forum

[resolved] osu updater restarts and says "an error has occurred"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Heartstrings
Every time I try to run osu updater usually about halfway through it will say "An error has occurred! Check your internet connection." or something along those lines and then restart. Every time. Not sure what to do, I've tried disabling Windows Defender but that's it. OS is Windows 10, computer is brand new.

My update log is here. Hopefully someone smarter than me can decode it and figure out what's wrong.
http://pastebin.com/ujscsXk7
This is after running it for about 5 minutes.

I appreciate any and all help. :)
Kao
Could you try to find the folder named "Staging" and delete/move it out? (It might be hidden)
It's failing to delete. Make sure you also have correct permissions, run osu! As an administrator.

You're getting a timeout downloading the bass.dll file, either it was temporary and fixed now, or your ISP is blocking it
Try using a VPN
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
If that didn't work, you can open and close the updater immediately, and then open it again.
It will start osu! Normally without updating it.
Update the game from the settings in there
Topic Starter
Heartstrings

Kao wrote:

Could you try to find the folder named "Staging" and delete/move it out? (It might be hidden)
It's failing to delete. Make sure you also have correct permissions, run osu! As an administrator.

You're getting a timeout downloading the bass.dll file, either it was temporary and fixed now, or your ISP is blocking it
Try using a VPN
  1. You can try using a VPN like [lucky:1337]Psiphon[/lucky:1337] and see if it works from there
    Just download from the website and open it, after it connects try again.
If that didn't work, you can open and close the updater immediately, and then open it again.
It will start osu! Normally without updating it.
Update the game from the settings in there
I tried running it as an adminstrator and it worked. Thanks for the help!