,6,7) - nothing going on in the music that deems this necessary This one is fair, there are ghost snare notes played on both blue ticks here. It's arguable wether or not it's the best thing to do here, but it seems to fit in my opinion.
  7. 02:19:032 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - i like this part a lot :)thanks!
  8. 02:58:365 (1,2,3,4) - nerf this lol Why? I understand you're a beginner mapper and modder, and one thing that you should ALWAYS keep in mind when modding, is to ALWAYS explain your intention. I am not in your mind and I can't be, so if you don't explain why I should change a pattern that I put a lot of thought into, then I am not going to change it on a whim. I'd need a strong valid reason for that.
  9. 03:00:032 (5,1,2,3,4) - spacing from 5 to 1 is larger compared to the ones before and after Yes it is, and it's also intended. It is to emphasize the snare + guitar accent.
  10. 03:41:032 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - confusing gameplay-wise, if you really want to keep this maybe fix the NC in case players think 1,2,3 are 1/3 beats See previous reponse to this part: "None of the players who fit the target audience of this map have misread that stream so far. Because of how I mapped 03:39:365 (1,2,3,4) - the previous 1/3s, and how the stream is spaced, it is obvious enough it's a 1/4 stream and not 1/3. Also, I am fairly sure that the guitar's accent is on 03:41:282 (1) - this note." The NC is here because the spacing changes from that point onward.
  11. 03:45:032 (1) - this 1.5 sv is kinda unexpected but can be justifiable by the music i guess It really isn't hard to play at all. It still follows the expected movement.
  12. 04:17:032 (4,5,1,2,3) - from the small spacing between 4 and 5 to the large spacing between 1,2,3: it's kinda counter-intuitive as 4,5 are 1/1 beats but 1,2,3 are 1/4 04:16:365 (1,2) - Given how there is this jump here, it shouldn't be expected to see the same exact spacing afterward. It isn't confusing that the 1/4s are this spaced because 1) Spaced 1/4s are used throughout the map and 2) it would be confusing IF the 1/4s were less spaced given the stacke 1/1s just before.
  13. 04:18:532 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - you're following the drums, then the guitar.. may be hard to follow, you can keep it though if you want Well.. Yeah. Drum roll = I map the drum roll, then the roll finishes and we switch onto the guitar, with a transition made easier by the 1/4 sliders at 04:19:032 (1,2) - .
  14. 04:21:698 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - man i love this ~
  15. 04:27:198 (1,2) - remove NC on 1, NC on 2 instead Why? It is consistent with other choruses.
  16. 04:56:365 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - may wanna reduce the spacing, but otherwise i love it
andd there you go :) i love your take on this song; it was fun playing it (until i failed at the streamy parts xd)
also, note that this is my first mod so it may contain A LOT of errors in terms of technicalities but hopefully i helped you one way or another :D
Thanks for you mod. As Alheak said, focus on the basic things like consistency and rhythm first, the rest will come with experience as you mod more and more.
Also pay more attention to what's going on in a song. You mentionned a lot of things that you couldn't hear but are very well there.
posted
Hi from my modding queue https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/554467&start=0
Note: I modded this in the span of 2 days and you applied 2 mods during this time. I don't think it affects anything tho.
Note: have fun reading blocks of texts

Waterfall of Nine Heavens

  • -The timing in the beginning is noticeably wrong. While 165bpm does follow the guitar solo somewhat accurately because of many timing sections, it fails to follow the faint (organ?) sound. Even if you are not mapping the organ sound. I believe 180bpm is the correct speed for this song.

    00:21:532 (1) - I believe that everything prior to this point was build up for this drop. In that case there is something wrong here. 00:20:365 (1,2,1,2) - The difficulty change here is significant to 00:19:712 (1,2) . I agree with this sudden difficulty spike because it follows the song intensity. However, the section afterwards fails to followup with the difficulty change. Since everything prior to this point was buildup, this section should have the same, if not higher difficulty than the buildup. An example would be: 00:23:032 (1,2,3,4,5) - I believe this pattern should be more spaced

    00:31:031 (3) - The guitar comes in with its wonky melody at THIS point, not 00:30:865 (1) . But the way you put NC and arranged your pattern makes it seem like it's at 00:30:865 (1) . I think you should move NC to 00:31:031 (3) and maybe stack 00:30:865 (1,2,3) to better distinguish the melody change.

    00:34:698 (1) - Just because sliders 1 and 2 look similar doesn’t make it okay to inconsistently put NC. I would argue that NC should be here 00:35:032 (2) . There are more inconsistency in your New Combos such as 00:35:865 (1,2,3) and 00:39:031 (5) , but pointing every single one of them out is a pain to do, I will leave that task to you. Generally NC is at the big white tick and whenever there is big difficulty spike.

    01:03:698 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - The drums are pretty much consistent, other than the fact that at 01:04:032 (1) the pitch drops. There is no clear reason for this sudden change in DS inconsistency in your stream. If you want to emphasize that the pitch drops at 01:04:032 (1) , try another pattern.

    01:05:532 (1,2) - Your slider-heads are on clap sounds and slider-ends are on guitar melody, I don't like this since the players aren't tapping to the melody. I believe clap sounds are secondary, and they can even be neglected (sometimes) to emphasize melody. Don't you feel something missing at 01:05:865 (2) , there is a cool guitar sound and the players aren't tapping on it. Basically, mapping to the rhythm is fine and all, as long as your map emphasizes the melody the most, if that makes sense.

    01:06:698 (1,2,3,4) - Same problem that I had with 01:03:698 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) .

    01:13:615 (4,1,2,3) and 01:14:615 (4,1,2,3) - follow similar rhythm, and you should move 01:14:615 (4,1) farther away from 01:14:198 (3) . Like how you spaced 01:13:365 (3,4,1) .

    Kiai Time: There isn’t a stable flow that my mouse can follow, so gameplay feels a little choppy. It isn’t very visually appealing either. Distance between objects doesn’t really follow the intensity of the song at certain times. I will point out a few of these problems.

    01:18:032 (2) - You’ve been using simple slider shapes like straight and curve, and this sudden change here doesn’t really make sense. The long guitar sound isn’t that intense to begin with, and you ended it on the wrong beat.

    01:21:032 (3,4,5) - I don’t see how 5 deserves such a big jump, and I don’t understand why 01:21:532 is not mapped. There is a clap sound at 5 yes, but every other 2 bars has one. 01:20:698 (2) has a clap, and 01:20:865 is mapped correct? Same rule applies here then. You can’t just add your own hitsounds to a map and map those hitsounds as if they were part of the song.

    01:26:365 (2,3,1,2,3,4,1) - You ignored the guitar here and focused the drums, but you focused the guitar here 01:24:865 (1,2,3,4) and ignored the drums. Pick which instrument to focus on and stick with it. Also this 01:26:698 (1,2,3,4,1) is too spaced, the drums are dropping in pitch, and is not intensifying, which means that this difficulty spike is contradicting the song.

    This next part is just copy pasted so im gonna skip~

    For this section 02:53:698 (1,2,3,4,5) can you use 2 combo colors? I know you're trying to make it look cool but it's really hard to play those 02:53:698 (1,2,3,4,5) when they stack. Maybe use white and a shade of grey to compliment the storyboard.

    I can't really pass the slider deathstream haha, rhythm kinda hard to follow but that's probably intended so not gonna say anything.

    03:28:615 (3) - Please don’t use 5% for any slider ends it’s confusing as fuck

    04:10:198 (2,1) - fix the parallel part please

    05:08:698 - this timing point is unnecessary. Not all songs end the last note on a big white tick anyways

And that's all! If you have questions about my mods don't hesitate to pm me on forum or in game. Good luck with your map
posted

Not Tomori wrote:

Hi from my modding queue https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/554467&start=0 hello
Note: I modded this in the span of 2 days and you applied 2 mods during this time. I don't think it affects anything tho.
Note: have fun reading blocks of texts

Waterfall of Nine Heavens

  • 01:03:698 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - The drums are pretty much consistent, other than the fact that at 01:04:032 (1) the pitch drops. There is no clear reason for this sudden change in DS inconsistency in your stream. If you want to emphasize that the pitch drops at 01:04:032 (1) , try another pattern. this doesn't really play like the stream is separated, it's more of a visual effect combined with the tightening of the DS that creates an effect which fits the rolling drums quite well

    Kiai Time: There isn’t a stable flow that my mouse can follow, so gameplay feels a little choppy. It isn’t very visually appealing either. Distance between objects doesn’t really follow the intensity of the song at certain times. I will point out a few of these problems.

    01:18:032 (2) - You’ve been using simple slider shapes like straight and curve, and this sudden change here doesn’t really make sense. The long guitar sound isn’t that intense to begin with, and you ended it on the wrong beat. i can't really do fancy shapes with shorter sliders because they always end up looking like turds, and even if the shape of this long one looks "too much", it doesn't really affect gameplay since there are no ticks on it and the path to take to clear the slider and reach the next circle is a completely straight line
    i'm not sure i follow what is this "wrong beat" tho


    01:21:032 (3,4,5) - I don’t see how 5 deserves such a big jump, and I don’t understand why 01:21:532 is not mapped. There is a clap sound at 5 yes, but every other 2 bars has one. 01:20:698 (2) has a clap, and 01:20:865 is mapped correct? Same rule applies here then. You can’t just add your own hitsounds to a map and map those hitsounds as if they were part of the song. this is mapped this way to create a continuity for the held note, however, once the circles are in the focus is switched to the drums, there's no reason to make it a slider, plus I wanted to add a stop before the guitar starts playing again to accentuate it
    i don't understand the part about adding hitsounds tho (and technically we could, it's not a rule)


    01:26:365 (2,3,1,2,3,4,1) - You ignored the guitar here and focused the drums, but you focused the guitar here 01:24:865 (1,2,3,4) and ignored the drums. Pick which instrument to focus on and stick with it. Also this 01:26:698 (1,2,3,4,1) is too spaced, the drums are dropping in pitch, and is not intensifying, which means that this difficulty spike is contradicting the song. well it's possible to focus on both, plus the kick sliders are here exactly to keep the active focus on the guitar, then switch to the drums with the stream
    the stream itself is constant because the drums are equally intense throughout, just dropping in pitch just like you said, and the stream's spaced this way to keep the momentum going from the previous build-up


    03:28:615 (3) - Please don’t use 5% for any slider ends it’s confusing as fuck but there's nothing there, you can’t just add your own hitsounds to a map and map those hitsounds as if they were part of the song

    04:10:198 (2,1) - fix the parallel part please yes

And that's all! If you have questions about my mods don't hesitate to pm me on forum or in game. Good luck with your map
Thank you!
posted

Not Tomori wrote:

Waterfall of Nine Heavens

  • -The timing in the beginning is noticeably wrong. While 165bpm does follow the guitar solo somewhat accurately because of many timing sections, it fails to follow the faint (organ?) sound. Even if you are not mapping the organ sound. I believe 180bpm is the correct speed for this song. What. So, you want me to use a wrongly snapped timing for the sake of a background instrument I don't even follow, instead of a correctly snapped timing for the instrument I do actually follow? What is this nonsense.
    So. Onto why I used this timing in the first place: Even though the guitar starts every groups of notes on a 180bpm grid, it is actually playing at a slower pace than 180bpm; so 165bpm. It isn't "somewhat accurately" as it is as precise as you can time a guitar, given how the distortions, reverbs and how, by the nature of the instrument itself, the innacuracies affects the timing. If you get a guitar-only track for ANY song played by a human, it does not matter how good the guitarist is, there will always be inconsistencies literally everywhere. Drums are much easier to fix in post-production. As for the guitar, not so much. With all of that in mind, the reason why I used this timing instead of the edited-and-fixed MP3 done by pishifat for lfj's map, is because I think the guitar playing at a slower pace is actually intended. Because I have timed the majority of Demetori songs, I know how well they fix their timing, and how they either don't let random inconsistencies slip through, or they don't fix the timing at all. Their guitarist is a skilled musician, and nails just about everything he plays. And, on top of all of that, it somehow snaps perfectly down to the millisecond into each succeeding redline, which all of them are snapped on white ticks on a 180bpm grid. Knowing Demetori, I do not believe this is a mere coincidence in the end. They have done some similar "easter-eggs" on previous tracks. For all of these reasons, I do not believe this is wrong.


    00:21:532 (1) - I believe that everything prior to this point was build up for this drop. In that case there is something wrong here. 00:20:365 (1,2,1,2) - The difficulty change here is significant to 00:19:712 (1,2) . I agree with this sudden difficulty spike because it follows the song intensity. However, the section afterwards fails to followup with the difficulty change. Since everything prior to this point was buildup, this section should have the same, if not higher difficulty than the buildup. An example would be: 00:23:032 (1,2,3,4,5) - I believe this pattern should be more spaced This... is not how it works. You are basically asking us to remap everything so the difficulty curve is about the same, but with harder verses. There is a good reason why the verses are mapped the way they are; to follow the song appropriately. What you want us to do is to make it as jumpy as the choruses. Which means we'd have to scale everything up. And then everything is overdone. No.

    00:31:031 (3) - The guitar comes in with its wonky melody at THIS point, not 00:30:865 (1) . But the way you put NC and arranged your pattern makes it seem like it's at 00:30:865 (1) . I think you should move NC to 00:31:031 (3) and maybe stack 00:30:865 (1,2,3) to better distinguish the melody change. Except that 00:30:865 (1,2) - those 2 kicks are still a part of the following drum roll.

    00:34:698 (1) - Just because sliders 1 and 2 look similar doesn’t make it okay to inconsistently put NC. I would argue that NC should be here 00:35:032 (2) . There are more inconsistency in your New Combos such as 00:35:865 (1,2,3) and 00:39:031 (5) , but pointing every single one of them out is a pain to do, I will leave that task to you. Generally NC is at the big white tick and whenever there is big difficulty spike. The heck man. Maybe pay attention to the rhythm guitar? The NCing is following it. Just like the pattern. Or the whole structure of the verses.

    01:05:532 (1,2) - Your slider-heads are on clap sounds and slider-ends are on guitar melody, I don't like this since the players aren't tapping to the melody. I believe clap sounds are secondary, and they can even be neglected (sometimes) to emphasize melody. Don't you feel something missing at 01:05:865 (2) , there is a cool guitar sound and the players aren't tapping on it. Basically, mapping to the rhythm is fine and all, as long as your map emphasizes the melody the most, if that makes sense. There is a lot of drum focus on this map if you haven't noticed already. A snare+strong hi-hat hit is much more prominent. Especially since I have been following the drums while skipping the guitar right before 01:04:365 (1,2,3,4,5) - there, along with the 3/4 rhythm it played. That would make even less sense to suddenly ignore the drums and follow the guitar here. The exception I made is for these outstanding notes 01:08:198 (1,2) - here.

    01:13:615 (4,1,2,3) and 01:14:615 (4,1,2,3) - follow similar rhythm, and you should move 01:14:615 (4,1) farther away from 01:14:198 (3) . Like how you spaced 01:13:365 (3,4,1) . So 01:13:615 (4,1) - is spaced away because 1) the sliders are faster and allow for a jump like that and 2) 01:13:282 (2,3) - because it is consistent with this. You would have known had you payed attention to the NCing of the patterns.


    This next part is just copy pasted so im gonna skip~ Sorry, what is copy pasted? I don't remember using that function over a whole section of the map. Actually, I don't remember doing that since my 2nd map ever made.

    For this section 02:53:698 (1,2,3,4,5) can you use 2 combo colors? I know you're trying to make it look cool but it's really hard to play those 02:53:698 (1,2,3,4,5) when they stack. Maybe use white and a shade of grey to compliment the storyboard. You might want to check if your monitor is working properly.

    I can't really pass the slider deathstream haha, rhythm kinda hard to follow but that's probably intended so not gonna say anything. You did just say something, though.

    05:08:698 - this timing point is unnecessary. Not all songs end the last note on a big white tick anyways Yeah, let's not properly time a song, much less if it has a following part that would be correctly snapped otherwise. Who cares about that.
Alright. So you pretty much forced your views and opinions onto the map, instead of trying to improve it. This is the most passive-aggressive mod I've ever had in over 4 years of mapping. None of the "suggestions" were useful.
posted
*popcorn munching intensifies*
posted
GoldenWolf uses not black bold but red text. This is when you know - shit is serious
posted
posted
:o

GoldenWolf wrote:



  • You might want to check if your monitor is working properly.[/color][/b] I meant two easily distinguishable colors, like a darker shade of grey

    Yeah, let's not properly time a song, much less if it has a following part that would be correctly snapped otherwise. Who cares about that. You literally just said above that you don't want to time a part that you're not following ecksdee


Alright. So you pretty much forced your views and opinions onto the map, instead of trying to improve it. This is the most passive-aggressive mod I've ever had in over 4 years of mapping. None of the "suggestions" were useful. What should I "suggest" then your highness? BLanket?Stack? Move 1 pixel to the left?

Anyways, I didn't try to offend you through my mod and if I did I'm sorry, but I've come to realize that what needs to change is not your map, but your attitude. Even if you think my mods are unhelpful, I took time to look through the map several times because I care about your map, but to get THIS kind of treatment? I believe that I should receive an apology for you BASHING and being outright RUDE to me. If you thought my mods are unhelpful just say so with good reason and deny me of kudosu without sounding like a dick, like Alheak did, is that so hard? I don't think what you're doing defines what a mapper does.
posted
If your mod was only not helpful I wouldn't have cared much, but the amount of passive-aggressiveness, the way you looked down on me, alheak and the map in general made it awful and a waste of time to go through.

I took nearly 2 hours to go through your mod, considering everything you said. The reasoning behind most suggestions were so awfully off of the map's intentions. Not only nothing in your mod was any useful, but it was detrimental to the map. It clearly showed you did not understood the map at all. You did not even try to get the logic behind it. Yet you acted as if you did.

Once again, if the mod was simply not useful but you would have still tried to understand how the map works and tried to improve it, that would have been totally fine by me. See LynX's mod for example.

This is honestly, hands down the worst mod I have ever received in over 4 years. The only mod I can recall to which I did not give a kd to. Nothing in it seemed to be well-intentioned.



Last point:

Not Tomori wrote:

You literally just said above that you don't want to time a part that you're not following ecksdee
This is exactly why your mod is awful.
posted
gw even though we're "friends", I have to call you out on this one. You clearly offended him when you gave "reasonable" responses to his perfectly CoC abiding mod. Why are you not apologizing for slandering his in depth analysis of your "map", if you can even call it that... /s
posted
I do not recall looking down on you, alheak, or your map while modding it, And I sincerely apologized if I have offended you two. And sorry that you wasted 2 hours of work going through my mod. my 2 days work rip
I tried to critically analyze your map both from a mapper and player's perspective, and voiced my thoughts on what could give better experience to others. As you may know, I am still quite new to modding, and perhaps my take on it was completely out of place of me. I just really dislike getting mods completely dedicated to aesthetics and I dislike giving them. I enjoyed your map so I didn't want to give half-assed efforts to mod it, and I guess I wasn't thinking too much about the logic and reasoning behind your map. In my defense though, I cannot possibility understand every mappers take on a song, and my lack of experience doesn't help weak defense I know
Anyways, I just didn't want to end this with you on such bad terms, so I thought we would work it out if both parties just apologized, I guess that didn't work. I would have loved to mod your maps in the future, when I don't suck at modding.
All the best.
posted
I don't mind it much really, GW was the most triggered because the first thing you did was criticizing his timing with too much confidence which he spent years perfecting, and I know this from experience since I myself made the same error some years ago.

I guess the main problem with your modding is that you focus too much on what you would have done instead of trying to understand the reasoning behind the mapping and helping accordingly. I know that it's not an easy task to do and I understand why you'd make those mistakes except that you may have been way too confident in your modding skills, so it made the general tone of your mod seem very passive-aggressive.

I don't think the time you spent modding was wasted since you did hopefully understand something out of it. Better this than going on forever in the wrong direction, that would have been the real waste right there.
posted
m4m as discussed with Alheak
[ Waterfall of Nine Heavens ]
  1. I have a suggestions for this sliders 00:00:379 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - . Just a small angle change for an alternative arrangement. The current one is the same slider angles with a continuous spacing increase until it reaches this 00:19:712 (1,2,1,2) - ; https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7398295 . My suggestion is that you slightly change the angles so that this part 00:19:712 (1,2,1,2) – the two small 1/2 sliders ‘blanket’ the curvature of the big 1/2 sliders, like this; https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7398326 . This is a visual improvement suggestion, all I did as changing a bit of the angles of this 00:19:712 (1,2) – by 10 which is the value to create the blanket and from that point I changed all previous sliders angles by 2 consecutively, keeping the same angle only on this one here 00:05:712 (1,2) - , you can compare both here structures; https://puu.sh/ufl1A.png and if you want to see on the editor here’s the code;
     209,179,379,102,0,L|212:220,1,40
    302,179,742,2,0,L|300:220,1,40,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    203,180,5712,6,0,L|207:224,1,40
    308,180,6075,2,0,L|304:224,1,40,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    196,180,11045,102,0,L|202:219,1,40
    314,180,11408,2,0,L|308:219,1,40,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    190,180,16378,6,0,L|196:219,1,40
    320,180,16741,2,0,L|314:219,1,40,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    183,180,17712,102,0,L|192:219,1,40
    327,180,18075,2,0,L|318:219,1,40,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    178,180,18712,6,0,L|188:219,1,40
    333,181,19075,2,0,L|323:219,1,40,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    172,181,19712,102,0,L|183:219,1,40
    338,181,20075,2,0,L|328:219,1,40,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
  2. The first thing I’ve noticed is how you structured the bigger gaps of this first intro of the song 00:21:198 (2,1,3,1,5,1,4,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,5,1,4,1,3,1,3,1) - . You kept a really low DS in this gap to give emphasis in the song breaks. Works perfectly, the only suggestion I might have for this idea is that you keep the consistency of when you’re stacking and when you’re not stacking, for example; the sections where you have a circle ending the phrase and a slider starting the new one like this 00:21:198 (2,1) – and this 00:23:698 (5,1) – you have stacked while the other parts that contains only circles were not stacked 00:22:032 (3,1,4,1,3,1) - . You should probably keep this idea for the entire intro of the song. In case you agree with me on this suggestion, you will need to stack this 00:29:032 (3,1) – and this 00:39:698 (3,1) - . It’s not a major thing but just a suggestion for a bit more of consistency.
  3. What’s you thoughts on the flow with this ctrol+g 00:23:199 (2,3) - ? It’s just a personal suggestion to keep odds and evens separated and also make it flow more linear oriented.
  4. Interesting to see how this sections are just a little bit different from each other 00:22:365 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - / 00:33:032 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - . If I may suggest an improvement here would probably be about how this 00:23:032 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) – flow that are different from each other. The gap is really small from one to another and perhaps repeating the flow is the best way to go here. Just in case you want to check my suggestion for this part 00:33:032 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) – here’s what I’d do; https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7398465
     276,292,33032,5,6,0:0:0:0:
    120,352,33198,1,4,0:0:0:0:
    264,284,33365,2,0,P|272:244|276:204,1,80,10|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    274,116,33615,1,4,0:0:0:0:
    273,102,33698,5,6,0:0:0:0:
    357,146,33865,1,4,0:0:0:0:
    276,196,34032,1,10,0:0:0:0:
    360,240,34198,1,6,0:0:0:0:
    273,102,34365,1,6,0:0:0:0:
  5. This suggestion might increase the difficulty of the intro; this beats here could work as clickable objects 00:30:032 - /00:40:698 - . I believe that making this beats passive and next to them a circle on a not so strong beat 00:30:198 (3) – could be avoided. My suggestion for this 00:29:698 (2,3) – is replacing the 1/1 slider and circle with two sliders; this first slider 00:29:698 (2) – would be reduced to 3/4 muting the sliderend to keep the mapping of the bend on the guitar, while this beat 00:30:032 – would be mapped as a 1/2 slider. Making a 3/4 slider and two circles also works depending on the spacing you make.
  6. The SB pulses here 00:42:865 – and here 00:43:365 – works great with the guitar. My suggestion for this section is that the second pulse effect could be even slower compared to what it is now.
  7. This three particular sections are very similar 00:47:532 (1,2,3,4,1) - /00:52:865 (2,3,4,5,1) - /00:57:865 (2,3,4,5,1) - about the guitar melody. Their rhythm is well done, the only thing I could suggest here is that you change a bit the spacing of this 3 objects 00:47:532 (1,2,3) - . In the other two patterns is clear that that the spacing is growing along with the guitar intensity 00:52:865 (2,3,4,5) - / 00:57:865 (2,3,4,5) -
  8. I honestly believe that this flows better 01:16:865 (3,4,5,6) – with 01:17:198 (5,6) – ctrol+G . Also the spacing here suggests that you want 01:17:198 (5) – more emphasized then 01:17:365 (6) - . But as I listen to this part of the music the strong snare sounds are here on this slider end 01:16:698 - and here 01:17:365 (6) – while this other objects sounds like regular kicks 01:16:865 (3,4,5) - . So I’m not sure what were your intentions here, but my suggestion for this part is first ctrol+G this two 01:17:198 (5,6) – then take this object located here 01:17:365 (6) – and space it out a bit more, I’d suggest x:361 y:28
  9. Move this slider 01:33:532 (1) – to x:149 y: 57 and 01:34:198 (3) - to x:293 y:167 to make sure that this pair 01:33:532 (1,2) – is structured the same way as this other pair 01:34:198 (3,4) - https://puu.sh/ufoek.jpg . This is just a really small polishment suggestion.
  10. Don’t you think that the spacing here 04:08:198 (1,2,3) – is a bit excessive compared to the other jump streams that this map has in even stronger parts of the music? For example 02:58:365 (1,2,3,4,5) – this jumpstream on the solo, or this 02:59:448 (5,1) - , 03:25:448 (11,1) - . My main suggestion here is that you actually map this sound 04:08:532 – clickable, but if you want to keep the slider 1/1 for the guitar melody, at least consider nerfing this spacing here 04:08:615 (2,3) - .
I guess that’s all for me. Personally this map is really too good/well done to question main concepts or suggest bigger modifications and in the end all I could come up with are just small little modifications that doesn’t affect much of the map quality. I hope that you can find at least one of them useful to improve this even more.
Hope to see this on ranked soon o/

edited to fix timestamp
Please sign in to reply.