forum

Help Learning Hard Rock?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ron_mario
I cannot play HR for my life. It makes me annoyed because in my play it is usually my acc that suffers the most and I want to train my acc and rhythm sense using HR, but my HR is so much worse than my nomod or DT that I just get too frustrated too quick. I don't want to be salty towards HR because I can't play it, but when I play it everything seems off. I have played it for a little bit so I'm not totally new to it either. I seemed to get better at DT just by playing nomod, but by HR is still where it was a long time ago. For instance my highest nomod fc is nearly 6* and my highest DT fc is around 5.85*, but my highest HR fc with acceptable acc is probably around 4.5*. It's terrible. This is not a rant, but me wondering how I can be so much worse at HR than everything else and how I can improve my rhythm sense and accuracy to be able to play it so all the mods can be one big happy family.
o x
General discussion is for non-osu! related topics only. Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting again. A moderator will move this to the correct spot so don't create a new thread.
If you aren't sure what a forum is used for, look under the name for a short description of what is posted there.
rekhichem
try to get a better accuracy in no mod first , imo you need to have a decent no mod accuracy (od=8~9) before playing HR ; also I just wanted to say that I started playing hr 6 months ago when I was approximately at the same lvl as you, it took me a while to get used to it but eventually I adapted to it and now I m 5.9k pp tanks to hr and high acc nomod , so yeah don't give up that early :) , practice more and tell yourself that you can and will do it ez, gl hf.
FreezyLemon
I don't know what kind of maps you usually like to play, but it's usually either the OD or the CS that makes HR difficult for people.
So when you say your problem is accuracy, maybe try searching for some songs with a high nomod OD and play those, to get used to more accurately tapping to the music.
It's really just a matter of getting used to^^
markii
AR 10 and OD 10 are both hard enough to learn separately let alone at the same time
dung eater
locate your problem, it's not hr, it's something it does to the maps

focus on that by picking or editing maps to practice it
Jukkii
I think the problem is that youre not good enough at nomod yet to play HR. HR is added on to nomod and is based around your nomod ability, playing HR without good nomod ability is like building a castle on sand. Id say around 4,5k-5k pp is a good point for HR, but even then it is not a must. You can get to over 7k pp or more with nomod alone.

As for myself, i cant properly play HR because of reading, i cant really read AR10 properly, OD10 isnt too bad, CS5+ is ez to aim and i only go for FCs anyway so HP is basically irrelevant. And i dont think ill be becoming a hr main anytime soon.