Total Posts
show more
Avedas

JesusYamato wrote:

Not doing it, denied by peppy.
Well I am thoroughly disappointed.
Neruell

Shael wrote:

What about we could have a score checking team?
I doubt that because peppy mentioned a lot of times that they already have a system for checking the multiaccounts and it does work. The problem is not spotting them but how to deal with them.
Kotik_old
why don't we just go like valve? ban everyone!

no but really. peppy should dedicate a team, he can trust, to seek the leaderboards for "multis". whenever a certain person from that team, finds someone he/she'd suspect to be a multi, he/she would send out a warning to the person, after of course, looking at their profile; if something like "joined: 27th august 2011" would show up, and the person would have a top40 on an insane, that would just help, and then a warning would need to be send out. if the person then continues to play like this, then an instant ban would be appropiate.

just putting my idea out here.

also, i'm european as you obviously see, but when i saw you basically saying "only asians multi" i dropped my food. stop being racist. ._.

Neruell wrote:

Shael wrote:

What about we could have a score checking team?
I doubt that because peppy mentioned a lot of times that they already have a system for checking the multiaccounts and it does work. The problem is not spotting them but how to deal with them.
just quickly saw that, and i wanted to add: have you ever seen this "system" being used? not to attackt peppy, but i honestly think, this is just made up, since i haven't seen it being used, and with all these multis, it's hard for me to believe. proof of concept please.
Neruell

Kotik wrote:

Neruell wrote:

just quickly saw that, and i wanted to add: have you ever seen this "system" being used? not to attackt peppy, but i honestly think, this is just made up, since i haven't seen it being used, and with all these multis, it's hard for me to believe. proof of concept please.
More than once.
Waryas
!multi has been disabled for a while I think.
dkun

Kotik wrote:

no but really. peppy should dedicate a team, he can trust, to seek the leaderboards for "multis". whenever a certain person from that team, finds someone he/she'd suspect to be a multi, he/she would send out a warning to the person, after of course, looking at their profile; if something like "joined: 27th august 2011" would show up, and the person would have a top40 on an insane, that would just help, and then a warning would need to be send out. if the person then continues to play like this, then an instant ban would be appropiate.

also, i'm european as you obviously see, but when i saw you basically saying "only asians multi" i dropped my food. stop being racist. ._.
ban half of asia then, kotik.
the account ratio for chinese is ~3:1 and ~2:1 for the koreans.
Mismagius

dkun wrote:

Kotik wrote:

chinese don't multiaccount nearly as much as japanese
Kotik_old

dkun wrote:

Kotik wrote:

i never said to ban any special kind of the world. just whoever looks suspicious. :3

also, Neurell, i still want proof of concept, before i choose to believe you.
KRZY

dkun wrote:

hard data please.
Neruell

Kotik wrote:

I was just quoting Peppy's words. It is not me who is writing software for Osu!. If you don't believe that Peppy is saying truth then you assume that he is lying.

Also yeah I was talking about !Multi since it did show who did log in with what account and how many times.
Kotik_old

Neruell wrote:

Kotik wrote:

I was just quoting Peppy's words. It is not me who is writing software for Osu!. If you don't believe that Peppy is saying truth then you assume that he is lying.

Also yeah I was talking about !Multi since it did show who did log in with what account and how many times.
*peppy *osu! :3
Wishy
However multis and cheaters take stupidly long times to get banned and get their scores deleted (if they ever are), which could be easily solved by having a team for that but peppy just won't do it, and if he ever does he gonna put some of those guys like ztrot or Jarby which are obviously trustworthy for him but they don't even play the game or have any idea about what's actually doable or not.
Gorlum
So they have a few top scores using multi accounts. But who cares?
Is it so important for you to be #35 in some song and to be beaten after 1 week? Multi accounts don't have some solid high scores and rarely reach #1 score anyway.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

gorlum wrote:

Is it so important for you to be #35 in some song and to be beaten after 1 week? Multi accounts don't have some solid high scores and rarely reach #1 score anyway.
lol
Avedas

gorlum wrote:

You sure?
Chaotic_old

naptime wrote:

I kind of got the impression that you had to be approved in some way to join. That would be nice.
Why? Multi accounts are barely an issue at all as far as i can tell

They would be an issue, if they were continually taking Rank 6's or above.. especially on the harder maps.
But you know what? They pretty much don't, ever.

The entire situation is 100% exaggerated, and because of that, the Multi account names seem to spread like wild fire, which makes the easy situation even easier to solve. Am i not right here?

All i'm saying is, it's insanely easy to filter the Multi accounts which need to be banned, from the ones which aren't very much of an issue.. remember that having Multiple accounts barely passes as a rule in the first place, there is nothing wrong with 99% of them
KRZY

Chaotic wrote:

All i'm saying is, it's insanely easy to filter the Multi accounts which need to be banned, from the ones which aren't very much of an issue..
The problem is that this insanely easy thing does not get done as often as it should in this community.

Also,

Chaotic wrote:

remember that having Multiple accounts barely passes as a rule in the first place, there is nothing wrong with 99% of them
Chaotic_old
Yeah KRZY, what i wrote was my opinion. I wasn't stating facts or anything, even though it sounded like that.

I see Multi accounts as being completely fine in almost all ways, there really isn't much wrong with having a couple of accounts. The problem is when people cheat on them, or get some crazy rank 1 and leave the account to die.
That is one of the reasons why peppy put the rule there, but even so.. the rule feels too strict to me.

KRZY wrote:

The problem is that this insanely easy thing does not get done as often as it should in this community.
A small group of experienced players is all it takes to get rid of the "bad" Multi accounts. And like i said before, opinion.
KRZY
I see, no problems.

Chaotic wrote:

KRZY wrote:

A small group of experienced players is all it takes to get rid of the "bad" Multi accounts. And like i said before, opinion.
I completely agree with you, but this has been suggested and denied before. Sad :<
dvorak_old
If there is perfect algorithm to find difference between multi account and comupter sharing or family,
this will be implemented eventually.

Also we should not use human-power to solve this problem.

All what we can do now is make/write down good algorithm for it.
Zetta
I have an idea to get rid of multi accounts.

The top 40 players on osu simply just beat their scores on every song.

Problem. Solved.
Ephemeral
this is a pertinent issue i see, but the approach from most people in this thread isn't really helping things.

a team designed to sit down and figure out who are multi accounts will never work. like dvorak said, the only way to address this problem is through technology, and we already have some pretty neat stuff in place. we know who the multis are, it's just dealing with them that is the issue.

!multi was disabled because it was unhelpful. !multi rarely (if ever) provided information that would help us detect multi-accounts. it was too easy to fool and has since been replaced with the automated system that i mentioned earlier.

i can't actually say what is going to happen, but rest assured that something is happening. that account standing thing in your profile has something to do with it.
Zetta

Ephemeral wrote:

this is a pertinent issue i see, but the approach from most people in this thread isn't really helping things.

a team designed to sit down and figure out who are multi accounts will never work. like dvorak said, the only way to address this problem is through technology, and we already have some pretty neat stuff in place. we know who the multis are, it's just dealing with them that is the issue.

!multi was disabled because it was unhelpful. !multi rarely (if ever) provided information that would help us detect multi-accounts. it was too easy to fool and has since been replaced with the automated system that i mentioned earlier.

i can't actually say what is going to happen, but rest assured that something is happening. that account standing thing in your profile has something to do with it.
Will this new solution be implemented fairy soon or when osz2 is released? I mean we're all fairly aware that a LOT of the new osu features are going to come during osz2 but we really have absolutely zero timeframe for when it's actually going to be here. I mean it could be in a month, it could be in 2 years.
Waryas
What would be funny is making the multi appear in profile, even though it's not banned it'll be some kind of public shame.
KRZY

JesusYamato wrote:

What would be funny is making the multi appear in profile, even though it's not banned it'll be some kind of public shame.
I'm all for this.