posted
Total Posts
show more
sweetbravery
can I join?
sweetbravery
Rank #18k
lenpai
I've always been interested to try out taiko but never had the dedication maybe this will push me.

WillCookie
i would like to get better at taiko
IGN: WillCookie
zigizigiefe
Seems nice :D
Seolv
Hello, I am very happy to see that you made this tournament for newer players, so I thought that I would join the tournament, since I really wanna get into Taiko
Phillow
Username: Phillow
LeFlowerpot
i'm trash at taiko but i'll join anyway
User: LeFlowerpot
Skonyee
Hey it looks like i have to play againt Fortune500 but how is it do we get a date when our match is or how is it working?
Yuzeyun
if ya want sum PHAT TASTY mappool help i can give ya a helping hand xemmyDayum
Topic Starter
FlamingRok

Skonyee wrote:

Hey it looks like i have to play againt Fortune500 but how is it do we get a date when our match is or how is it working?
First off, the brackets aren't official yet. They'll be official on the day of the tourney, where I will message people who they're up against. The mappool goes up on the same day, and the bracket will go on for a week. From there, you arrange a time for your match with your opponent, and then message a referee that time to see if they're available. If not, message a different referee, or myself (I will always be available for a specified time to my dismay occasionally). The bracket goes on for a week.
Minisora
Looks like it's time I learn how to Taiko

Minisora
Rank #53,208
GelZone INSAS
GelZone INSAS
Rank 25581
Topic Starter
FlamingRok
Your plays upon examination are not suitable for this tournament, despite your rank. If your other scores had indeed submitted properly, you'd be well above 10k and 9k. I apologize.
tkdLolly

FlamingRok wrote:

Your plays upon examination are not suitable for this tournament, despite your rank. If your other scores had indeed submitted properly, you'd be well above 10k and 9k. I apologize.
Can someone explain this :o

I am inclined to think that GelZone INSAS's plays miss too much to be considered in calculation, although I haven't calculated the pp myself.

I don't suppose osu! would make any mistakes in pp calculation by now......
M3ddly
Username: M3ddly
Topic Starter
FlamingRok
The tournament has now reached its maximum capacity, and as such, will be closed for registration. For this, I'll give you an outline as to what's going to happen within the next few weeks.

-Tomorrow, I will release the mappool to everyone, as well as who's against who within a PM. You will plan your time to go against each other with your opponent, but the earliest you can go up against your opponent is the day after the mappool is released (in this case, March 1st). When you plan a time, it must be within a day in advance at least. When you have a time that both you and your opponent have agreed upon, message one of the refs about this time. This is to allow proper time for refs to respond back accordingly. If they aren't available, then you may message me. If you message me, I will push you off to a ref that's available. If none are available, only then will I sit in as a replacement ref. If you've failed to plan a time after three days, I will assign a time for you (keep in mind this time might not be to the most convenient to opponents due to varying timezones, hence why I'd rather the players plan out their times for convenience sake).

-The latest you can have your match is on Tuesday, which is the last day of a week and also when I release the next mappool. If you haven't had your match by now, you absolutely need your match in by this time. Failure to do so will result in ejection from the tournament. Do not let it come down to this.

-The tournament itself is now officially held in Double Elimination style thanks to an extension given by osu!tourney! This is officially how the schedule looks with a new two and a half week extension:

March 1st-March 7th: Group Stage
March 8th-March 14th: Post-Group Stage and Loser's Bracket Round 1
March 15th-March 21st: Winner's Bracket Round 3 and Loser's Bracket Round 2
March 22nd-March 28th: Quarterfinals and Loser's Bracket Round 3
March 29th-April 4th: Loser's Bracket Round 4 (using same mappool as Round 3) and Loser's Bracket Round 5 (uses semifinals mappool)
April 5th-April 11th: Semifinals and Loser's Bracket Round 6
April 12th-April 19th: Loser's Bracket Rounds 7 and 8 (both use semifinals mappool)
April 20th-April 26th: Finals

This timeline information will be found on the main post as well.
tkdLolly
hype :lol:

Looking forward to witness matches of the next Taiko legend ;) (maybe, maybe not :P)
Edgar_Figaro

tkdLolly wrote:

hype :lol:

Looking forward to witness matches of the next Taiko legend ;) (maybe, maybe not :P)
I don't think they are streaming the games Lolly but would be interesting to spectate.

Actually that's a good question, with tournament client being available to all does this make it possible to personally spectate a match using tourney client? Or is this sill only meant for tournament staff to use?
Topic Starter
FlamingRok
The idea is with the later matches, I can livestream the matches for people to watch the matches due to having less players, which means less opportunity of conflicting times. The plan was originally during the finals only, but with how long we have osu!tourney for, I can probably livestream at least quarterfinals and above, if not earlier.
uchuuj1n
SCHEDULE YOUR MATCHES PEOPLE
sweetbravery
wish me luck D:
tkdLolly

sweetbravery wrote:

wish me luck D:
wishes sweetbravery luck
tkdLolly
Dear contestants,

The mappool for the second round of Group Stage is now available.

Good luck :oops:
Tidus420
I can Play all Maps with Hidden or Flashlight maybe i win this Tournament : - D practise enough ^^
Greninja
Forgot to say good luck to everyone :D