forum

[invalid] Custom sound effects for losing and gaining letter grades

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
I hope this isn't a dupe.

My request is to have a sound effect for when you lose a letter grade (e.g. A -> B) and one when you gain a letter grade (e.g. B -> A). These would be skinable, of course.
It's such a pain to look at your accuracy and score while playing a map (especially in mania and taiko) and there is a high chance of missing if you do decide to check it. Wouldn't it be great if you had a sound effect that did it for you?
I was thinking the "gain" sound effect would sound like the default "pass" sound effect, and the "lose" would be the opposite of that.
Nathanael
Shouldn't you be focusing on the music of the beatmap instead? I don't really see it that useful.
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
The sound effects wouldn't be too obtrusive, and they would only help gauge your progress throughout the song. It would be especially helpful in maps that have little to no breaks in them.
bsf
It seems like a good idea.
Stefan
The majority of the playerbase mainly bother for SS -> S (where PF can be used) and S -> A (mostly caused by missed, where SD can be used). Anything else is less to not interesting. I also find that these sounds are/can be heavily distracting and not really supporting you while playing.