forum

[resolved] Nvidia driver 378.66

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ScepticalPoem
Problem Details:

I got a fps drop of around 800 from around 2300 to 14-1500 after updating to this driver. I resolved it by reverting back to 378.49. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if it was just me.

First post and not sure if I'm in the right spot here, but someone more experienced can direct me to the appropriate place if this isn't it.
Kao
Don't use the Fallback Version. It isn't updated anymore and soon won't be supported.
Update to Stable(Latest)
Topic Starter
ScepticalPoem
I have the latest osu version, if that is what you were talking about. I am talking about the driver for my graphics card, a geforce gtx 1080. The driver version mentioned above, 378.66 (which is the newest) gave me the aforementioned fps drop. I went back to the previous driver version for my graphics card, and that fixed my problem.

I was just wondering if anyone else might have encountered this issue, and did not know what caused the problem so they now could have a possible solution.
Kao
First thing to check is if osu! Was running in integrated graphics or using the nvdia gpu
Could you confirm what it's using right now?
Topic Starter
ScepticalPoem
I have only one Graphics Processing Unit. This is a custom built pc, all parts bought separate and assembled by me, upgraded parts as needed over the years.
Kao
Integrated Graphics is different, go to the nvdia control panel and add a custom profile for osu!
Then run osu! With the nvdia Graphics card.
Dntm8kmeeatu
He would have a beast Integrated GPU to get 1500FPS. I have no idea why you are doing what you are doing Kao.
Topic Starter
ScepticalPoem
Gave it a shot. Reinstalled the newest Nvidia driver, went into the Nvidia Control Panel, and made a custom profile for osu.
Results:

Pre custom profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7368303

Post custom profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7368329

First picture
, notice top left corner FPS and bottom right input lag, you can see where things are at.
Second picture is after I made the profile and just set everything to skip any quality, and all about performance. The custom profile thing worked. Get even higher fps count and lower input lag than before!

Was uncertain at first what you meant Kao, but it was the Process 3D-settings. Note; might be called something else since mine is in norwegian, but correct me if I'm wrong.

So in conclusion: I can now enjoy osu! again with practically no input lag, and enjoy increased performance with the newest Nvidia driver! Yay!
The fact that this is required, boo!