posted
Total Posts
show more
Salvage
yes that one :(
Tenshi

Two wrote:

you're doing it wrong :(

you need to sell stuff at this cap for money, and hoard average gems to upgrade your 40 epics

the only thing you should be buying besides average class gems are the best crests for your class

any gold spent on 32 stuff is a hugeeeee waste
Well shi-

Anyways, what world are you in Two?
Topic Starter
Two_old
argenta
Topic Starter
Two_old
40 cap is probably around december 7th btw, sometime in december at least
Tenshi
Darn, Gerrant here. :<

How'd you get that estimate?
Topic Starter
Two_old
24 cap -> nest -> junk -> 32 cap -> nest -> junk -> ___

40 cap has three nests so they may or may not milk that before 50
Tenshi
Ah, I see; very Nexon-like indeed.

So what are the three nests?
Salvage
oh and i'm in Greenwood not the h one lol
Topic Starter
Two_old
manticore nest, apocalypse nest, sea dragon nest

manticore and apocalypse sets have very similar stats

sea dragon nest is 8 players max instead of 4, and gives out purple gear instead of orange

I found the manticore really hard to solo as a 41 academic, never tried apocalypse

to put that in perspective, this is how easy cerberus is for me

Jinxy
Cerberus is the easiest nest imo anyway, slow, obvious moves and nothing that stuns you for too long, except blizzard if you get caught in it.

For some reason I have much less problems with it than Minotaur.

is that really your youtube

...That reminds me, need to do Cerb 3 more times so I don't waste the early reset tomorrow
Salvage
yes it is, there is RIHANNA THERE TOOO

btw academic sucks asses for pvp nope?
Topic Starter
Two_old
I didn't realize I had stalkers

no idea I don't pvp
Salvage
where do u have stalkers, i knew u liked rihanna cause of the only girl in the world thing and he asked so i answered it is cause of that (i just seen that vid when i entered ur channel to see the academic vid on full screen)
YellowerYoshi
Got this game and tried it out for awhile today. It's actually pretty fun. So far only got a level 5 Cleric, planning to go Paladin at 15 so I can smite things with my shield and flail. It is mentioned that they aren't meant for damage but I feel like I'm at a good balance of tanky without just completely failing at being able to kill anything.
Jinxy
I find paladins difficult since their regular attack is physical, but they have magical attack skills than physical, so you need to have a good balance of both. Alternatively, there's Sacred Hammering which turns their regular attack magical, but I haven't made a paladin far enough to see how it works. There's also a Kick Paladin which... well, kicks. I don't want to think about that one.
Topic Starter
Two_old
why wouldn't you want to think about the best kind
YellowerYoshi
Well, I've been looking through the Paladin skill tree and it looks like for the most part it separates into two distinct trees of Magical attacks and Tanking, with a neutral tree in the middle having some Physical attacks. I know with any class it is generally a good idea to dabble in each area a little and pick one side to specialize in. For the most part I think I might get Sacred Hammering and just focus in on the Tanking and Physical attacks, going for Guardian eventually.
Topic Starter
Two_old
guardians use roundhouse kick (speed) holy kick (speed) provoke (duration) and the god within (duration) crest

that will run you well over 5k gold btw

http://db.mmosite.com/dn/skill_simulato ... rdian.html

that's what I would use until they make skill trees more flexible later on

if you don't turn in your level 15 quest for the free reset, you can keep it for whenever you need it
YellowerYoshi
Level 10 now and just got to Carderock Pass. Still enjoying my current playstyle of flail beatdowns with shield bashing and magic thrown in there. I keep eyeballing an offensive based Priest but that seems more like a gimped Light elemental Sorceress without much physical prowess. I might go further down the magic part of the Paladin tree than I expected to but it's hard to gimp those sexy shield skills. Man I hate decisions.
Topic Starter
Two_old
follow the build I linked and never look back

paladins are purely tanks and priests are purely support

the offensive class branch is completely useless for them both (this could theoretically change in the future with more 2nd class skills)
YellowerYoshi
Well, that works then I guess. I've always seemed to do well with the turtle classes that don't necessarily have good damage output but can withstand crazy beat downs. As far as offensive skills go, things in the Cleric tree are pretty damn efficient. I am fine with this so far. Paladin plans are still a gooooo.
Topic Starter
Two_old
40 cap confirmed december 14th~
Tenshi

Two wrote:

40 cap confirmed december 14th~
Uh, wrong game perhaps?
Topic Starter
Two_old
nope right game
Tenshi

Two wrote:

http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/teaser/mfighter/img/bg-experience.jpg
You sure? o.o
Topic Starter
Two_old
the point is that is the date for their major patch

our patch is going to hit the same day, almost 100% sure (maybe the same week :()
Tenshi
O~h, you should've specified more clearly then. :P
Topic Starter
Two_old
http://dragonnest.nexon.net/news/news/0 ... december-7

log in to get a free +12 weapon, possibly +9 epic, 30 goddess teardrops, trash temporary wings, and a 1 day unlimited skill reset scroll

also that pretty much proves 40 cap is happening when I said it was ^_^
Tenshi
Well it does mention a sneak peek at the next update, so yeah, I guess so. :v
Jinxy
SEA gets Apocalypse first, apparently.

I am completely ok with this because the Apocalypse hat and weapon looks a hell lot more better than the Manticore hat.
Topic Starter
Two_old
I think SEA got the last patch a week before we did, but that's weird that apocalypse is first

I like the manticore set bonuses better :(
Jinxy
But if the lv 32-40 quests have "." instead of fully translated stuff I will punch someone in the face
Topic Starter
Two_old
most if not all of the quests in the english patch for cdn/kdn are translated iirc

so it would be sad if they weren't
Jinxy
The lv 32 patch had a lot of "[][][][][]" quests at first, then they said they fixed it and affected lines became "."

Best yet, the White Rose quest line where you clear to befriend Lena couldn't be done thanks to the glitch. I ended up getting a NA friend to copy over his text-file-thing and I applied it into my own DN. But if shit goes untranslated, I'll just get those patches. Should be compatible enough.
Topic Starter
Two_old
actually there are a lot of problems with just using a cdn patch for kdn, like disconnecting by starting certain quest dialogues

I don't know about backwards compatibility, but I imagine it's not going to work right unless you manually take what you need out of the patch and put it as it's own .pak
Jinxy
Well darn. I probably could do it, but I'm too lazy.

EDIT: I just remembered I have yet to sell a stack of cerb leather because I was selling other cerb materials. Fuck.
Topic Starter
Two_old
I vendor green cerberus materials
Jinxy
Topic Starter
Two_old
watch ours be the 20th or something gay
Jinxy
Oh lol we do get Manticore before Apo
show more