We need a feature that can un-shoot kudosu lol haha jk
When google gives you a full modwew lads
Very little that actually needs changing here tbh, these are more suggestions from me than have too's.
- 02:41:208 - 02:48:065 - HS volume too high in this section imo.go would reduce all by 10-15% Agreed, done
- Pretty big diff spike from platter to rain. possible to nerf rain a bit and buff platter a bit? I disagree, the Platter makes use of a decent amount of dash/hdash combinations with some antiflow, short streams and only a small number of breaks and low-density sections. The Rain is not particularly difficult for the most part with many hdash structures using lenient, natural flow.
The massive SR difference is, to me, largely the result of 1/4 hyper introduction. However, if others think the same I will try to balance things further.
- 00:10:994 (2) - feels a bit underemphasised with all the right to left movement. maybe reverse direction at 00:10:351 (1) - so it goes left left right left Managed to put a direction change on 00:10:351 (1,2) -
- 00:13:780 (1,2,3) - percussion hit at 00:14:422 (2) - is a bit underemphasised imo. would reverse dicretion at to instead to create some emphasis here (2) does change direction back to the left already and a double direction change would be excessive here
- 00:44:637 (1) - why not move back to 00:44:208 (3) - so theres some emphasis on this ending note Done
- 03:03:494 (1,2) - would reduce this spacing a bit more, since vocal is swallowed. would use 0.7x imo. Reduced a little, but 0.7x feels too static for my liking
- 03:10:565 (2) - intensity is a bit higher than 03:09:708 (1) - so maybe take the anchor and move it a bit more to the left so the pattern has a bit more spacing. Done
- 03:38:422 (2,1) - feels a bit under emphasised after the harder to hit 03:38:422 (2) - would either increase spacing between these two or use a simpler pattern for 03:38:422 (2) - and a harder pattern for 03:39:280 (1) - to create some epmhasis. These sounds are all similar so it makes more sense for me to use equal spacing, even more so if (2) is potentially a harder pattern to provide a rest moment. Emphasis is on the held sound mapped in only one direction, whereas precious sounds were C/S shaped sliders in two directions
- 04:05:208 (1,2) - would tilt 1 a bit more vertical, as it is now 1 feels like it should be on a significantly stronger beat than 04:06:065 (3,4) - which i dont feel is true Made them symmetrical
- 04:40:351 (3) - preffer a 1/2 repeat here instead of your 1/1 slider. This is a held vocal sound with decreasing pitch, a single slider fits better for me
- 04:40:351 (3) - make this a reverse direction repeat instead maybe. making the new vocal line stand more out. feels like these beats are more connected to the section before than they should. Not sure but you probably meant somewhere else here
- 05:42:065 (3) - ctrl + h and move to the right side maybe? feels a bit underemphasised imo. Don't see how, it's consistent with my previous patterns and distances
- 00:05:851 (2,3,4) - maybe reduce spacing a bit? almost a need to tap dash somewhere here to catch everything. Done
- 01:52:780 (3,1) - jump seems a bit high spaced, but didnt have any problems catching it either, sooo... maybe reduce spacing a bit? Reduced a tiny bit
- 02:41:208 - 02:42:922 (1) - HS volume too high in this section would reduce all by 10-15% Fixed in General part on all diffs
- 03:08:637 (1,2) - spacing here is too low imo. vocals are clear here. Buffed it a bit
- 03:23:208 (2,1,2,3) - ^ Designed to offer a rest period before the more intense buildup section
- 03:56:637 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this whole section is walkable if you are precise eanogh. is that the point? if not i would buff distance a bit where suitable. Pretty sure this was not the intention in a buildup to kiai section, buffed slightly
- 04:09:922 - 04:34:137 - this whole section is almost walkable too, think there is like 5 must dash places in the kiai. why not add more clear dashes on places like 04:13:351 (3,1) - ? Buffed kiai yo
- 04:37:780 - 05:03:494 - okay so pointing this out here, after a few attempts i managed to play this entier section without touching my dash at all. Meaning its entierly possible to buff some spacings to make the diffrence between walk and dash more clear in this kiai. I feel having adequate spacing for dashes is a good thing to make it more visually clear to new players what is a walk and what is a dash. also spacing variety makes for more fun maps. Moar buffs yay
- 07:08:422 (5,1) - after a long section of regular walk spacing this dash comes up and might be hard to interprite as a dash after so long without a dash. would buff distance a bit to make that more clear. Raised distance a little more
- 00:45:708 (4,5) - and 00:46:672 (4,5) - feels pretty underemphasised imo. Why not reverse direction for the slider to create a bit more movement to emphasise the sound? goes for all the stream into slider patterns in this section tbh Nice idea, addes some more direction changes on snares
- 03:23:422 (3,4,1,2,3) - feel beats instead of sliders fits more, looks a bit weird to have slider trail between one and not the other. Used both to highlight the constant switching between instrument and vocal
- 04:58:672 (2) - HS way to strong on the head here, sticks too much out without any significant sound. It's following the high pitch synth, but sure, reduced it a bit
- 04:58:672 (2) - ^ This is the same object...
- 05:26:208 (5,6,7,8,1) - this entier stream section has the significant direction change on the downbeats which is logical... except this one where the direction change comes after the downbeat. i would change the shape of the stream and move it to the other side of 05:26:530 (8) - for a more concistent pattern. I'm not only using direction change for emphasis here, but stream shape and movement as well. The emphasis is derived from transitioning into a vertical pattern from a horizontal one.
- 00:05:101 (4,5) - spacing maybe a bit high Lowered a touch
- 00:11:637 (3,4,5) - preffer same spacing between all of these isnatead of longer between 00:11:851 (4,5) - (3,5) have higher spacing because of the kick drum sound
- 00:29:637 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - is a bit too dense imo. reduces impact of other more fitting 1/8 streams like section at 01:41:208 - Don't see a problem here, there's 1/8 in the music so there's 1/8 in the map, this provides interesting variety and a cool way to transition into the next section
- 01:41:530 - HS is a bit low on beats like this one in the section imo. feels a bit weird to hit something when i get no audio feedback. HS volume is 50%, so this is hardly inaudible
- 02:18:922 - while stream is not hard and it is fitting i feel this note density is just too much for a rain. It's an isolated section of the map, adds variety, follows the music and as you said, is not hard to play. I think it's fine
- 03:04:351 (3) - tail feels a bit underemphasised here. maybe add a red anchor on the slider tick and make the slider go back to the left after the tick for a little movement on the tail hit The vocal pitch or intensity doesn't change, so a direction change would feel forced
- 03:44:208 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - would preffer if you mapped these sections as 1/4 rhythm and the rest of the stream as 1/8. Making these sections stand out a bit more with some rhythmical diffrences aswell as HS diffrence. The music follows the same 1/8 synth sound here, switching to 1/4 when there's nothing more prominent beneath it doesn't feel right to me
- 06:26:208 (4,5,6,7,8) - this 1/8 sticks a bit too much out for my comfort. i would maybe map a 1/8 stream for the notes before too (06:25:780 (1,2,3) -) but might get a bit intense. reducing hitsound a bit might work too, so it stands less out. The reverb sound increases in volume at 06:26:208 - and becomes the dominant rhythm, so that's where I started mapping 1/8
- 06:53:637 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - same as point above. it seems like your following the sound starting at 06:53:208 - but only map the 2nd half with 1/8 streams, which seems a bit odd to me. Same explanation as above
- 00:03:494 - 00:17:208 - this section gets a bit repetetive by the end. i was gona suggest some pattern use like the ones you use after 00:17:208 - but seems like you wanted to map it more concistently instead. i'll still suggest mapping each of the sections (00:03:494 - 00:17:208 - and 00:17:208 - 00:29:208 - ) with a higher incrase in intensity towards the end so you can add a bit more variety to the patterns in the intro. Meaning something like 00:12:708 (6,7,8,9,10) - this towards the end of the first section should be mapped more like 00:19:565 (4,5,6,7,8) - and vice versa I get your idea but you guessed right, I want each section to steadily evolve from the one before it. If I merged the two sections at the start here, rather than one gradual buildup I would be more likely to get one overly homogeneous larger section, which would be less interesting. In the context of this song, 14 seconds is hardly a massive amount of time, and I feel enough variation in flow and patterning is provided here already.
- 01:58:780 (5) - would preffer if this slider was a bit curved like 01:54:922 (1) - so you get this nice, straight curve straight curve pattern. (01:53:637 (5) - 01:54:922 (1) - 01:57:065 (5) - ) Seems good, done
- 03:24:065 (5) - feels underemphasised imo. pretty strong sound but no diffrence in flow or spacing to indicate that. I was oribinally just focusing on vocals but you're right, it's better not to ignore this. Added another hyper structure
- 03:25:780 - would map this beat too Here I am just focusing on the long vocal though for the sake of consistency and patter variety
Despite what I've heard the hyper and spacing usage in this diff is pretty good i would say. everything gets proper and different emphasis based on the strength of the note. No high spaced dash is too hard to hit either so good job JBH, nice spacing. Kinda curious as to what you've "heard"and why people who perhaps don't like it haven't posted concerns here, but thanks for your helpful suggestions!