Will HP Drain eventually be this low? It makes me feel dirty for missing a bunch of notes and not failing.it's set to 3 like revolution deathsquad and through the fire and flames. i might(should?) increase it to 4 at some point, but i'll see how people react to it first.
I understand many might feel the opposite way.
Hey, -GN. Pretty sure the offset is wrong by around ~15/20. It would be nice if you could dedicate some time to fix it because it sounds really off.offset changed +11ms after some testing by me. also, HP has been set low in accordance with the old lesjuh DF maps, which were pretty brutal for their time. and i'm pretty sure this map is, even by today's standards(but for another reason entirely).
As for the HP, 3 is actually pretty low and it will most likely be something discouraged unless you are trying to pull off a Fort (making a considerable hard map with low HP to attract a bigger audience).
That's all for me! Good luck with the mapset~
00:26:349 (5,6,7) - why is it stacked?
it was done somewhere in lesjuh's TTFAF map i wanted to copy(the stream after was different originally, but i changed it to mirror 00:25:149 (5) - now
02:34:899 (7) - I feel that the stream should end here
nah, the guitar continues
02:50:649 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I don't like this pattern, doesn't feel like lesjuh to me, especially a triple that's not stacked.
i find the variation welcome for this pattern(also this one 01:36:249 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ), but i might change it later
04:32:199 (10,11) - these look too far away from each other
05:27:088 (3,4,5) - 1/2 slider here is better or move the triple to 05:27:549 (7,8) -
05:35:938 (5,6,7,8) - repeat slider here
nah, this is an intense part
05:41:338 (5,6,7) - kickslider should be on 5 and another here 05:41:788 (3) -. Other possibility is to leave 05:41:488 (7) - as it is and move 05:42:088 (7) - to 05:41:938 (5) -
made the first stream 9 circles long instead, it follows the music better
05:48:249 (1) - idk about this, I don't think lesjuh left out parts of solos
changed into a stream and such. felt that it worked pretty well, though
05:53:949 (5,6) - could be a slider,
06:21:249 (4) - shouldn't this be curved?
doesn't need to be as it doesn't have much to say about the flow
That's all, GL for rank
thanks a lot for mod \:D/
Map is awesome. You stated your references, they’re clear and rankable. You really put a lot of effort in creating a map that serves the same experience as lesjuh maps, even the slider design is done in the same way. I can only say good job with this map. I’m sure that a lot of players, old ones and a few new ones, will enjoy trying to play this map. Best of luck
- 01:29:499 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) – This pattern was really specific, specially the way you made the slider 01:30:249 (1) – go right against the stream flow made this stand out a lot. Are you sure about the emphasis in this part of the song?
yeah i start a new section here, i find it plays well here
Same idea here too 02:44:049 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) – but it’s not as emphatic as the first section
same thing here
- Triple stack 02:32:349 (3,4,5) - being used for triple sections without vocal and triples that go along vocal 02:50:949 (2,3,4) - spaced. I think this idea could be applied systematically to all the verse sections of the song. What’s your thoughts about it?
this seems to be the only inconsistent triple in the verse parts, all others follow the drum parts primarily. made into two 1/2s
- If this pattern was vertically symmetric would look awesome https://puu.sh/vwnJq.jpg , but I’m not sure if this is consistent with lesjuh main ideas, since he wasn’t really a x,y axis symmetric mapper.
no timestamp, but i also dislike the idea of keeping symmetry across a major part of a stream like this
- Really picky unnecessary thing, but can you rotate this 04:06:849 (4) – in “+2”? Just like really minor aesthetic stuff.
dragged the end point a bit down so it looks less sloppy(though i suppose that was the point? ohwell)
- Are you sure about the NCs here 04:55:449 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ? I don’t think you need to make pair combo ideas since this is suppose to be like an older style map. Usually they would make this 04:55:449 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - . Personally I don’t mind either way, but I’m trying to consider your intention to make it be more old style oriented.
good point, i removed the excessive NCs
- Considering the patterns overall in the map, this one is probably the one with the worst readability 06:28:449 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - . Now, my main concerns in this section is the slider end 06:29:049 (1) – being almost entirely overlapped but not stacked, and the next slider 06:29:499 (2) – partially overlapped with 06:28:524 (2) - . Usually they would have faded already, but it’s AR 8. So small suggestion for this; rotate this one 06:29:049 (1) – “6” and move 06:29:499 (2) – to something like x:195 y:63. I tried to keep the pattern as it was but moved 06:29:499 (2) – a bit more upwards to avoid the overlap, so that the section could look a bit more clean. In case you apply, you will have to fix the DS here 06:29:949 (3,4) -
awesome, it was a great undertaking, but i had a lot of fun mapping it and i'm satisfied with the result! thanks for your mod
Hello, -GN! I know I'm not an experienced mapper or modder but since I really enjoy the song I came here.
Just going to point some small things and ask some stuff.
Don't you believe having a higher SV on the 02:10:288 or 02:12:688 and 02:16:288 and so on sliders would make it more realistic? Since the previous sliders are emphasizing other sounds and they look exactly the same? (I'd say this for every guitar slide that's on the map)
nah, it hasn't been done in any of lesjuh's maps, so i wouldn't do it here. the hitsound is a good enough distinction
Another thing: what made you choose to map the 02:24:238 to 02:25:439 this way? Didn't you believe the guitar was the most important sound on that part?
couldn't really map it well, but i replaced it with a spinner now, which i think fits the music(and also what's been done in lesjuh's maps) better
Stack the 5,6 at 02:38:338 to continue the previous pattern maybe?
The guitar solo Kiai with faster drums from 04:29:038 to 04:55:438 could be buffed a little bit, I believe (more spaced or make the 1/4 sliders jump a little wider or even changing the pattern on the streams? I don't know) - it looks pretty much the same as the other streams with less drums
nah, i feel like it's hard enough since it's pretty hard to follow the streams as is. the streams feeling the same throughout the whole map is intended, their difficulty is made out through their context
Anyway, that's all - hopefully I wasn't annoying, it's a great map - good job!
not at all, thanks a lot for the mod
You should really raise the HP, I can't stream 200BPM properly but I can still pass without even trying :/raised to 4, but i won't go higher than that for the sake of authenticity
will put it at 5, i suppose the maps aren't considered as hard nowadays as compared to back then
- HP 4 is super low, tbh I'd suggest something like HP 6, I hope we can atleast make a compromise with HP 5
- 00:21:549 (10,1) - this is more a visual issue, but can you make the slider tail pointing to the stream better? since most of the map slider to stream interactions are really linear, take these as example: 00:20:349 (5,1) - 00:14:349 (4,1) - 00:23:949 (4,1) -
- 00:17:874 (4,5,6) - the sudden linear movement at a curved stream section doesn't fit IMO
moved 6 and later one grid to the right. it was done to make the S curve symmetrical but i think it's fine
- 00:26:049 (1,2,3,4,5) - there are really small spacing errors around 0,10 would be cool if you can fix them
this is not really doable for all these streams due to the grid snap way of mapping them, i fixed the 0.8x ds to the slider here though
- 00:26:649 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - can you move the full stream a bit down so it connects better with the previous object, like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8687681
- 00:37:149 (10,1) - ^
done, reshaped some streams here too
- 00:45:099 (7,8,9) - a bit similar ^, personally I think this little flow issues, even if they don't affect the gameplay they looks weird and not consistent with the rest of more linear flow in the map
this one should really be fine as is
- 00:27:886 (1) - seems super hard to get 300s at the first spinner, also the auto play don't even gets a 1000 score on it.
auto does get 1000s here, i consistently get 300s on them, the spinners themselves were taken directly from lesjuh's old map which admittedly is not a shining example of quality but the authenticity of them make me think it's fine
- 00:46:749 (10,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - the full stream doesn't looks nice, can you improve it? for example 00:46:749 (10,1) - 00:47:349 (5,1) - 00:47:874 (4,5) - the objects doesn't connect that well too each other
made them into nice curves. i want the slight angle into starting the stream here though, it plays well and accentuates the music
- 00:48:249 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I'd be honest, the full stream shape doesn't looks nice at all, I understand the old feeling , but also i think this shape can be better
i think the sharper bends here work well, i fixed the inconsistency but i don't think i can improve it
- 00:49:524 (1) - end the spinner at 1/4 and add a circle on the actual end of it, that would represent the music and also it's going to be consistent with 01:09:849 (1) -
ohyeah good point
- 00:57:249 (4,5) - why the sudden slider leniency abuse when almost the full diff uses linear flow?
changed, these variations annoyed me to no end so some ended up kinda random lol
- 00:59:649 (4,5) - this should be 1,0 spacing like 00:59:049 (1,2) -
- 01:29:049 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - weird rhythm and NC setup
plays very intuitively though
- 01:35:499 (3,4) - should be 1,0 spacing as the other ones
- 01:40:749 (4,1,2) - ugly overlaps, also they don't fit the structure of the map
moved the slider, i feel like the back and forth reflects the flow lesjuh was known for pretty well though
- 01:48:549 (1,2,3) - I really don't like this, the spacing is too big for the weak sounds, if anything antijumps or a repeat slider would fit the music better
not changing this, it plays well, fits the buildup of the song, and these circles are a staple of the lesjuh maps; this kind of thing was done in revolution deathsquad, through the fire and flames, even Jenny's cry thunder and Satellite's lesjuh-like fury of the storm map
- 01:56:649 (1) - this does miss too much beats, I think a 1/1 slider and then a circle would fit the music better
i feel like the end of the guitar/drum streams should give the player a little (perceived) rest here
- 02:17:499 (7) - a 3 points slider would have a better curve o.o
this is a bit stupid but i didn't wanna use the modern slider algorithm for this
- 02:25:449 (1,2) - 1,0 spacing as the other ones
- 02:57:849 (6,1) - swap NCs and fix the spacing, since according to your NC pattern you should NC the stanza and not the upbeat
- 03:02:949 (1,2,3) - same as 01:48:549 (1,2,3) -
- 03:11:049 (1) - a 1/1 slider and a circle would fit the music a lot better.
same as 01:56:649 (1) -
- 03:17:049 (5,1) - the NC should be at 5 and not 1, according to the NC logic in this map
i saw this as an acceptable variation since the last slider continues off the final vocal phrase and the next combo follows the drums,
the last chorus does the same
- 03:20:649 (3) - missing NC the previous similar part has one on it
the previous one started a guitar solo though, it doesn't happen here
- 03:30:849 (1,2,3,4,5) - the stream doesn't fit the music at this section, since is such a calm part and tbh you even ignored strong 1/4s at 03:30:249 (1,2) -
replaced with circles
- 05:38:949 (5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - why suddenly no more 1/4 jumps? seems inconsistent, since the music is basicaly the same
this builds up instead of winding down, i felt like lots of 7 note streams would be too taxing here though since it's basically one of the hardest parts of the song already due to the constant streams
BTW I'm really unsure about how the 1/4 sections plays at AR 8 04:54:849 (9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - I really don't remember the old dragon force maps using patterns like those
cry for eternity has some starting at 05:29:690 (1) - and some later, i thought it would fit due to the 1/1 sounds forming nice pairs creating a zigzag, i don't think anything else would fit better here
all applied except stream
- 00:01:149 (6) - add finish there is a strong sound on it and whistle alone doesn't seems to fit it.
- 00:07:449 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - I'd increase the volume to 50% or 60% for these beats.
- 00:27:849 (9) - missing finish and whistle
- 00:27:886 (1,1) - this sounds super bad, add a soft sampleset at the end of each spinner.
- 00:43:899 (4) - missing finish, since you have one at a similar sound in 00:43:599 (3) -
- 00:48:249 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - the song tone is going down, maybe you should do the same with the volume.
doesn't fit the guitar
- 00:55:899 (2) - shouldn't this and all the other similar have a finish as you did at the next similar section?
- 01:26:649 (1) - missing finish I suppose
- 01:34:299 (2) - add finish?
- 01:42:699 (2) - I'm sure that you are missing a finish sound here, since you have one at 01:41:499 (3) -
- 01:53:049 (1) - missing whistle
- 01:55:149 (10) - ^
- 02:07:449 (1) - missing finish
- 02:09:849 (1) - ^
- 02:12:249 (1) - ^
- 02:17:049 (1) - ^
- 02:18:249 (1) - 02:21:849 (1) - ^
- 02:19:899 (4) - add whistle, it does fit this beat a lot
- 02:31:899 (2) - ^
- 02:41:499 (3) - remove the whistle on the slider body
- 02:48:699 (2) - missing finish, since there is one in the music, same in 02:52:299 (2) -
- 03:26:349 (5) - soft sampleset on the slider tail it sounds bad atm
hihi i'll try to mod in consideration of old authenticity
- 00:48:249 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - this doesn't follow the guitar accurately, but i guess this is part of the old dragonforce map style? i still have my doubts however
i don't think constant 1/4 is off the mark here, anything else would be too hard to follow or drop too much from the music
- 00:52:299 (3,4) - 00:54:699 (3,4) - 00:57:099 (3,4) - 00:59:499 (3,4) - and many more... - sometimes the spacing is big and sometimes it's small, so this makes me think that different spacing are just randomly placed on different time and tbh i don't know what you're trying to do/follow. maybe make them more consistent?
made these verse patterns more internally consistent, i think i'm finally satisfied with them
- 05:06:249 (1,2,3,4,5) - i feel like this part should be hard to play with 1/4 rhythms since i hear 1/4 drums and guitar; maybe something like this rhythm: https://puu.sh/xvUCw/f5a2df61d2.png
i originally did this because the strum part was not really possible to do well with (almost) constant 1/4, i added a couple triple repeats here
- 06:42:249 (1,2,3,4) - if my ears aren't deceiving me shifting them forward by one 1/8 beat (so it starts on 06:42:286 - ) follows more accurately the guitar. while at it i think the spacing could have gradually increased rather than decreased since the guitar is playing higher notes as time flies by.
fixed. Okorin expressed concern over the timing of this part but this does sound better. i did not change the spacing, though
i think that's all for now. you can call me for a recheck
awesome, Okorin was gonna take a look at it later today so it won't be before that though. thanks for the mod