forum

Fraps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mentalism1
When I am recording with Fraps it wont let me do the whole beatmap of the song. What should I do?
boat
i think you need to *cough* buy it

unregistered version has like a 60 second limit or whatever it was

or get like cumtasia
SugoiReborn
Fraps isn't the ultimate screen recorder O_O
I recommend you to choose CamStudio or Evisoft.
They both work fine (Did I mention they're both absolutly free?)
If you still insist to use Fraps, you can always download a cracked version or even purchase the full version.
Topic Starter
Mentalism1

failboat wrote:

i think you need to *cough* buy it

unregistered version has like a 60 second limit or whatever it was

or get like cumtasia
CUMtasia
SugoiReborn
By the way, If you don't care about the video quality, you can always use SnagIt.
It's the ultimate screen recorder (Not mentioning the final quality).
boat
crack fraps and encode with h264

fraps is more then good enough for videos in 720p even if you have a somewhat low end machine

SugoiReborn wrote:

SnagIt.
no
Vext_old
7777 build *cough*
SugoiReborn

failboat wrote:

crack fraps and encode with h264

fraps is more then good enough for videos in 720p even if you have a somewhat low end machine

SugoiReborn wrote:

SnagIt.
no
I said SnagIt has a crappy quality...
I wouldn't use it, but if quality won't mind him, it'll fit him.
boat

SugoiReborn wrote:

but if quality won't mind him, it'll fit him.
no
SugoiReborn
Well, actually yes.
It's also good with zoom and stuff.
The only crappy thing about it is the quality and some audio problems.
I usually use CamStudio.
boat
why would he want something that has shitty quality and audio problems when he can just use a cracked version of fraps or cumtasia

why get something worse when you can get by far better stuff for the samea mount of effort
SugoiReborn
I only mentioned a side-valuable option. Of course using Fraps, Cumtasia or even CamStudio is a better option...
Mara

SugoiReborn wrote:

Fraps isn't the ultimate screen recorder O_O
I recommend you to choose CamStudio or Evisoft.
WHAT?!
SugoiReborn
Well, Fraps is fine, but it needs to be purchased and it doesn't have the highest quality.
boat

SugoiReborn wrote:

Well, Fraps is fine, but it needs to be purchased and it doesn't have the highest quality.
uh

if you record in full size then the end result is basically the same as you recorded, with minor loss

then encode it with h264, and your osu replays a la 1080p are 100mB~
SugoiReborn
You can make the same results using CamStudio and etc.
And 1080p doesn't always mean anything.
Is the quality HD? HQ? SQ?
boat
wow, are you even aware of what those acronyms actually stand for, and much more importantly, what compression is

and no one ever argued against your camstudio faggotry, you're being pointlessly overly defensive
SugoiReborn
No, I actually asked that XD
I might be kind of noobish, but I still wanna know.
And yeah, I was a bit defensive. Fraps is the best screen recorder.
Though it needs to be purchased, so you must crack it or use some other great screen recorders.
boat
i never claimed fraps to be the best screen recorded jeez

but nor can i be arsed to actually bother comparing it, as its more then enough

fraps records the game with just minor loss, its efficient and that minor loss (that is probably more minor then from most screen/game recorders out there) is totally worth it for how simple it efficient it works

here are videos by me and ippe, both are filmed and encoded the same way (not sure if the exact same resolution tho
do watch in 720p

i certainly don't see why you'd need more for a video on youtube

the lag is merely due to both of us having somewhat low end machines
Mara
This thread is so full of derpityherp. Just sayin'.
Haseo_old
Doesn't Fraps have a limit on recording time?
Hernan
No, it doesn't, and even if it had, it would be irrelevant when speaking of Osu! replays. Fraps has a size limit of 4gbs as far as I know, after 4gbs it just starts recording a new video and you can put every video together without losing any frame.
Crakila
Fraps 30fps Full Res
Edit in Camtasia 7.
Render
Upload .mp4
Be happy!

Quality on mine is bad because I need a new computer
IppE

failboat wrote:

fraps records the game with just minor loss, its efficient and that minor loss (that is probably more minor then from most screen/game recorders out there) is totally worth it for how simple it efficient it works
The only loss of quality that the FPS1 format has comes from the conversion from RGB24 to YUY2.
Which itself is trivial as they end up having even lower chroma subsampling in the form of YV12 in Youtube.

Ahegaokin wrote:

Doesn't Fraps have a limit on recording time?
The trial has a 30 second limit per recording, but the full version has no limits.

And the 4GB filesize limit is because making .avi files larger than that has its own issues.
Topic Starter
Mentalism1

SugoiReborn wrote:

By the way, If you don't care about the video quality, you can always use SnagIt.
It's the ultimate screen recorder (Not mentioning the final quality).
Can the audio be recorded with it
Topic Starter
Mentalism1
[quote="Ahegaokin"]Doesn't Fraps have a limit on recording time?[/quo
THATS WHAT I JUST SAID
Rena-chan

SugoiReborn wrote:

You can make the same results using CamStudio and etc.
And 1080p doesn't always mean anything.
Is the quality HD? HQ? SQ?
A-hem. Fraps will record any resolution up to 2560x1600 in full frames, meaning you get the same result as if you take screenshots with <whatever framerate> and save them all as PNGs. That is, assuming you're doing full size recordings.

And you do realize that HD doesn't have anything at all to do with quality, right ?
It's short for High Definition and is used to group "HD" resolutions, such as 1280x720 (720p) and 1920x1080 (1080i, 1080p).

However, Fraps is 1. not a screen recorder, and 2. probably not the best one out there, despite being the most popular.

First off, it does not record your screen. It records DirectX things, these mostly being games (obviously).
Second, it has the same 4GB filesize limit as FAT32 does. Why it still has this, I have no clue, seeing as NTFS supports larger files just fine.

Now then, back on topic.

@Mentalism1:
The trial version of Fraps has a 30second limit on recordings, and you need to either buy or pirate it to do longer recordings.
IppE

Rena-chan wrote:

A-hem. Fraps will record any resolution up to 2560x1600 in full frames, meaning you get the same result as if you take screenshots with <whatever framerate> and save them all as PNGs. That is, assuming you're doing full size recordings.
Well not exactly, as the proprietary FPS1 codec uses YUY2 colorspace, the quality isn't 100% the same. Not that you'd notice any differences with a regular NT based LCD screen...
Rena-chan

IppE602 wrote:

[
Well not exactly, as the proprietary FPS1 codec uses YUY2 colorspace, the quality isn't 100% the same. Not that you'd notice any differences with a regular NT based LCD screen...
Hush, you. Stop being smarter than me !

That's cheating. :(