forum

Do you like sleep?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Oddbrother
14 hours from the first hour in the morning. A NEW RECORD! :D
[deleted user]
Sleep is the second best thing in life. The first is food.
Kylecito
sleeping is for faggots
i preffer to "go unconscious at night" for a really badass touch
awp
Sleeping less than 6 hours is usually lame (though there was a four-month period where I lived on 5 huors of sleep) but if I sleep too much, say, 10+ hours, I become irritable because of all the videogame-playing time I've wasted being unconscious.
RemmyX25
My body is wierd when it comes to sleep. If i get, say, four hours, i'll be fine the next day (with a tiny bit of caffene thrown in). If i get a full nights sleep, i'm uber tired and grumpy the next day. It takes a lot of caffene to get me awake then.
phill_old
SHEEP FOR BABIES, GAMERS GO ALL NIGHT
Kylecito

phill wrote:

you're not a real gamer until you die from playing wow 5 days straight
[deleted user]
I have an erratic sleeping behaviour. I seem to have a bad case of insomnia sometimes, but I can usually nab at least 7 hours of sleep, so I think I'm okay XD
Loginer
Sometimes I sleep for 5-6 hours. Sometimes 12 hours. Sometimes something in between. Sometimes I don't sleep at all. It all depends on the games I have, and if the following day is a schoolday. :3
phill_old

Fuzzy Wuzzy wrote:

I have an erratic sleeping behaviour. I seem to have a bad case of insomnia sometimes, but I can usually nab at least 7 hours of sleep, so I think I'm okay XD
same here. it's strange but i feel worse after 10 hours of sleep than 7-8.
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
GEN_old

Kylecito wrote:

phill wrote:

you're not a real gamer until you die from playing wow 5 days straight
Who would die from only 5 days? A bitch.
Real gold farmers last at least 8!
awp
In all honesty wouldn't you get bored after playing a game for an entire uninterrupted day? I tend to get bored of something after 3 hours and seek to change my scenario but five days?
Ivalset
My sleeping patterns vary from week to week. One week I'll average 2 and a half hours a day, and the next week might be around 14 hours a day. Usually depends on how much shit I've got going on (midterms/finals/essays/mmos).

Also, I don't really bother with caffeine to pull allnighters, as long as I've got food to eat, I'm fine.
hunnykilla
Yes sleep is good. I usually sleep 8-12 hours. Naps are 2-3 hours.
shinn_old
Yeah, sleep is pretty good.

I usually sleep 6-7 hours straight. But I usually fall asleep in really boring lessons :roll: ...

Some times I don't sleep at all, esp. after traveling and at slumber parties. I get really irritated if someone wakes me up before 6 (esp long haul flights)
awp
I almost didn't sleep last night because I unlocked the laser cannon in RE4 and was tempted to play through the entire game in one sitting. I settled for half-way though, didn't want to stay up another hour.
Cecilthemos
I hate sleeping in past 8, but I do like to sleep, especially while listening to music.
hunnykilla
haha i never got the laser cannon. Sleep is good.
awp

Nakao wrote:

haha i never got the laser cannon.
It makes even the Chicago Typewriter look like a water pistol.

Though there are times when the water pi - er, Chicago Typewriter, comes in very handy. (Opening Salazar/Saddler for wounding, the room with the chalkboard-a-majig right before the radio tower, etc)

woops I'm off topic

I slept in until noon today. I wasn't happy about that because almost half the day was gone before I'd even had a shower.
meyou22
LOTS.

I get about 10 hours a night, to about 20, depending on if I slept the previous night.

*probably isn't sleeping tonight; has too much work to do*
Mogsy
I like sleep, but generally only get 4 hours a night.

I tend to have insomnia from time to time.
phill_old
I hate trying to sleep when it's sooo hot :( Need aircon!
chan
If it's hot enough, I sleep downstairs on my couch. About 5 degrees (celcius) cooler and a new(ish) reverse cycle aircon and tv make it comfortable, but there's nowhere to charge my phone/alarm clock.
Xionkaiser
Isn't it bad to get used to sleep alot?

i feel like sleeping is the most amusing thing i do in all day it's like my anti-drug :P but sometimes i feel like i'm wasting a lot of time slacking around and sleeping so much XD but it can't be helped

also it's interesting when i sleep while listening to music because it gives some kind of "weirdness boost" to my dreamings o_o when i don't listen to music while sleeping it's like everydays dreams
phill_old
I tend to sleep best with some noise too, I usually stick on AM radio.
Survivor_old
Yeah, I sleep the usual 6~8 hours. I hate sleeping anything other than that.

And don't even get me started on sleeping with noise, I get the trippiest dreams. I'll just copy and paste one dream I had once...

I had a nightmare this night. It was awesome. It even had a storyline.

I don't remember it all too well, but I guess it all began with me in school, having a talk with my teacher with my parents present (Apparently, I did something wrong). My parents didn't like what I did one bit and didn't take me to some place that I wanted to go, so I stayed home.

At that time it felt like I was playing a point/click adventure game, I was trying to fix a huge ass generator(for no apparent reason, the thing was working. It was all smashed, but working) that was in my house(for no apparent reason again), so I was running around opening drawers and cabinets, breaking mirrors to see what's behind them and whatnot, and I thought I'd be in one hell of a lot of trouble if my parents arrived, which should be at any moment, so after a bit more of searching around aimlessly, I heard the door opening, I was scared for my life, and when I went to check, it was only my cat! (Which I don't have in real life.)

So, there was this bookshelf looking thing, I tried moving it, and it took me to some sort of flashback-like experience, it said that I was one of many "spectra" of myself, and whenever something that shouldn't happen occurred, a spectrum was created, and set into a different dimension, but it was like, I could see myself, and I could see the rest of the world, but the rest of the world couldn't see me (like a ghost), and there were many "me"s in other dimensions, but we couldn't see each other. The only way of connection between the dimensions was that bookshelf. Whenever something was placed on it, it was there for every dimension.

I saw the many "me"s taking a rock and a cup, and using a knife to take the dust from the rock and putting it in the cup. The rock dust would come out in different colors for each different dimension, then each me would place that rock dust on the shelf. Then I somewhat knew that only when the rock dust from all dimensions was on the shelf things would go back to normal. It was then I heard the door opening, this time it was for real.

I saw my parents and me and my brother coming in (I'm a ghost, remember?), my parents went to their room and my other self and my brother were standing around. I learned somehow (Like a tutorial pop-up in a game) that I could start haunting them whenever I wanted only by screaming(And it was one of those times in which you try to scream, but you can't, because you're sleeping. Ever happen to you?). I would appear for a little bit and be able to interact with them, so I tested it out and shoved my brother against the wall, he hit his head, went unconscious and was placed in bed. After a bit of time (which my dream seems to have skipped), I saw my other (real) self shoving me to the ground, and looking me deep in the eye, and saying "I won't let you do this", at this moment I learned that I could incorporate whoever I wanted by hitting them on the chest with both hands (but if the person died with me in it, I would die, too), so then I ran to my brother (who had developed some pretty large, scary fingernails) on the bed, and hit him with both hands, possessed him, opened my(or his?) eyes and saw my other self choking me to death, then I woke up.

Apparently I was exorcised. Pretty confusing, I know. I never knew dreams could go so deep.
chan

Survivor wrote:

And it was one of those times in which you try to scream, but you can't, because you're sleeping. Ever happen to you?
Yes, but I ended up yelling in reality, and my own yells woke me up. It was pretty stupid, yelling out "STOP HITTING MY CLARINET!" and then waking up, only to realise what you've just said in reality.
I also had a dream once where my uncle drove us into a swimming pool, and we were trapped in the car. After trying to escape the car, it soon filled up with water. I held my breath but eventually started inhaling water.

When I woke up I was practically suffocating from my duvet. Funny how reality and dreams interact.
RemmyX25
I hate to bump the thread, but I thought this was worth mentioning:

Ok, so I'm seeing a psycologist because my insomnia seems to be getting worse and worse... (dunno what they're talking about, I sleep fine in Math B2...) my psycologist asked me if I work on projects during the night, or do I just toss and turn in bed, which is the case. But something had clicked in me (which turned into a good but irrelevant topic):

Poor Peppy. He doesnt have a choice but not to sleep or 'Osu!' wouldnt be here.
mattyu007
I looveee sleeeping! If I don't get 10 hours at least 5 nights a week I start dozing off in class or something like that...OR I get kinda dizzy and then fall asleep.....either way, I NEED TO SLEEP! (Like right now! It's 1:28 AM EST)

qwertymeepit
Zzzzzzz
"Wha!?!"
I love sleep! I practically live for sleep!

Well, maybe not, but sleep makes me osu better. =P
mattyu007
Me <3 sleep XD I only stay up for VERY important things like my homework, ranking up in osu, projects etc.. ^^
Slain087
I'll take sleep anywhere I can get it - on the bus, in the car going to school, after I go home from school. That usually leaves me up until 11, then I go down and wake up at 5-6. I suppose I get the full eight hours.

I try not to pull all-nighters - at least, not yet. My body's not wired for anything stronger than a couple of Cokes, and it's usually iced tea which helps me stay awake. I tried once, last New Year's - almost made it 24 hours, but was down for 14 afterward.

Normally I just surf the net until I feel sleepy - only when I need to do something really important do I actually do stuff.
MegaTailzChao
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.