forum

Rusty Hearts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

http://rustyhearts.perfectworld.com/

Think Vindictus, think DFO, think NOT LOCALIZED BY FUCKING NEXON.
Free MMO hack 'n' slash with a weird hipster art style. The graphics look pretty crisp, and the gameplay doesn't look bad either.
Closed beta starts very soon, and I think they're being pretty generous with who gets accepted (I mean, they accepted Ph0X), so go ahead and sign up.
WhoAteFred
Sure, why not. I like hack-n-slash, Vind. got old for me after a while, and I heard good things about Perfect World anyway, so, I'll see what I can do. (Why am I playing all these CBT/OBT?)
awp
is there any reason why it's an MMO? This looks like it'd just be a fun local multiplayer game with up to 4 or 8 people
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

awp wrote:

is there any reason why it's an MMO?
Korea.
Azure_Kite
Looks interesting; I agree with awp though, I can't see this as an MMO, judging from the Trailer.

Of course, as you said. This is Korea we're talking about.
Xanek

Neo@lex wrote:

(I mean, they accepted Ph0X)
*signs up*
-2 minutes later-
*gets an email w/ my beta key and another for anyone else*

edit:
-5 minutes later-
*gets an email confirming that I confirmed my beta key and recieved 2 more-

so you get 3 total to share w/ people
Pokebis
MMOs?
You ain't tricking me this time.
No hype from me, but I'll try it. Not expecting to like it at all.
Two_old
more like: think ghost x
WhoAteFred
Closed Beta for Rusty Hearts begins on July 20th. You should receive an email prior to July 20th with further instructions on how to download the client and play.
And yet it still isn't in CB yet.
Nekoroll

WhoAteFred wrote:

Closed Beta for Rusty Hearts begins on July 20th. You should receive an email prior to July 20th with further instructions on how to download the client and play.
And yet it still isn't in CB yet.
XD It's still June. Less than a month before we get the instructions.

I already redeemed my key on the site a week or so ago and am waiting on those instructions to download and play. I can see this as an instance-based MMO game, tbh with how the gameplay trailer looks. I'm still going to be trying it out just for the sake of giving it a chance. Even if it turns out to be a generic game, just the fact that I'll play it with my friends gives me more than enough incentive to try it.
HakuNoKaemi
received a closed beta key to, btw, it look like an Hack'n'Slash MMO
ampzz
I think the more important and pressing question is this:

Is it fun to play and not just some generic styled MMO?
Theamazingluffy
i hate it .......kh 2b rockz and also wild arms 5 on ps2~!
:)
Quaraezha
Looks cool
I'll try it out.
Mogsy

Theamazingluffy wrote:

i hate it .......kh 2b rockz and also wild arms 5 on ps2~!
:)
I love posts that don't actually belong in the thread, especially when they make no sense.

Signed up for the beta, since it looks fun.
Xiao_old
Reminds me of DFO, but not at all Vindictus. Not too pleased with how the trailer's gameplay looked. In fact, it reminds me of Lunia. Didn't like that game very much.

Maybe I'll look into this when it's in OBT.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Beta starts today. The client can be downloaded on the (grayed out) download page.
Quaraezha
http://rustyhearts.perfectworld.com/download

Ah shit, my Hard Drives are full.
WhoAteFred
Yep, client is out, I'm still not home, hopefully it's not one of those .exes that need to be run just to download it, as I'm on Linux atm. .... aaaand it is. Sigh. So... how's gameplay?
Lilac
Bumping a 6 month old topic which is probably 2 months late to say that I'm actually thinking of starting an osu! Guild.

The fact is, most people probably wouldn't even care anymore.

Also, I like the game, even though it's sometimes gets a bit hard to level up.
Two_old
why play a game so similar to dfo yet weak in a lot of areas where dfo is strong
adam2046
Because Australia.
Jinxy
Where are their servers located? U.S.?
ampzz
Highly enjoying the game, Angela is my favourite character in the game by far.
The limited storage space is an annoyance though otherwise I would be stockpiling everything possible be in the worst/poor components, gems, ingredients, etc.

Currently made it to rank 20 and went on the Scythe focus. :D

Name in-game: Dunoa

Two wrote:

why play a game so similar to dfo yet weak in a lot of areas where dfo is strong
I find it enjoyable, partially due to the fact this is my first MMORPG game but that's not worth reasoning it with that generalisation.
Zelmarked
Played it. Did not like it. I remember one of my gripes was not being able to change the camera angle in a dungeon. I remember the shop icon flashed in game in contrast to the rest of the GUI. Essentially an advertisement. It looked like the shop was going to have advantage giving items. While probably mostly PvE, still not fond of spending money to get better in a game.
Ivalset

Zelmarked wrote:

While probably mostly PvE, still not fond of spending money to get better in a game.
Are you new to f2p mmos or something?
Zelmarked

Ivalset wrote:

Zelmarked wrote:

While probably mostly PvE, still not fond of spending money to get better in a game.
Are you new to f2p mmos or something?
Something that is done a lot does not mean I forget I don't like it.
hoihoisoi
Nice find! Looks great! Gonna try it out man! Looks like I know what I'm doing these holidays already!
Jinxy
"nice find"
"over 6 months ago"

yeah...

The gameplay video feels kinda slow for me though.
Zeverage
This game brings me back to when I was playing Lunia in the beta
hoihoisoi
Is anyone still playing this game from this forum?
Jarby

hoihoisoi wrote:

Is anyone still playing this game from this forum?
I'm thinking of downloading it later today when I get capped.
Lilac
I have two characters. Angela and Natasha...

From memory, the names are Amitatsu and Hanasawa respectively. Level 8 and 16 respectively as well so feel free to PM me if you want to play.
Jinxy
Tried it out, I still don't like how slow the character moves. That, and a server-wide notification smack in the middle of the screen. How am I supposed to fight like that? Pressing close or ok doesn't work either.

lv7 Tude, IGN was... something. I forgot.
hoihoisoi
Not bad, quite enjoyed the game. It reminds me of Elsword, only with a 3D enviroment and the ability to chain combo all specials and juggle monsters with certain combos. Not bad.
ampzz
Its too sluggish though, would be much better if the areas after clearing sections opened up quicker without the crap long deal.
Got to like level 20, haven't touched it since unless someone wants to go for some dungeon runs.
hoihoisoi
I'm only level 11 and yea, it doesn't seem 100 percent smooth especially the section transitions. Still enjoy the game though...
MattCore
I did not like the game Rusty Hearts

had a long lag and did not understand anything

If the best ever, let me know: X ID: dkscy
show more