forum

Speedqualification

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Recently there has come about issues regarding mapsets being qualified too quickly. There has been an unwritten rule (well written, in the qualification log at least) that cites power abuse for qualifying maps quickly which have glaring flaws or fundamental issues. In order to prevent any further issues and consequences dealt, I think there should be a new rule or guideline that deals with the behavior at the source - mappers aiming to have their mapsets qualified as soon as possible.

We must define what speedqualifiction really is. Speedqualification should be defined as mappers pushing their mapsets forward to the qualified status too quickly; either acquiring mods that do not improve the overall quality of the mapset well or by disregarding the quality in order to have their mapsets ranked before anyone else. With this definition, we can apply this to "ghost mapsets" that are graved in order to create the illusion of a longer period of time spent on the map when in actuality it was rushed when revived.

Of course, it is the responsibility of the members of the BN to determine whether or not a set is ready for qualification or else face the consequences of an unqualification. However, we should not focus on the behavior of the BN (they can be disillusioned by friendships and such), we should focus on the behavior of the mapper so that the ideology behind speedqualifications are rooted out.

Contest maps are excluded from this, however I do feel that they should be in the modding process for a longer time than how they were before.

I propose this:
Mapsets should remain in the modding process for as long as possible. Mappers should avoid having their sets qualified quickly. This is to ensure that the beatmaps in question have been improved to the point where they are deemed worthy of being qualified.

Feel free to leave your comments, concerns, and questions on this thread. If you can come up with a better wording (I know you guys can), please by all means post it!
Blitzfrog
Wait wait wait, are you being serious in OT?
johnmedina999
Was this moved from G&R or something?
levesterz
Why i felt like this have been discuss like 100 times?
ColdTooth
That face when you map good quality but the BNs qualify bad quality maps that get qualified within 2 weeks and mine is still growing with 15+ kudos after 3 months.
Endaris
Mapsets should remain in the graveyard for as long as possible.
fixed
Dawns
rank my maps tho
levesterz

ColdTooth wrote:

That face when you map good quality but the BNs qualify bad quality maps that get qualified within 2 weeks and mine is still growing with 15+ kudos after 3 months.
Feel bad for ya there
Stefan
Placeholder

For a reply
johnmedina999
Stole the spot for Stefan's counter reply.
Riari

Stefan wrote:

Placeholder

For a reply
I understand what you are saying, but you're an idiot.
Blitzfrog

Riari wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Placeholder

For a reply
I understand what you are saying, but you're an idiot.

No son, he is Stefan
winber1
why wot
Topic Starter
abraker

Stefan wrote:

Placeholder

For a reply
He is prob the only one here who knows what's up. He needs time to find what he is going to reply with I presume.
B1rd
Are you intentionally wording your rule to be as vague and as open to interpretation as possible?

5 days... nope, not long enough

2 weeks, nope, still not long enough

2 months... nope, it needs to be as long as possible

*10 years later*
winber1
thread was a troll to begin with
Railey2

abraker wrote:

Recently there has come about issues regarding mapsets being qualified too quickly. There has been an unwritten rule (well written, in the qualification log at least) that cites power abuse for qualifying maps quickly which have glaring flaws or fundamental issues. In order to prevent any further issues and consequences dealt, I think there should be a new rule or guideline that deals with the behavior at the source - mappers aiming to have their mapsets qualified as soon as possible.

We must define what speedqualifiction really is. Speedqualification should be defined as mappers pushing their mapsets forward to the qualified status too quickly; either acquiring mods that do not improve the overall quality of the mapset well or by disregarding the quality in order to have their mapsets ranked before anyone else. With this definition, we can apply this to "ghost mapsets" that are graved in order to create the illusion of a longer period of time spent on the map when in actuality it was rushed when revived.
Assuming that your post is serious:

A mods goal isn't to improve a maps quality, it is to make sure that the quality is ok.

if there are no flaws worth pointing out, a map deserves to be speedranked. Speedranking is just problematic when it allows bad maps to be ranked.
Rushed doesn't mean bad. Some mappers can rush a mapset and still get a decent result.
Blitzfrog

Railey2 wrote:

mods goal isn't to improve a maps quality, it is to make sure that the quality is ok.
Hahahahahahaha
Serraionga
Mods goal is all about not finding anything remarkable and filling your kudos dude, what are you talking about?