forum

Can i measure my osu level by star maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SanzenSekai
i know pp basicly shows you what you're able to do but there are people with 1k pp that are better then me and 2.5k pp that are less good then me. simply cuz they dont play for pp or they only play for pp etc.

can i see somewhere around which percentage or rank i would be with my maps?
if there isnt, ive finished around 14, 6 star maps (6-6,34 star) and 50+ 5,5 or higher maps.
what percentage of the osu players would you guys think i am?

i only wanna know this to have a basic idea of my level and the levels of other players :3
Sandy Hoey
"Finished" doesnt mean much...
silmarilen
Looking at what kind of star rating you can fc and what kind of acc you get on them is good for a rough estimate of your skill. However, it's only a rough estimate and shouldn't really be used for any kind of comparison other than saying that someone who can SS 5* is better than someone who can't SS 3*. And as sandy said, passing maps doesn't mean much.
B1rd
If you can pass Freedom Dive Four Dimensions, then you're good.
chainpullz
*rating is a bad measure too. The best measure is to just compare on a map by map basis. If there aren't many fcs on a map and you fc it then either it's a decent score or nobody good has bothered to play the map.
7ambda
or wreck the shit out of everyone in multi
-Makishima S-
Star rating have nothing to skill. Many maps which require waaaaaaay higher experience and skill than typical "haitai garbage" are lower on stars.

Many players can FC for example Best Friends DT which is 6,91* but not many of them can FC this maps:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/384263 - 5.97*
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/463479 - 5.79*

Which means you can be skilled in many parts of the game: nomod, double time, hard rock, technical pattern based maps, reading low AR (EZ mod for example) etc.

There is not many players who are highly skilled in everything (often called all-rounders).
[Haku]
There is no skill. There are skills.
Boeing able to make pp is a kind of skill by itself. Being good Imo is having multiple skills and being versatile. Star rating doesn't show anything. Technical map for exemple are way too underrated on general. And being able to clear multiple 7* jump map for exemple doesn't mean that you're able to clear any 6* stream or technical map.
Measuring skills is one of the hardest thing to do and there is no accurate way to do it.
Edgar_Figaro
Honestly people have different skillsets and players roughly similar rank can have vastly different skills. Some people can pass crazy stuff but struggle to get good ACC or FC stuff that maybe another player can FC easily but then not be able to pass the crazy stuff. Also some people excel at certain styles of maps like streams vs jumps vs technical ect
rekhichem

[Haku] wrote:

There is no skill. There are skills.
Boeing able to make pp is a kind of skill by itself. Being good Imo is having multiple skills and being versatile. Star rating doesn't show anything. Technical map for exemple are way too underrated on general. And being able to clear multiple 7* jump map for exemple doesn't mean that you're able to clear any 6* stream or technical map.
Measuring skills is one of the hardest thing to do and there is no accurate way to do it.
Best answer so far.