forum

A Mechanical switch for all games, including Osu.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WavePoint
I am having trouble to find the right switch for general gaming (Osu! included) between Razer Green (Cherry MX Blue) and Razer Orange (Cherry MX Brown).
Which switch is the best for me out of these 2 (or 4) options?
TakuMii
neither
7ambda
Sayorie
[MX] Blues > Browns > Blacks(!) > Reds

Completely subjective and based on experience. I have keyboards for each of the switches above, and MX Blues are best for MMOs and typing (less misclicking) and good for everything else. I use MX Blacks for osu!, so I rate them higher than Reds. I don't really care about Gateron switches because despite it feeling smoother than cherry mx ones, it doesn't matter when you're click really fast anyway (I'd only buy Gaterons if I see a yellow switch nearby).
Also I don't trust Razer anymore because of the money I lost with their hit-or-miss build quality. Take the risk if you're planning to get Razer.
Topic Starter
WavePoint
You are all telling me to get Razer Yellow or Cherry MX Black or Red because of Osu!? I'm talking for ALL games not just one.
TakuMii
Nobody said anything about Razer Yellow...

If you want an all-rounder switch, I'd rather recommend MX Brown or LK Optical Blue. MX Blue is fine for typing, but honestly, pretty much any other MX switch would be better for gaming. MX Red is super light (and Gateron Yellow Clear is even lighter), but I found that linear switches like those made it more difficult to type accurately (your mileage may vary).

EDIT: whoops, mixed up Clear and Yellow... Gateron Yellow is slightly stiffer than Red
I Give Up
Cherry MX black is greatest switch for general gaming. But I don't recommend that one for osu. You can buy a black switch board and mod two buttons to reds or browns for osu.