forum

How to be good with that damn spinning wheels?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old
I see some people spin them like crazy yet i can only manage do 1k in short spins and from 5 to 9k in longer ones... So any tips for spinning that damn wheels ?
Jarby
Practice.
boat
spin faster
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old

failboat wrote:

spin faster
I'm spinning my mouse like crazy and it's slow like hell D:
dNextGen
y u so nub
TKiller
spinners suck
mm201
Center and press harder
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old

mm201 wrote:

Center and press harder
It's hard to keep the cursor at center while spinning... usually for me it's at the edge of screen spinning D: But I'm noting that.
Corin
Yeah... I spin 460+...
Get a tablet then you can LOLSPINSPINSPIN... :D
Kyonko Hizara
practice practice practice practice
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old

Corin wrote:

Yeah... I spin 460+...
I have a tablet... but i don't want to destroy it playing osu... It's wacom tablet D:

Beside on tablet i don't know where to 'poke' it if i don't see the image of where I'm poking. With mouse it's different.
boat

Emiya Shiro wrote:

Corin wrote:

Yeah... I spin 460+...
I have a tablet... but i don't want to destroy it playing osu... It's wacom tablet D:

Beside on tablet i don't know where to 'poke' it if i don't see the image of where I'm poking. With mouse it's different.
a bamboo wont break for at the very least two years of really intensive playing

albeit you will have to buy new pen nibs
Vext_old
Tablets are made for pressure scratching and scraping. That's like saying I won't buy eba because I don't wanna break my ds with all that tapping.
boat
my chair will break if i sit down too much

stand forever
whymeman
Sometimes, it depends on how good your reflexes are for how fast you can spin a spinner (accurately in circles). If your reflexes are not that good or you have a bad arm, then those would be another difficulty to deal with. It's easy to watch the replay of someone spinning about +470, but you would have to imagine how much effort was put into that speed.
s 8 n
least i know now when i smash my tablet it wont break :3.
awp

Emiya Shiro wrote:

Corin wrote:

Yeah... I spin 460+...
it's not a good idea to touch the tablet with the pen when playing anyway. Hover about half an inch above the tablet and use keyboard keys for your taps. Can pro spin
A8mew

whymeman wrote:

It's easy to watch the replay of someone spinning about +470, but you would have to imagine how much effort was put into that speed.
So what you're saying is we should all install little spinny platforms under our tablets that activate once a spinner appears on screen, and just hold the pen over it?

BRILLIANT!
Corin

awp wrote:

Corin wrote:

Yeah... I spin 460+...
it's not a good idea to touch the tablet with the pen when playing anyway. Hover about half an inch above the tablet and use keyboard keys for your taps. Can pro spin
TabletPC user here so it's not to bad, only thing I need to keep up on is stylus tips, thats about it :/
Haneii
hover your pen in small tight circles near the centre while holding z or x (or whatever key on your keyboard you have it set to)
Nekoroll

failboat wrote:

Emiya Shiro wrote:

a bamboo wont break for at the very least two years of really intensive playing

albeit you will have to buy new pen nibs
I've only been playing osu for a little over a year and my intuos3's plastic sheet shows wear in the area that I spin at since it's the only time my pen ever touches the tablet. My nibs are still perfect however. I'm not sure if it's the same case with Bamboos.

:( Poor plastic sheet. Any other Wacom users experience this?

boat

that spot in the middle is the result of about 8000 plays

then i switched to mouse because its more comfortable imo
Azure_Kite

Vext wrote:

Tablets are made for pressure scratching and scraping. That's like saying I won't buy eba because I don't wanna break my ds with all that tapping.
boat
but its not broken now is it

the plastic sheet over it can most likely be replaced too

i doubt that there is no protective screen over the touch screen itself

and even if it did break, then so what, whats the point of the game if you aren't going to play it in fear of your console breaking
that risk applies to everything thats used, controllers too

mice can break if you use them intensively too
Azure_Kite
well, yeah. Being a Mouse and Tablet player (I play with either) I don't doubt for a fact that things get worn out.

As for living in fear of damaging your peripherals during gameplay, well. That's all the fun gone, isn't it? I'll eventually get a new DS Touchscreen to replace the old one, and just give it to my cousin or something. That Vinyl really is persistent though. I've had it on there for a couple of years, and it's faded, but the darn thing won't come off.

There was no protective sheet on it at the time I did the damage. ;p

But yeah. I''m still EBA/OTO2ing it up on my 3DS (Which has a screen protector), so it's not like I'm NOT playing what I enjoy. I'm just being more careful this time
boat
not referring to any protective sheet that you self has placed there, rather implying that they most likely build in something that protects the touch screen itself

which should be able to be replaced, even if you have to do it yourself by slight improvisation
Pokebis
I always used the sides of the screen with my mouse and just spun like mad. It always worked for me. Slow down when you see other notes incoming.
Also, I use Aloe Vera for my skin. You can drink that stuff?
Vext_old
Considering most people go for the 50USD-ish bamboo tablet, lasting as long as it does for the price is quite the impressive feat.
Hika
The grammar of this topic led me here.

But if you want to spin, basically, everyone's point is tablet so why not?
ziin
To spin fast:
Turn on mouse acceleration to high and mouse speed all the way up, then move the mouse left to right as fast as you can without moving your palm off the mousepad. Easy to get 400+ that way. If you can't, then you are hopeless and should probably give up on trying to spin quickly because your fingers/hands are too slow.
Waryas
You shouldn't worry about spinning faster unless you can 300 spinners or are a SS ranker.
show more