forum

About HR...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hibiya-chan
So I've been getting by 5* maps and passing most of them with ease. Even though that's the case, I'm still playing 4* maps to test my consistency in fc'ing them at first try. After removing mouse precision about 2 weeks ago, I've slowly noticed my aim improve but I still have problems in tapping.

Anyways, I've just noticed hr these past few days, based from reading some posts here about the mod, players won't recommend them unless they're at a certain stage already. Knowing this, I also avoided using the mod coz when I first tried it in a 4*, my acc is just straight low (Sample here). But even though that's the case, I seem to find it helpful in boosting my reaction and precision of my aim as the circles get smaller and the ar is boosted. So the question is, am I cut out for HR now or should I still play more maps that are based on their raw star diff (NoMod)?
N0thingSpecial
If you enjoy HR go ahead but do get better acc otherwise you'll be too reliant on reaction for timing your tapping, rather than listening to the song, and you'll end up being those people who can't read AR9, which isn't a bad thing, just a skill not worth losing if you want to be a well rounded player. Maybe start when you can get UR consistently around or under 100 with no mod.
Jukkii
i would say no. you arent cut out for HR yet, even i am not cut out for HR yet ( sample ) tho maybe thats just that i havent practiced it (my problem is the reading xd, OD10 is actually fine with nomod edits)

wait until like 4k-5k pp and then try again. if you feel like playing smaller circles helps you, just edit the maps accordingly. and what n0thingspecial said is very true, read his post very thoughtfully
-Makishima S-
No imo. I spent lots of time learning HR before RSI break and some of it right now, i can tell you I am garbage as motherfuck at it. Reading AR10 is completely different world. I feel like getting used to AR9.6 (ar8+DT) was nothing in comparation to learning AR10 + OD10 is very brutal and unforgiving. I started learning HR when i was able to pull out 99%+ acc OD8 and 98-99% acc OD9, yet OD10 made me feel like garbage.

Only thing what for some reason works better for me is aim, somehow i can hit more accurate with smaller circles than with larger. It's stupid and i cannot explain this by myself.

From my learning experience with different AR/OD i can say that your acc also depends on your reading ability. More you get used to AR10, better your acc will be. Identical, Canadian top player said on his stream once that getting used to HR took him good over half year and he still doesn't feel comfortable with it - over half year for someone who is top100 so i can say... maybe a year for someone like we are.
rekhichem
you can play hr from time to time if you like , but just for fun , you should not make it your main mod for now cuz it might harm you :)
WavePoint
You don't use the mod every time you play. Use it if you think the difficulty is easy for you.
N0thingSpecial

WavePoint wrote:

You don't use the mod every time you play. Use it if you think the difficulty is easy for you.
holy shit you're right
DeathHydra
If you really want to practice HR, don't play TV size maps, or maps that have little to no streams. Streaming is way harder than jumps with HR on.
Kyrari
If you want to play HR then go ahead, getting used to AR 10 really takes awhile though. And even then if you play it too much, there's always the risk that you'd go "I can't read anything AR <10", which is bad because you'll need to atleast be able to read ar 9 to easily get pp, but if you don't spam HR in every maps it'd probably not happen.

If you want PP, nomod or DT is so much easier than HR because you really need acc to get pp with HR and they're much harder to get than usual. HR is still really useful to get more precision aim though, after awhile CS 5.5 feels like nothing.