forum

The best way to play the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bweh

All you have to do is PM me your credit card information.
Catch the Beat, Taiko, and mania user need not apply.
Blitzfrog
How come when I post stuff like this, I get silenced
Topic Starter
Bweh
It's cool when I do it
Blitzfrog
4376 8263 1849 8277

08/03/2019

Nicholas Stanley

Ok give me one thanks
abraker

Brian OA wrote:

mania user here. What do I get?
Topic Starter
Bweh

Blitzfrog wrote:

4376 8263 1849 8277

08/03/2019

Nicholas Stanley

Ok give me one thanks
Follow instructions you dip

abraker wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

Nothing
Stefan
wow, tablet-chan is cute

Blitzfrog wrote:

How come when I post stuff like this, I get silenced
this is a pure lie and you know that. (´・ω ・`)
Blitzfrog

Stefan wrote:

this is a pure lie and you know that. (´・ω ・`)
You got me
abraker

Brian OA wrote:

abraker wrote:

Nothing
Thank you. I will cherish your gift of nothing until I die
Rwyta
Why Tablet-chan is so far away?

and why is she not naked?
GSG95

Allmynamestaken wrote:

and why is she not naked?
perhaps the most important question of all
winber1
its part of the dlc package
Erlkonig
tablet-chan looks terrified
WavePoint
No words. No regrets.
thelewa
"“Play More” or "Keep Playing" is an extremely vague quote that doesn't help any player specifically."

Verily so, the only advice that's actually helpful is "try thinking for yourself". If you are incapable of doing that much, you are incapable of improving.

osu! is a great test of intelligence. Anyone incapable of getting good at it is an idiot. I'm not saying that the ones that are good at clicking circles or playing other games are especially smart or anything, but at least they're capable of figuring things out for themselves. They're not idiots.
picky picky_old

thelewa wrote:

"“Play More” or "Keep Playing" is an extremely vague quote that doesn't help any player specifically."

Verily so, the only advice that's actually helpful is "try thinking for yourself". If you are incapable of doing that much, you are incapable of improving.

osu! is a great test of intelligence. Anyone incapable of getting good at it is an idiot. I'm not saying that the ones that are good at clicking circles or playing other games are especially smart or anything, but at least they're capable of figuring things out for themselves.
stop
thelewa
what part did you disagree with?
Blitzfrog

thelewa wrote:

what part did you disagree with?
Fastest way to learn is by getting taught
thelewa
Not in osu!. How is someone going to teach you how to properly move the pen or the mouse in a way optimal to the way your hand is? How is someone going to teach you to make new nerve connections allowing for faster movement of fingers? How is someone going to teach you to process the visual information received? These are all things that you cannot receive help with. They're things you have to figure out for yourself.
Blitzfrog

thelewa wrote:

Not in osu!. How is someone going to teach you how to properly move the pen or the mouse in a way optimal to the way your hand is? How is someone going to teach you to make new nerve connections allowing for faster movement of fingers? How is someone going to teach you to process the visual information received? These are all things that you cannot receive help with. They're things you have to figure out for yourself.

ye olde OT
Foxtrot

thelewa wrote:

It takes repitition to acquire those motor skills, because that's what they are at the end of the day. I don't think it requires logic. So no, the "play more" advice is not too vague in my opinion. For example, you could know anything about the piano, right? But if you never sit down and nurture your motor skills, you'd be a horrible player. An idiot could sit down and do the same thing every day, but that doesn't mean they'll actually learn the technical side of clicking circles (if there even is one. I am not an expert on this and I haven't even played the game in a while.)
Blitzfrog

Foxtrot wrote:

It takes repitition to acquire those motor skills, because that's what they are at the end of the day. I don't think it requires logic. So no, the "play more" advice is not too vague in my opinion. For example, you could know anything about the piano, right? But if you never sit down and nurture your motor skills, you'd be a horrible player. An idiot could sit down and do the same thing every day, but that doesn't mean they'll actually learn the technical side of clicking circles (if there even is one. I am not an expert on this and I haven't even played the game in a while.)
Because piano teachers are useless people
show more