forum

Cleaning scoreboard of multi accounts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shael_old
Hello everyone,

I think everyone would agree with me when I say that most songs are domniated by asian multi accounts and it's always getting harder for us to get a decent rating at some songs

what i'm asking is not to delete multi accounts or whatever, just clear their scores so people who play legit have a chance to get into ranking also

What do you think about this idea and do you agree with me?

Best Regards

EDIT : Please don't point out who is multi account and so on in this thread, we want a peaceful solution, thank you.
Scane
nice one shael, i totally support your suggestion
Sup A Noob
If we were to do that, the first step would be to identify the multi accounts which were created just to be in the rankings. It will be a very difficult and painful job, because that'd mean having to check every single multi-account out there in the world.

However much I support this notion, it's hard to see this fall through.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

If we were to do that, the first step would be to identify the multi accounts which were created just to be in the rankings. It will be a very difficult and painful job, because that'd mean having to check every single multi-account out there in the world.

However much I support this notion, it's hard to see this fall through.

It would be easy to spot most of them imo, the ones that are just for bypassing download limit and so on would be abit harder I think
Ibuki Suika
Plz make a clear concept to "multi accounts"
:roll:
Topic Starter
Shael_old

Ibuki Suika wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13223

(ONLY EXAMPLE NOW)

I could count about 10 people who are taking space as multi account or multiple account and take 2 spots
jameskong1

Shael wrote:

Ibuki Suika wrote:

(ONLY EXAMPLE NOW)

I could count about 10 people who are taking space as multi account or multiple account and take 2 spots
then go ahead :)
Wishy
I don't get it, there are "pro players" using several accounts for getting multiple spots in some songs? Afaik that's a bannable offense since when you register you sign that you're creating your first account...
Topic Starter
Shael_old
If you can read, I said we don't want to point out who is multi or who is not, we want a peaceful suggestion, please read before posting.
Neruell

peppy wrote:

You are all being a bit immature here. Multi-accounting is not "cheating". That said, there is already an automated system in place to detect these accounts, but there is no simple way of taking action. If I was to ban all multis today, I would receive thousands of emails in 10s of langauges that I don't speak. Following them up would result in reasons like "they are my sibling" (which may or may not be true), "I can't read english so didn't know the rule" (which I can't argue) etc.

How about you think a bit from both sides of the argument before posting?

Bottom line: I do care but I am still figuring the best way to handle the situation. For the time being multi accounting is frowned upon (and strictly checked and forbidden in tournaments etc.) but not banned.

I took this from an other topic about multi-accounts that was made about a month ago.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

Neruell wrote:

peppy wrote:

You are all being a bit immature here. Multi-accounting is not "cheating". That said, there is already an automated system in place to detect these accounts, but there is no simple way of taking action. If I was to ban all multis today, I would receive thousands of emails in 10s of langauges that I don't speak. Following them up would result in reasons like "they are my sibling" (which may or may not be true), "I can't read english so didn't know the rule" (which I can't argue) etc.

How about you think a bit from both sides of the argument before posting?

Bottom line: I do care but I am still figuring the best way to handle the situation. For the time being multi accounting is frowned upon (and strictly checked and forbidden in tournaments etc.) but not banned.

I took this from an other topic about multi-accounts that was made about a month ago.
What I was asking for is not to ban them, but to just clear it since they just play a week/day and just let the account rot there
TKiller
Don't you see that that would arise a shitshtorm of a comparable size as if all multis were simply deleted?
Topic Starter
Shael_old

TKiller wrote:

Don't you see that that would arise a shitshtorm of a comparable size as if all multis were simply deleted?
I do, but they should realize it wasn't allowed in first place
Neruell
I doubt that this problem will be solved in the near future but I am sure people who are responsible for that try their best to solve it and unless someone really has a concrete plan of how to solve this problem once and for all people shouldn't make such topics.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

Neruell wrote:

I doubt that this problem will be solved in the near future but I am sure people who are responsible for that try their best to solve it and unless someone really has a concrete plan of how to solve this problem once and for all people shouldn't make such topics.
You're probally right
lkjl23
Topic Starter
Shael_old

NeverDie wrote:

Why don't you stop sucking so you can beat the scores. If you had the skill in the first place to score top 40 easily, I'm sure you wouldn't be here complaining. Consider it a blessing since we don't have to deal with cheaters. At least they're legit scores.
I'm not saying that they're not legit, I'm saying that it would be much better if you could look @ the scoreboard if you would know most of the people instead of seeing new accounts always

No need to get so voulgar, I don't complain about me sucking, I have a long way to go to call myself "pro"
KRZY

peppy wrote:

The bottom line indeed. Don't wanna criticize you for making such a post, but perhaps you should have done your research :P

Also,

Shael wrote:

I think everyone would agree with me when I say that most songs are domniated by asian multi accounts and it's always getting harder for us to get a decent rating at some songs
This hurts.
Krzysiek
Nothing can be done about it. I'd like to see more competetive playing as suggested by enhancing multiplayer mode.

Regarding "dem Asians" x-D...

Total: 792,245 players.

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/countryranking
Asian countries players = 560,099 ~= 70% of whole players.

Yeah, it's more likely to see Asian multiaccount I guess ^^.
Neruell

KRZY wrote:

Also,

Shael wrote:

This hurts.

Truth always does... although don't know why but from my experiance almost no one else except asians play such games in the first place, which is kind of sad that no one except them show interest to this genre.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

KRZY wrote:

peppy wrote:

The bottom line indeed. Don't wanna criticize you for making such a post, but perhaps you should have done your research :P

Also,

Shael wrote:

This hurts.
Sorry for putting it like that, didn't mean to
Waryas
most of these multi are just "reroll" because they grew tired of their old name.
Ibuki Suika

Shael wrote:

(ONLY EXAMPLE NOW)

I mean "Distinction Method"
Who is multi account? who is single account?
Not you say "he is multi account" so he is
This requires a standard
However, the discussion would be very complicated

But first you need to make this rule
When the user meets what conditions, scores will be cleared?

maybe it's the biggest trouble for ppy....
Waryas
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53621
Was locked so expect the same to happen.
intermu

Krzysiek wrote:

Nothing can be done about it. I'd like to see more competetive playing as suggested by enhancing multiplayer mode.

Well, here we go.

All the WAAH WAAH ASIANS thing do irk me sometimes.

top 10:

How many non-Asians compared to Asians? I don't like how because the majority doesn't speak English you find the audacity to lump us in. What about, you know, multi accounts that do not originate from Asia?

Oh wait, nope, since they're not taking up the scoreboard they're fine.
Topic Starter
Shael_old

intermu wrote:

Krzysiek wrote:

Well, here we go.

All the WAAH WAAH ASIANS thing do irk me sometimes.

top 10:

How many non-Asians compared to Asians? I don't like how because the majority doesn't speak English you find the audacity to lump us in. What about, you know, multi accounts that do not originate from Asia?

Oh wait, nope, since they're not taking up the scoreboard they're fine.
No, it's not, but having a nice discussion about this is the only thing I only asked for, solving this peacefully
show more