forum

Deciding whether to hover or drag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HypeSentinel
I've been playing osu for about 7 months now, and I am stuck on the 4 star category. I cannot complete any songs because of my accuracy and I'm trying to figure out the problems.
I do believe that the problem is with my technique with the tablet and pen. I hover with my pen because dragging ruins the nibs easily but during songs, I will frequently and accidentally hit the tablet with the nib and that causes me to either get a 50/100 or break combo.

Does anyone know how to stop this? I've tried to bring my hand as high up as possible but it still drags frequently
Metaku
You can just disable mousekeys? Works for tablet pen too. F10 shortcut if I remember correctly or just do it from the options
Sayorie
I do both.
Drag if you want to drag. Use the eraser tip, it lasts 999x longer than the nibs. And don't worry too much about scratching the tablet surface--it is meant to be scratched anyway, and it doesn't affect the performance of the tablet. Well unless you punched micro-holes on your tablet and you're now dragging on craters.
Topic Starter
HypeSentinel
Alright, thanks alot guys for the feedback.
Spirit_Dreamer
Indeed if you drag use the eraser tip.Also tape some plastic piece for protector.Choose the plastic piece to be with surface friction that feels most comfortable to you.At least for me is 10 times better than draging to the original surface of the tablet.