forum

How to play CTB properly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cattiman
I've been playing CTB and I remember I came here, to the forums, once and saw how an advanced player looked at the falling fruit on the upper part of the screen. I tried just now and I impressed not only because it allows you to play with hidden more easily, but because it makes it a lot easier for me to aim. Are there any other ways of playing CTB I could have missed?
He Ang CTB
Buy good keyboard and monitor + lots of retries = get better :O
Sandy Hoey
Catch Fruit
autofanboy
Usually the most important tip is to play more. You grasp more about osu!catch / CtB when you play more.
Moreover, try to keep your emotions calm and your nerves soothed.

If you keep missing in a map, try not to play too much, as you may feel furious about not doing your best. Instead, try to call it a day and do it for another time. If you keep on practising the map within a week or month, you will do it at the end.

Hopefully the above tips can help you becoming a better player in the future! Good luck!
Kimitakari
Try to memorise the patterns and pay attention to the music (Strong and weak sounds are a signal where you can use hyperdash or not). Also take a rest for hours or days as your hands will get hurted a lot while playing CtB.
Buster
are you using the dash button?
iiyo
pray to your family you have good genes
Kyptoric
Lol for hidden depending on the ar you should look at the lower part of the screen
PakaChan

Fantasy wrote:

pray to your family you have good genes
He Ang CTB

alienflybot wrote:

If you keep missing in a map, try not to play too much, as you may feel furious about not doing your best. Instead, try to call it a day and do it for another time. If you keep on practising the map within a week or month, you will do it at the end.
^ Couldn't be better said. This needs to be pinned somewhere for "Important Osu! Tips to get better".

Kyptoric wrote:

Lol for hidden depending on the ar you should look at the lower part of the screen
^ Ye contrary to popular believes, sometimes it's actually better to read the bottom half when doing odd patterns/AR for HD. You can't see the exact visual representation of the fruit, but your brain is smart enough to make up the trajectory of the fruit without seeing the object itself. That means the closer you look to your catcher, the lesser percentage error your brain makes for projecting/predicting the position/timing of the fruit. So indeed in many situations looking at the line where the fruits disappears is much helpful than looking at the very top of your screen.
Golterboose
Im a nomod player but that trick for hidden seems to work well for me
Ew4n -II-
Im stock in 2.5 stars in CTB in 2 years because im always choke in chorus..
He Ang CTB

Ew4n -II- wrote:

Im stock in 2.5 stars in CTB in 2 years because im always choke in chorus..
But you only played 45 hours :C