forum

Team 1v1 osu! Tournament 10k-40k [Concluded]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Redavor

Ladies, gentlemen and aliens that press circles; welcome to the Team 1v1 osu! Tournament! This will start on the 11th of March 2017 and should be over by approximately the 15th of April.

Trying out a different team tournament format, with some original (at least I think so) ideas. Hope you'll like it and I'd love to hear some feedback.

We currently have 16/16 teams registered.
Good luck to all teams!

Got all the staff I needed, thank you very much. ^^

Rules
SPOILER
This is a 1v1 team tournament (continue reading), Team VS, Score V2, double elimination tournament.
An osu!standard tournament that is open to all countries globally.
The maximum number of teams we will accept is 16. Team entry is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The rank limit your team must be within the time of registration to be accepted must be between #10,000 to #40,000. We will update the rank limit once the registration ends, but you need to be within the limit until it ends, not just at the time of registration. 500 ranks over and 2000 under is still acceptable (#9500 - #42000).
Teams will be seeded in a way that allows matches to be scheduled properly.
There will be a new mappool for every round: Round of 16 is a BO7 (first to 4), quarterfinals and semifinals are BO9 (first to 5), finals and grandfinals are BO11 (first to 6). Maps’ star rating will largely depend on your team’s progress to the tournament (roughly starting at 4.5 stars, to 5.8 stars max.) We will specify which mappool to use when in the general spreadsheet.
Schedules will be done for each team separately, but everyone should play on the same day.
We’ll try to stream everything. No promises though. Twitch link is provided at the important links above.
ALL announcements will be made on the Discord server, so we highly advise for you to check frequently for updates happening. EVERYTHING will be posted in the discord, tournament-wise, and nowhere else. Find the link for the server in the important links section above.
We have the option to refuse players who have suspicious account details. Some suspicious accounts may include(s): newly created account with awkwardly high pp growth, weirdly spaced pp plays, and/or accounts with restricted/banned status. We will check player profiles constantly.
All other questions will always refer here as a guide, or ask one of the admins in the Discord server.
Tournament structure
SPOILER
This tournament is a 1v1 Team Tournament. How does that work, you ask? Here, let me explain.
All teams are made out of 4 players. No more, no less. When registration ends and teams are set, the said teams will be put in a bracket together with other teams that can be scheduled together nicely.
All matches will include a referee and they will lead the match. In the match itself, all available team members should be present, although only 1 from each team can be playing at once.
After playing warmups and banning their respectful maps, the winner of the roll selects a map to play and a member of the team to play it. The other team also selects a member to play the map and the match begins.
The map is played out and the winner of the map gains a point for their team.
The loser of the map can NOT play anymore in this match.
The team that lost the map now picks their map and a new player to play it.
The winner of the previous map MUST continue playing, no matter which map was picked.
This continues until one team’s members are all defeated. The team with still undefeated members wins.
In later matches, the games will become more than a BO7 (first to 4), so “reviving” will be implemented.
In a BO9 (first to 5), one player, after they’ve been defeated once, can be revived and selected to play again. The above rules come into play again.
In a BO11 (first to 6), two players, after they’ve been defeated once, can be revived and selected to play again. The same player can’t be revived twice in the same match. The above rules come into play again.
Match structure
SPOILER
The tournament matches will ALL include referees. The referees will create the rooms and invite the teams they are assigned to. The players must join the room at the appointed time and play out their match. The referee will post the result with the multiplayer link in the #results channel in the Discord server.

1. Referee creates and sets up the room appropriately
2. Players join and captains !roll for points
3. Winner of !roll selects first warmup
4. Loser of !roll selects second warmup
5. Loser of !roll bans first map
6. Winner of !roll bans second map
7. Loser of !roll bans third map
8. Winner of !roll bans fourth map
9. Winner of !roll picks first map
10. Loser of the previous map picks next map
11. Picking process is repeated until a team has no more available players
12. Tiebreaker is played, if necessary
Schedule
SPOILER
14.2.2017 Start of registration
3.3.2017 23:59 GMT End of registration
11.3.2017 Round of 16
12.3.2017 Losers round 1
18.3.2017 Quarterfinals
19.3.2017 Losers round 2
26.3.2017 Losers round 3
1.4.2017 Semifinals
2.4.2017 Losers round 4
8.4.2017 Finals and Losers round 5
9.4.2017 Losers finals
15.4.2017 Grand finals

All matches will be played during the weekends, so make sure that you’re available.
Mappool
SPOILER
There will be 4 mappools. Each round gets a new mappool.
The mappools will be made out of 6 No Mods, 3 HD's, 3 HR's, 3 DT's, 3 FM's and 1 TB. In every pool, two bans per team are allowed.

First mappool will be announed after the end of registrations. (4.3.2017)
How to sign up
To sign up, you MUST understand how the tourney works and abide by its rules. We will do our best to schedule you a proper time, but if it still doesn’t fit for you, you will have to do the rescheduling yourselves. After reading all of that up there, you must understand what you're getting into and being prepared to dedicate yourself to it.
To sign up, fill out this form with your team members and their ranks and comment below with it.
[b][u]Team Name[/u][/b]
[b]Captain[/b] #
[u]Vice-captain[/u] #
Player #1 #
Player #2 #
20 characters is the limit for the team name.
Unless these conditions are met, your registration will NOT be succesful.

This is an example of how your registration should look like:
Boosh
Redavor #42k
DomenBzo #47k
ErroTheCube #36k
TomBoBotSer #25k

If you do NOT have a team and would still like to participate, you’re welcome to join the Discord server and try to form a team from the members in there. You can try signing up solo or with incomplete teams, but you will only be added to the server as a person who wishes to participate. On the server you can get other people for your team and fill it out.
For any and all questions, you can shoot them at me in the comments or on the Discord server.
Topic Starter
Redavor
Congratulations to the winners, To be determined. *clapping sounds*
And thank you to all teams and players that participated and to all the staff members that helped during this tourney. My sincere thank you to you all.

1st Place
To be determined

2nd Place
We are #1, but we're actually trash

3rd Place
YNWA

4th Place
asd

5th Place
Ilias
Team Kanpan

7th Place
Anime Tiddles
Ribbit

9th Place
Below Average
Henttai Lovers
NoSkinNoWin
Tsunami

13th Place
Amai Akumu
Carry Neko-chan
Jeci
Team Rocket & Knuckles
Obilitus
Can I make a team too? :D
Topic Starter
Redavor

Obilitus wrote:

Can I make a team too? :D
Sure, staff can play as long as they're not an admin or a mappool selector.
Chordsy
I'm in, hope I can develop a team
Chordsy
Amai Akumu
Alaeck #31k
PCBetaphish #11k
Immabeastmo #33k
TripleMehXL #41k
MyWaifuChino
Someone let me join your team.....
I want to play here too
Topic Starter
Redavor

MyWaifuChino wrote:

I want to play here too
Get into the Discord and make a team here.
Topic Starter
Redavor
Changed original post so you can register solo/incomplete teams as well.
TomBoBotSer
Anime Tiddles
TomBoBotSer #20K
Zuexar #12K
PhantomHunt3r #8800
Volvo pl0x #10K
akirakai18

MyWaifuChino wrote:

I want to play here too
Chin, bareng mau? >.<
Akito
asd
-Akito #27k
Yunera #12k
Vex #9551
ProAtBeingAKid #13k
-jordan-
We are #1, but we're actually trash
-Jordan- #10.2k
OzzyOzborne #9.8k
[ M e a k u ] #14k
flopsycat #38.5k
TheNinja729
Team Kanpan
TheNinja729 #20k
Read More #11k
Bissas #41k
Shinigiwa #16k
DivineRose
Can someone send me the discord link or tell me how to get it
DivineRose
Zeusy
ZeusySenpai #12k
Vice-captain #
ZeusySenpai # 12k
Player #2 #
KingBranBran
Team Rocket & Knuckles
KingBranBran #25k
InfinityGhost #30k
Wee #37k
WeebWoofWolf #26k
Misery
I like the way how Redavor writes the rules. :^)
Topic Starter
Redavor

[- Mizki -] wrote:

I like the way how Redavor writes the rules. :^)
shaddup
SubParGaming
Tsunami
SubParGaming #11k
HypAXis #19k
Yamagsumi #12k
LXShade #16k
CaptainShrimps
To be determined
Chairman Zhao #10k
THESYRUPKIDD #15k
Malikil #16k