forum

Question to mouse users

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zetueur500
Hi everyone.
So recently I've been asking myself "How do others mouse players play ?".
So I wanted to know the way others players are moving their mouse :
Are you moving your whole arm ?
Only a part of your arm ?
Are you moving your hand ?
Are you moving your hand and your arm at the same time ? Or maybe you use them in different situations ?

And also could you tell me your dpi ? (It's very important)
The more informations you give me, the happier I'll be.
Thanks and have a good day (or night).
Sandy Hoey
For the most part, I move my wrist. But that is for fast movements. In slow sections I tend to move my forearm.
My dpi is currently 1650, but was 1550 for the longest time. 1.0 ingame sensitivity

Just remember that even though you know other peoples settings, that doesnt mean that they will work for you
Topic Starter
zetueur500
I'm not planning on changing my way to play. I just wanted to know how others play.
Kyrari
I only move my wrist for any normal playing tbh. I only move my arm when my mouse already drifted to the bottom of my mousepad to reposition myself, usually in breaks or if there's none I just pause or do it in a slow part and hope I don't combobreak ;w;

Andd 1000 dpi for me.
N0thingSpecial
1000 dpi 0.78x 1280x720

I move my wrist and fingers, I pray to Jesus for aim
dung eater
whole arm for all up/down, some arm and wrist for sideways 300dpi 600p res
Little
When I play, I only move my fingers for the most part.
I rest my wrist on the edge of the desk, hold the mouse between my thumb and pinky finger, and rest my other fingers gently on top so that only my fingertips are touching the mouse.

I play at 1280dpi / 1.85x / 1366x768
Cuber
I'm mainly a tablet user, but I'm still decent with mouse (have passed a couple 6* maps).

I keep my wrist still, and only use my finger tips. My thumb goes on the left side of the mouse, my ring and pinky fingers go on the right side of the mouse, and index and middle rest on left click and right click respectively. When I play, my mouse is usually angled left like 30 degrees.

500 DPI
1.82x in-game sensitivity
Fullscreen 1920x1080
WavePoint
I'm a guy who uses 2500DPI for my mouse (Max is 12000DPI). I'm only using my wrist to move the mouse and using your arm requires a way lower DPI than 2500.I'm also using a mousepad that is bumpy at a microscopic level than a flat one which gives a lot of control to hit the circles at the right place.
Hibiya-chan
Currently at...

1k DPI
1.24x ingame sens.
1366x768 (borderless)

I move my mouse with my wrist all the time and since I do that, I'm using fingertip grip.
mulraf
usually moving my wrist, for huge jumps my arm as well i guess but just slightly.

1.600 dpi
0.52 ingame sensitivity
1680 x 1050 screen

i'm using a weird grip that probably doesn't even remotely look like anything anyone else does.
levesterz
I kinda move my wrist only n lift a little but not too much that my mouse can detect any movement(use my pinky as 'anchor' point)

3.2 ingame sens
1265×680
Screen res
FPJ-
I play 1k dpi and mainly move my wrist when i play
I Give Up
Don't copy other players settings or the way they hold their mouse coz doing that doesn't always work. You need a good mouse and a good mousepad that you can believe in. Don't think just grab mouse and move cursor and your grip will evolve over time.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

pray to Jesus for aim
I use 1000dpi x1.0 raw input on 1920 x 1080 res.
I use fingertip grip (only finger tips touch the mouse) and move with fingers, wrist and forearm.
-Jesus-kun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I pray to Jesus for aim

I think we're both screwed mate.
-Yuni
I move my fingers and wrist, don't have a gaming mouse, windows acceleration off 9/11, 2.5x osu sensitivity, 1600x900.
Eoneru
1000 DPI (non gaming mouse, DPI is labeled on the box), raw input on, 1.12 osu sensitivity, 1280*768 osu res

I mostly only move my hands.
Nattsun
My setup:
-1400DPI
-1366x768 resolution
-win acc off
-win sens 6/11
-osu! sens 1.0x
-raw input on

Had to adjust my DPI once when I was ~50k IIRC, couldn't reach the corners comfortable.

NINJAEDIT: Using an Anker gaming mouse with weights. I like it heavy, feels like I can be more accurate with my movements that way.
JeromeTT
I play with Logitech g502 with no weights

-1200dpi
-raw input
-1980x1080 fullscreen
-1.0x sens with raw input

I keep my wrist on my mousepad, so when i move my mouse i usually move my hands and not my arm.
Hai Tai
$ko^zvl*xH7b9hDRxi_4Tx^OIbq4xL2c
Rio-
I use Steelseries Kana V2 (discontinued)
800dpi
All Default (6/11 Windows, 1.0x sensitivity)
Raw Input on
1366x768

I'm a fingertip grip user (and sort of claw grip user for other games beside osu!).
I usually rest my wrist on the mousepad and let the wrist muscle and fingers do the job.
Givani30
-Logitech G502 without weights
-900dpi
-mouse acc off
-7/11 windows and 1.0 osu! sens
-raw input off
-1920x1080

Guess my dpi is one of the lower ones over here :D. I use a standard grip with thumb and pinky on the side of the mouse and ringfinger on the top edge. I mainly move with my arm but also a bit of wrist sometimes. Have to say that I'm a mouse only user though, i use my other hand to rest my chin on lol.
kai99
I also want to add a question. Which is better, higher dpi & low sensitivity in game, or low dpi & high sensitivity in game? Serms like many of you guys are using the former. Then why is that?
Sandy Hoey
I believe that it is better to change your dpi and leave the ingame sensitivity at 1.0 because if you change it too much, some people have noticed some issues with their cursor while playing
Givani30
Yeah i guess changing dpi is better than ingame sens. In 3d games, you get something that's called pixel skipping(google it). I don't know if this applies to osu as well though.
kai99

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I believe that it is better to change your dpi and leave the ingame sensitivity at 1.0 because if you change it too much, some people have noticed some issues with their cursor while playing

Givani30 wrote:

Yeah i guess changing dpi is better than ingame sens. In 3d games, you get something that's called pixel skipping(google it). I don't know if this applies to osu as well though.
I've just searched it up, and realized this was the problem I was having with low dpi / high sens on my game itself (also why I moved onto using my trackpad)
Thanks for the info - I guess I'll change my settings whenever in the future when I'll ever get to use my mouse again.
Cryption
Only moving wirst/fingers and 1000dpi 1.0 osu and raw input on. and make sure you have disabled the enhance pointer precision in windows mouse settings( unless ure using rawinput which disables windows mouse settings anyway)