:roll:
Topic Starter
Shael_old

Ibuki Suika wrote:

Plz make a clear concept to "multi accounts"
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13223

(ONLY EXAMPLE NOW)

I could count about 10 people who are taking space as multi account or multiple account and take 2 spots
jameskong1

Shael wrote:

Ibuki Suika wrote:

Plz make a clear concept to "multi accounts"

(ONLY EXAMPLE NOW)

I could count about 10 people who are taking space as multi account or multiple account and take 2 spots
then go ahead :)
Wishy
I don't get it, there are "pro players" using several accounts for getting multiple spots in some songs? Afaik that's a bannable offense since when you register you sign that you're creating your first account...
Topic Starter
Shael_old
If you can read, I said we don't want to point out who is multi or who is not, we want a peaceful suggestion, please read before posting.
Neruell

peppy wrote:

You are all being a bit immature here. Multi-accounting is not "cheating". That said, there is already an automated system in place to detect these accounts, but there is no simple way of taking action. If I was to ban all multis today, I would receive thousands of emails in 10s of langauges that I don't speak. Following them up would result in reasons like "they are my sibling" (which may or may not be true), "I can't read english so didn't know the rule" (which I can't argue) etc.

How about you think a bit from both sides of the argument before posting?

Bottom line: I do care but I am still figuring the best way to handle the situation. For the time being multi accounting is frowned upon (and strictly checked and forbidden in tournaments etc.) but not banned.

I took this from an other topic about multi-accounts that was made about a month ago.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

Neruell wrote:

peppy wrote:

You are all being a bit immature here. Multi-accounting is not "cheating". That said, there is already an automated system in place to detect these accounts, but there is no simple way of taking action. If I was to ban all multis today, I would receive thousands of emails in 10s of langauges that I don't speak. Following them up would result in reasons like "they are my sibling" (which may or may not be true), "I can't read english so didn't know the rule" (which I can't argue) etc.

Bottom line: I do care but I am still figuring the best way to handle the situation. For the time being multi accounting is frowned upon (and strictly checked and forbidden in tournaments etc.) but not banned.

I took this from an other topic about multi-accounts that was made about a month ago.
What I was asking for is not to ban them, but to just clear it since they just play a week/day and just let the account rot there
TKiller
Don't you see that that would arise a shitshtorm of a comparable size as if all multis were simply deleted?
Topic Starter
Shael_old

TKiller wrote:

Don't you see that that would arise a shitshtorm of a comparable size as if all multis were simply deleted?
I do, but they should realize it wasn't allowed in first place
Neruell
I doubt that this problem will be solved in the near future but I am sure people who are responsible for that try their best to solve it and unless someone really has a concrete plan of how to solve this problem once and for all people shouldn't make such topics.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

Neruell wrote:

I doubt that this problem will be solved in the near future but I am sure people who are responsible for that try their best to solve it and unless someone really has a concrete plan of how to solve this problem once and for all people shouldn't make such topics.
You're probally right
lkjl23
Topic Starter
Shael_old

NeverDie wrote:

Why don't you stop sucking so you can beat the scores. If you had the skill in the first place to score top 40 easily, I'm sure you wouldn't be here complaining. Consider it a blessing since we don't have to deal with cheaters. At least they're legit scores.
I'm not saying that they're not legit, I'm saying that it would be much better if you could look @ the scoreboard if you would know most of the people instead of seeing new accounts always

No need to get so voulgar, I don't complain about me sucking, I have a long way to go to call myself "pro"
KRZY

peppy wrote:

The bottom line indeed. Don't wanna criticize you for making such a post, but perhaps you should have done your research :P

Also,

Shael wrote:

I think everyone would agree with me when I say that most songs are domniated by asian multi accounts and it's always getting harder for us to get a decent rating at some songs
This hurts.
Krzysiek
Nothing can be done about it. I'd like to see more competetive playing as suggested by enhancing multiplayer mode.

Regarding "dem Asians" x-D...

Total: 792,245 players.

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/countryranking
Asian countries players = 560,099 ~= 70% of whole players.

Yeah, it's more likely to see Asian multiaccount I guess ^^.
Neruell

KRZY wrote:

Also,

Shael wrote:

I think everyone would agree with me when I say that most songs are domniated by asian multi accounts and it's always getting harder for us to get a decent rating at some songs
This hurts.

Truth always does... although don't know why but from my experiance almost no one else except asians play such games in the first place, which is kind of sad that no one except them show interest to this genre.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

KRZY wrote:

peppy wrote:

The bottom line indeed. Don't wanna criticize you for making such a post, but perhaps you should have done your research :P

Also,

Shael wrote:

This hurts.
Sorry for putting it like that, didn't mean to
Waryas
most of these multi are just "reroll" because they grew tired of their old name.
Ibuki Suika

Shael wrote:

(ONLY EXAMPLE NOW)

I mean "Distinction Method"
Who is multi account? who is single account?
Not you say "he is multi account" so he is
This requires a standard
However, the discussion would be very complicated

But first you need to make this rule
When the user meets what conditions, scores will be cleared?

maybe it's the biggest trouble for ppy....
Waryas
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53621
Was locked so expect the same to happen.
intermu

Krzysiek wrote:

Nothing can be done about it. I'd like to see more competetive playing as suggested by enhancing multiplayer mode.

Well, here we go.

All the WAAH WAAH ASIANS thing do irk me sometimes.

top 10:

How many non-Asians compared to Asians? I don't like how because the majority doesn't speak English you find the audacity to lump us in. What about, you know, multi accounts that do not originate from Asia?

Oh wait, nope, since they're not taking up the scoreboard they're fine.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

intermu wrote:

Krzysiek wrote:

Well, here we go.

All the WAAH WAAH ASIANS thing do irk me sometimes.

top 10:

How many non-Asians compared to Asians? I don't like how because the majority doesn't speak English you find the audacity to lump us in. What about, you know, multi accounts that do not originate from Asia?

Oh wait, nope, since they're not taking up the scoreboard they're fine.
No, it's not, but having a nice discussion about this is the only thing I only asked for, solving this peacefully
intermu
But you're making the topic without any way to implement the "clearing of scores". No way to identify which ones are classified as multi. This is like "Does anyone else agree multi accounts taking up scoreboard accounts suck?"

Yes, the most of us probably do think the same way, but you know, if you're the one shouting out first, you should probably have the courage to actually point out some clear, tangible examples of what constitute a multi account and how do you think we should deal with it, because that actually generates discussion rather than "Yeah bro, I don't like 'em."

As things stand, you look like you're just whining and going "Man, if there were no multi accounts things would be so nice." without any thought into it whatsoever, and I don't think we need a topic for whining.
Krzysiek
1. Multiaccounts ARE troublesome.
2. There's no clear way to distinct multiaccount.
3. I just provided statistic data so don't shoot that fireball in this direction lol x-D.
4. Some experiences from CtB guy: I've known only one multiacc dude who was going for my #1s and he was South Korean.
5. One person from point 4 is not enough to provide any meaningful summary.

Pure facts -> let's use them.
intermu

Krzysiek wrote:

1. Multiaccounts ARE troublesome.
2. There's no clear way to distinct multiaccount.
3. I just provided statistic data so don't shoot that fireball in this direction lol x-D.
4. Some experiences from CtB guy: I've known only one multiacc dude who was going for my #1s and he was South Korean.
5. One person from point 4 is not enough to provide any meaningful summary.

Pure facts -> let's use them.
I was quoting you to actually point out that you are correct, the whole post wasn't intended to you, soz bro.
Krzysiek
K np :-).
Topic Starter
Shael_old

intermu wrote:

But you're making the topic without any way to implement the "clearing of scores". No way to identify which ones are classified as multi. This is like "Does anyone else agree multi accounts taking up scoreboard accounts suck?"

Yes, the most of us probably do think the same way, but you know, if you're the one shouting out first, you should probably have the courage to actually point out some clear, tangible examples of what constitute a multi account and how do you think we should deal with it, because that actually generates discussion rather than "Yeah bro, I don't like 'em."

As things stand, you look like you're just whining and going "Man, if there were no multi accounts things would be so nice." without any thought into it whatsoever, and I don't think we need a topic for whining.
Like I already said, I don't want to point who is a multi or whoever is the original user, we don't need that stuff because most of it is plain obvious.

Yes, maybe it sounds like I'm whining, but my point stands still, and the thread was only for the purpose of finding a solution TOGETHER where everyone would be ok with, not to point fingers to eachother and start a flame war

And if you're reading the title, there's my idea already.
KRZY

Shael wrote:

intermu wrote:

Like I already said, I don't want to point who is a multi or whoever is the original user, we don't need that stuff because most of it is plain obvious.

Yes, maybe it sounds like I'm whining, but my point stands still, and the thread was only for the purpose of finding a solution TOGETHER where everyone would be ok with, not to point fingers to eachother and start a flame war

And if you're reading the title, there's my idea already.

And now you see these kinds of threads are meaningless. You (and I) can be 99.9% sure that a certain account is a multiaccount, yet to purge its scores you need "definite proof" in the eyes of the game dev, because there is always that 0.1% chance that peppy might have to answer for. And frankly, account deletion is a very serious business.

I think peppy has made it clear that he is working on it, (and mind you, he is the game dev, he has tricks up his sleeves we won't even dream about) so we don't need to be on his back.

I like your intent, but truth is it's not really necessary.
Topic Starter
Shael_old
Alright if it's like that, thread can be closed.

Thanks everyone who readed the thread and gave a good thoughd to it
Wishy
Thing is sometimes a random account appears and from the first day it starts getting top scores on Insane maps, which should mean instant... ban/clear scores/whatever since, again, you sign that's your first account when it isn't. Thing is that seriously, I don't want to engage into a flamewars but the whole banning/control system is a joke, this guy has his scores already and it's DAMN OBVIOUS it's a cheater, he played for a day and got impossible plays, like seriously it's so damn easy to record what you're doing and then accelerate it x1.5 to do ANY DT you want (well I don't know how to do it, but I guess there's software for that and it's doable), looks like that's legal and it's only a matter of time until more people starts doing it more frenquently (if they're not already), same with Flashlight since, even when I respect players like Lybydose or Azura since they get some epic FL scores, some others just go out of the blue and get many FL scores per day like it's nothing. (And it isn't like they play 4 maps a day, 3 hs each)

The whole thing is damn hard to control, from the point the community is too big for only peppy or maybe him and 2 guys checking out on every report (and I'm sure a 95% of them are QQ from noobs who lost their #1), and the game is so damn easy to cheat and, in most cases, like FL ones, you can't really be 100% certain the guy is cheating, which by peppy standars means no ban.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

Wishy22 wrote:

Thing is sometimes a random account appears and from the first day it starts getting top scores on Insane maps, which should mean instant... ban/clear scores/whatever since, again, you sign that's your first account when it isn't. Thing is that seriously, I don't want to engage into a flamewars but the whole banning/control system is a joke, this guy has his scores already and it's DAMN OBVIOUS it's a cheater, he played for a day and got impossible plays, like seriously it's so damn easy to record what you're doing and then accelerate it x1.5 to do ANY DT you want (well I don't know how to do it, but I guess there's software for that and it's doable), looks like that's legal and it's only a matter of time until more people starts doing it more frenquently (if they're not already), same with Flashlight since, even when I respect players like Lybydose or Azura since they get some epic FL scores, some others just go out of the blue and get many FL scores per day like it's nothing. (And it isn't like they play 4 maps a day, 3 hs each)

The whole thing is damn hard to control, from the point the community is too big for only peppy or maybe him and 2 guys checking out on every report (and I'm sure a 95% of them are QQ from noobs who lost their #1), and the game is so damn easy to cheat and, in most cases, like FL ones, you can't really be 100% certain the guy is cheating, which by peppy standars means no ban.
Exactly my point, but it seems like most people here have a problem with what they agree'd with.. no clue why
Neruell
I personally don't have any real problem with multiaccounts unless they are "hacking" (but those people get mostly banned pretty fast) and not just someone with a different name playing for "fun", since it is not really such a big issue to other problems that must be solved before encountering this problem.
Yakety Saxer
While I do think, multiple accounts should not be permitted.

The problem is that detecting these accounts, I mean sure it's obvious if they pass Insane maps on the first play, but even then, how can we 100.00% prove that it is a multi account, maybe the person is just naturally good at Rhythm Games.

Even then, the same IP problem can be countered with the same old 'Brother/Sister' rubbish and there's no way to disprove it :/ Of course I'm pretty sure Peppy has a few tricks up his sleeve that are kept highly classified.
Wishy
You can't be 100% certain about nothing. You can go do Made of Fire (Oni) with all Mods and nobody can say you cheated with a 100% chance since it's possible that you just clicked randomly and got the FC, chances are astronomical but still possible. I know it's a damn extreme and ridiculous situation, but you get my point.
Cheer-no
The staff team already knows which accounts are multis (unless they were clever enough to use a proxy or something).

From the thread that JesusYamato linked:

peppy wrote:

Yakety Saxer

Cheer-no wrote:

The staff team already knows which accounts are multis (unless they were clever enough to use a proxy or something).

From the thread that JesusYamato linked:

peppy wrote:

Even with Proxies or VPNs or whatever, there are still ways of analysing who is a multi account and not, for instance play style, chat style. Its alot harder yes, but knowing Peppy and the other devs, they know what they are doing.

And as Peppy said, he is figuring the best way to handle it. We just have to wait and see and be patient.
Waryas
Yea they can detect multi account with voodoo magics (mac addr, computer name, ip, machine guid, msn convo etc..)
Neruell

JesusYamato wrote:

Yea they can detect multi account with voodoo magics (mac addr, computer name, ip, machine guid, msn convo etc..)
2 Players on 1 pc :p not everyone is rich for personal computer xD
Ijah_old

Neruell wrote:

JesusYamato wrote:

In that instance obviously the playstyle would differ between the two.
Neruell

Ijah wrote:

Neruell wrote:

In that instance obviously the playstyle would differ between the two.
I doubt that someone can really "differ" the playstyle (unless you really copy 1:1 something but then it's macro). (I don't talk about accounts with 1 playcount fcing emerald sword with hr+ hd) If you really want to hide something (concerning multi-account), you will. Even if not, there are tons of ways to find an excuse for that. I doubt that there can be real prove for that unless you yourself go to that person and see it with your own eyes.
show more