forum

Nexus Slate & Nexus Ivory [Standard]

posted
Total Posts
show more
MarKKaM
OMG!! It's absolutely AMAZING!! Xiaounlimited, thanks for your work =)
Xact
Nice skin, plays well. Personally like the UI more than anything else. Looks like hticircles drew inspiration from Contease skin
Spinner is a bit wobbly..could probably fix that
Mik-ey
My new Main Skin :)
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

theMikeAG wrote:

Quick suggestion. You should probably edit any "invisible" elements down to 1 by 1. Sorry for the small, nearly pointless request.

~Edit~
Oh yeah, I forgot. The blue slider border looks kind of odd with the combo colors. Maybe you could color the track blue to match? Or at least make the border black to match with the hitcircles.
I do realize I should have edited them to a 1x1 file but the space saved is so minimal there's virtually no point in me going back to fix it. As for the track colours, everything is editable to a player's preference in the .ini file. I liked the tracks cyan; if you like them black, by all means change it. I thought it made it look very flat so I didn't go with black.

Xact wrote:

Nice skin, plays well. Personally like the UI more than anything else. Looks like hticircles drew inspiration from Contease skin
Spinner is a bit wobbly..could probably fix that
The spinner is 1px off centre. Others and myself ended up finding it quite psychadelic so I left it as is. I also don't know what the skin you mention is but I'll be sure to look it up.

Again, thank you for all the comments.
07 Ghost
This skin looks amazing! Although I still might prefer XI for the simplicity of it (not as many colors).
Kei
Nice skin <3 I'm using it.
hitty40
I know this will be my skin for aLONG time.

Good job on it!
XPJ38
Another suggestions to perfect your skin.

1/ I find the reversearrows odd. The colours used to fill them are too... sharp with the rest of the skin during a play (a perfect white and perfect black).
What I would suggest is to use the same gradation used for your default numbers, i.e. 48-48-48 on the top and 0-0-0 on the bottom of the circle.
So instead of having the first reversearrow, you would have the second one, softer for the eye:

Of course this is only valid for the white note add-on. For the default skin with the white reverse arrow, you would use the same logic, with inverted colours: 255-255-255 and 207-207-207.

2/ Why not put some colours to your ranks? Like you did with your score star recolour add-on and with the red letter D, the ranks X, S, A, B, C would be far more easily recognizable if there was some colour to highlight them (AFAIAC I first check the colour to know my rank, not the letter). X and S in gold, A in green, B in dark blue and C in purple? For SH and XH, I don't know.

These are only suggestions of course.
Faust
Ahhh, heaven for the eyes.

This is amazing work, sir/miss
Topic Starter
Xiao_old

XPJ38 wrote:

1/ I find the reversearrows odd... etc
I originally did that, but I wanted the arrows to purposely look odd. I personally have a grudge against reverse arrows (I break on them far too often), so to combat that I made it as jarring as possible. The gradient is a non-issue, IMO.

2/ Why not put some colours to your ranks? Like you did with your score star recolour add-on and with the red letter D, the ranks X, S, A, B, C would be far more easily recognizable if there was some colour to highlight them (AFAIAC I first check the colour to know my rank, not the letter). X and S in gold, A in green, B in dark blue and C in purple? For SH and XH, I don't know.
I just used traditional osu! colours: http://puu.sh/3llr

S A B C D

SH and XH are both white
XPJ38

Xiaounlimited wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

1/ I find the reversearrows odd... etc
I originally did that, but I wanted the arrows to purposely look odd. I personally have a grudge against reverse arrows (I break on them far too often), so to combat that I made it as jarring as possible. The gradient is a non-issue, IMO.
Ok np.

Xiaounlimited wrote:

I just used traditional osu! colours: http://puu.sh/3llr

S A B C D

SH and XH are both white
Nice :)
Musty
this shit is awesome.
Crakila
Hi Xiaounlimited

When I first used your Xi-Style skin a couple of years ago, I was hooked. Over time I tweaked it (Replacing the numbers and the sectionpass audio) but I loved the skin none-the-less.

Nexus... WOW. You did a absolutely AMAZING job on this. Really loving the voices for the countdown and has that...coolness imo.

Well done. Here is to more great skins from you in the future :D
Kasu404
Wooooaaaaa! I love this skin, the best I've seen :)
SonicX171
"The best of the best"! I love it too, 'cos it is not burn my eyes and i can play with it.
Phish_old
I usually take the osu default skin... but this is AMAZING O_O holy sh*t this is Awesome!
Skya
Amazing skin, hard to tell whether I prefer Xi-Style or Nexus now...
UnderminE
I can't play osu without this skin.
Danzai_old
Great job. Just wow....
ampzz
Thought I'd finally post up some thoughts on this amazing skin, and of course your high-quality skinning abilities.

It's always highly enjoyable to fall back from my usual see-through skin I made (compiled with some elements of other skins) and come into something like the Nexus skin which is a nice, flowing and eye appealing skin in comparison to some of the others that are on offer.

I hope you will continue to create these skins as they're all equally enjoyable, even with your disdain of the Xi-Style skin.
My1_old
I want to use this for mixing. may I ???
[Au]-[Revoir]
I really like this background WelcomeToNexus..

Did you do it?
hbhbenny647
Hi, May i know how do i apply the skin after i downloaded the 4 items? What must I do to make them into 1?
Nharox

hbhbenny647 wrote:

Hi, May i know how do i apply the skin after i downloaded the 4 items? What must I do to make them into 1?
Drag the files you wan to replace into the Nexus folder and overwrite them.
Huskatron
BEST SKIN EVER!

My setup--
I use all add-ons except the white hit circles.

Oh and I made you a spinner approach circle. Let me know if you use it in a PM, OK?

OsuMasterFTW
Awesome! :) But the picture says everything:

The mod pictures (hidden, flashlight etc.) are mixed. Can you try to fix it?
-Napoleon-
Hmmm I like the skin but he haves some problems! I'LL DOWNLOAD IT!
XPJ38

OsuMasterFTW wrote:

The mod pictures (hidden, flashlight etc.) are mixed. Can you try to fix it?
They are not mixed, they are just stacked, like in the default osu! skin.
Dyn4mic
This skin... actually it's the first skin I use, where I didn't change anything to be able to play properly.
It's perfect and I can just recommend it to everyone else! Use this skin - NOW! :3

(by the way - every skin of Xiao is very good, but this one is definitely my favorite)
gigaiDX
awesome skin Xiao!
its so cool!!! :)
Kusahime
Holy Mother of epic O_O <333
darkxlegend
love this skin. it's my current and i can see myself using it for a long time. best part is the voice, sends chills down my spine every time i hear it XD
Katsuri_Kuroneko
Hope you don't mind me changing the main color, cyan, to purple...it's simply a personal thing ^^'
PhoenixBird
Nice skin=) Default skin was the best for me some time, but not visible some elements after flashing..but this one is very good))) Thanks for good work!!! )
ychao
Wow this looks pretty slick! I'll try it for awhile.
emonite
So beautiful and I like this type of themes. :)
N A L U
Cool :)
Admirale_X
Superb work.
juandholic
AWESOME SKINS .. ;)
thx u
K a Y e
This skin looks like ''DJMax'' xD

By the way, Good job!
show more