forum

I actually can't do streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeuSJS
I get like 120 BPM. I'm at about rank 170k. Please help.

also, for anyone who feels like being an idiot and saying "try using two fingers", I already do. that's why I need help
Sayorie
No good streams yet until around 5.00⋆

Keep playing.

edit: You might be playing maps far higher than your skill level. Improve accuracy first on easier maps.
B1rd
There are lots and lots of stream maps under 5*
Sayorie

B1rd wrote:

There are lots and lots of stream maps under 5*
Well is it as common as maps around 5* (4.6-5+), where almost all maps have some streams in it? As far as I experienced, I only needed to learn streams when I stepped into the range I indicated above.
B1rd
Streams and triples are common in limited degrees in pretty much all maps above easy and normal difficulties. And there are plenty of stream maps, and maps with deathstreams, below 4,6*, or 4* even. You might be right if you were saying streaming doesn't give pp until around 5*, but stream maps below that still exist. I'd recommend for any new player to practice low-bpm stream maps to get good foundational streaming skill of finger control and accuracy. A lot of pp farmers find that they can stream fast but they lack finger control and accuracy, and are a bit stunted in their skillset because of their imbalanced skill development.
Topic Starter
DeuSJS
No, I am not playing maps above my skill level. I can do all the jumps and standard control with ease in the maps. I am also able to adequately track on the streams. I beat Cold Green Eyes on the hardest difficulty with ease. The only issue I have is that I can't tap fast enough. If anyone can provide me with any tips to tapping faster, it would be greatly appreciated.
B1rd
You are playing maps above your skill level, your top ranks are all Bs and Cs. It makes sense that you can't follow the streams of 180, 190 bpm maps at your level. Training streaming is similar to training a muscle, you can't start lifting heavy weights on day one. So, you have to start streaming at 120, 140 bpm and increase from there. It seems the problem isn't your streaming skills, but that you're playing maps that are too hard. If you were playing easier maps you would probably find that streaming wouldn't be so much of a problem. Anyway, here are a couple of maps if you want to practice streams, you can find more if you know what you're looking for.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/84916
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/328977
-Makishima S-
I beat Cold Green Eyes on the hardest difficulty with ease.
You are aware that having problem with Divine diff on this map could be like... being mentally challenged? You are also aware that "above 5* rating" on this map gives only part which have like... 2 seconds? Rest of map is around 4*.

And you calling this:

a "beat hardest diff" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

No, I am not playing maps above my skill level.
I doubt it. Having below 90% acc / great amount of misses is considered as above your skill level.
If you say otherwise, prove it: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/192508 Insane diff - very easy map, get above 90% acc with less than 5 misses.

Your top ranks are garbage, you have zero reading ability, not mention zero rhythm sense, you mash keys, not playing actual rhythm game.
Really, if you want to have fun, struggle a little at the beginning like everyone done, play low star maps, learn how this game works.
dung eater
try to move your fingers up and down one after another to the beat, don't just spam
Jukkii
Can we just appreciate taigas post? Its the truth, and i 100% agree with it.
N0thingSpecial
Even I can't stream 120 BPM, I need to single tap them feelsbadman
WavePoint
Try using the mod AP+NF first on a streaming map, and tap the two keys as consistently as possible. Once you get a high B (90% acc) or higher, remove the AP mod and practice the map again. Get a high B and go to a higher BPM.

Oh. And also, PRACTICE EVERY DAY! Every game have their own mechanics and styles of gameplay, you must practice every day in order to improve fast.
Try to get a mechanical keyboard and/or tablet too.
7ambda

WavePoint wrote:

Try to get a mechanical keyboard and/or tablet too.
N0thingSpecial

WavePoint wrote:

Try using the mod AP+NF first on a streaming map, and tap the two keys as consistently as possible. Once you get a high B (90% acc) or higher, remove the AP mod and practice the map again. Get a high B and go to a higher BPM.
Bad advice don't follow, AP does absolutely nothing in improving your streaming skill, removing aim factor will produce misleading results on how you perform on streams, you'll just come back to he forum wondering why you still can't stream.

Also I can long stream 175 BPM with a laptop membrane keyboard so don't think a mechanical keyboard will help in a significant way considering the BPM is this low
7ambda

N0thingSpecial wrote:

WavePoint wrote:

Bad advice don't follow, AP does absolutely nothing in improving your streaming skill, removing aim factor will produce misleading results on how you perform on streams, you'll just come back to he forum wondering why you still can't stream.

Also I can long stream 175 BPM with a laptop membrane keyboard so don't think a mechanical keyboard will help in a significant way considering the BPM is this low
AP is good for stream control, not practicing streams in general.
N0thingSpecial
Which is the thing I'm wondering, is OP asking advice to physically improve streaming higher BPM, or trying to get advice gaining finger control to stream low BPM
[Gaia]_old

[Taiga] wrote:

I beat Cold Green Eyes on the hardest difficulty with ease.
You are aware that having problem with Divine diff on this map could be like... being mentally challenged? You are also aware that "above 5* rating" on this map gives only part which have like... 2 seconds? Rest of map is around 4*.

And you calling this:

a "beat hardest diff" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

No, I am not playing maps above my skill level.
I doubt it. Having below 90% acc / great amount of misses is considered as above your skill level.
If you say otherwise, prove it: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/192508 Insane diff - very easy map, get above 90% acc with less than 5 misses.

Your top ranks are garbage, you have zero reading ability, not mention zero rhythm sense, you mash keys, not playing actual rhythm game.
Really, if you want to have fun, struggle a little at the beginning like everyone done, play low star maps, learn how this game works.
Oh, thank God someone can call these people out. This happens constantly in G&R, newbies that are 6~7 digits constantly playing songs 2~3 stars above their level and then crying that they can't hold a combo or do some patterns. Well, of fucking course you can't, you don't have the level to do those things yet. Getting 85-90% isn't playing the game, it's just mashing. This is a rhythm game, if you're not following it, why even play?
Kiritsugu_old_1
me neither
WavePoint

F1r3tar wrote:

You don't realize you're adding variables together to practice. You solve for one variable and solve for another too with that previous variable.
-Makishima S-

WavePoint wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

You don't realize you're adding variables together to practice. You solve for one variable and solve for another too with that previous variable.
This doesn't work like that at all. Clicking muscle memory goes in same line with aim, you need to train both for best outcome.

When you learn how this game works, you will understand.
Topic Starter
DeuSJS

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Which is the thing I'm wondering, is OP asking advice to physically improve streaming higher BPM, or trying to get advice gaining finger control to stream low BPM

I need help with actually pressing the buttons faster. My maximum stream speed is about 120 BPM. The average stream speed at 4-4.5* is about 150 BPM, from what I can tell. If any of you actually have any advice you can give for helping me get better at tapping the buttons faster, it would be appreciated.

Side note: If you look at my top ranks, they're almost always 4-4.5* maps without streams. This is because of the fact that I can't fc any maps with streams, because of the fact that I can't tap fast enough to hold combo through them. I recorded myself playing through one of the maps, and then rewatched it in slow-mo, and my cursor was on each of the beats, I just couldn't tap fast enough to hit them. If you lot want to criticise me on the way I play the game, go ahead. But can you also please at least attempt to answer my original question. I just want to get better at tapping faster, so that I don't constantly feel like my inability to tap is restricting my ability to play maps.
7ambda

DeuSJS wrote:

I need help with actually pressing the buttons faster. My maximum stream speed is about 120 BPM. The average stream speed at 4-4.5* is about 150 BPM, from what I can tell. If any of you actually have any advice you can give for helping me get better at tapping the buttons faster, it would be appreciated.

Side note: If you look at my top ranks, they're almost always 4-4.5* maps without streams. This is because of the fact that I can't fc any maps with streams, because of the fact that I can't tap fast enough to hold combo through them. I recorded myself playing through one of the maps, and then rewatched it in slow-mo, and my cursor was on each of the beats, I just couldn't tap fast enough to hit them. If you lot want to criticise me on the way I play the game, go ahead. But can you also please at least attempt to answer my original question. I just want to get better at tapping faster, so that I don't constantly feel like my inability to tap is restricting my ability to play maps.
Start with x bpm, then progress 10 bpm higher when that bpm becomes easy.
B1rd
Did you even read my advice.
show more