forum

deadmau5 - Infra Turbo Pigcart Racer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
despicablealex
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 10 February 2017 at 15:25:35

Artist: deadmau5
Title: Infra Turbo Pigcart Racer
BPM: 148
Filesize: 18343kb
Play Time: 09:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (3.07 stars, 1385 notes)
Download: deadmau5 - Infra Turbo Pigcart Racer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song is so great.
BitCritterSpyro
I can see potential in this, but the timing is incorrect. If you were to play the metronome while you're in the Timing section of the editor, the first non-chord-playing instrument that chimes in (the one that constantly plays the G#/A-flat, slowly increasing in volume) doesn't match up with the metronome. That one instrument alone actually defines the rate at which the rhythm beats.

I know that it must've been hard for you to catch the rhythm of that first non-chord instrument, which is why you understandably placed those 5 other BPM-change markers. Change the primary BPM to 128 and delete the other BPM marks, and then listen to the entire song at least 5 times. You'll notice that this time, the metronome matches the rhythm of the majority of the song. If you listen to the song another 5 times, you might even feel the rhythm of that first non-chord instrument before it actually plays.

This is just step one of what needs fixing, however. I can see that you wanted to make this an "Insane" beatmap, but the star count actually goes down to around 2.5 stars once you fix that error, so you'd have to work on the map again if you want AiMod to count this map as an "Insane." However, the timespan of your hit circles could serve as a good basis for a Normal or Hard difficulty, instead. Just make sure to resnap the hit circles to their appropriate timing ticks.

Also, if you want to go for one of these two easier difficulties, bear in mind that the HP drain rate and the Overall Difficulty ratings are too high and should be lowered. I say this because I've played the beatmap, and I was only able to play for less than one minute, because there were too many instances where I clicked the circles on time, but wasn't given enough health back for my good efforts. The lack of new combos every few seconds also contributed to this. A steady rate of new combos helps a player gain their health back for each good play per combo, and you thus should put a new combo for every two or four big white ticks.

And that's really all I have to say about this map. It has some potential, but it needs work. I'm just here to give you starting points on how to fix it. Good luck, otherwise, okay? You'll need it. ;3
Topic Starter
despicablealex
It's based on speed.