posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Lasse
Stjpa

Stjpa wrote:

[easy]
  1. not sure if ar4 is really necessary, its only 163bpm after all and u have a lot of 2/1 gaps and 1/1 patterns that are pretty easy to follow as a beginner ar3 now, should still be readable just fine and decimals dont fit the set
  2. 00:49:702 (4) - using 1/2 repeats are completely fine if theres a little break afterwards which is the case here, not really needed but i dont see a reason to not do it :p I really dislike them on lowest diffs personally and only having like two or three of them would be kinda lol I think
  3. 01:39:458 (3) - personally i dislike all of these 3/2 repeat sliders because they dont really cover anything. sure there are vocals in the background, but theres also a drum on the white tick before repeat and a drumroll after repeat so it might be really confusing as a beginner since a lot of ur objects landed on white ticks anyway I think they work well cause they follow the held vocal and allow me to map that rather unique high pitched sound on spots like 00:25:373 - 01:40:007 - while transitioning to the drum roll
  4. 02:52:629 (1) - nc necessary? its p much the same as the ones from pre-kiai imo right, removed for now but it's also kinda inconsistent with the overall 2 measure comboing so I'm not 100% sure
[normal]
  1. 00:20:434 (1) - is it supposed to look so edgy lol not sure why I made it like that, but it looks a bit unfitting, fixed
  2. 00:36:531 (4,5,6,7) - rhythm doesnt really fit the drums and is more confusing than anything, try out this rhythm, feels a bit better if u ask me alright, changed this and 01:51:714 -
[hard]
  1. 00:40:922 (1,2) - do u mind custom stacking it to make the circle more visible? just kinda like 00:37:995 (1,2) . rn the circle is completely hidden by the slidertail, not the coolest thing for a player of this level (same goes every similar pattern that goes from the right to the left, obviously) k, changed this and 01:56:105 (2) - though I think people that can play hards should be able to read the through approach circles too
[lunatic]
  1. 00:25:464 (3) - whats the reasoning of "overmapping" this circle? yeah theres a little background noise, but because of the stream feels pretty unsatisfying to play and its confusing for a second as the noice is barely audible and suddenly u have all the strong drums appearing in the same stream it still follow the high pitched background sounds, just no drums. having it empty would feel more strange to me o:
call me back w
thanks!
Stjpa
b
Okoratu
üüüüüü whz is mz kezboard set to german

ok fixed

that you don't hitsound the cool guitar in 01:40:922 - is a bit sad
02:54:092 (1) - if i ever wanted to copyright a slidershape ala finebros i'd go for this one

[lunatic]
01:04:153 (1) - somehow spacing ended up being confusing 02:18:239 (3,1) - have way less physical movement so moving it down and to the right or doing sometyhing different with it that makes it not as easily misreadable as 1/1 break between objects would cool

all of the following is general stuff so treat it as such
00:49:702 (1,2,3) - (and the repetition of it) i think the 1/8 slider's length isnt easily predictable along with the prefect stacking in this pattern looking kinda ehhhhh, i don't think there's anything that needs an 1/8 or 1/4 slider on it anyways so http://i.imgur.com/063tMZ2.png would be preferred rhythm

00:56:379 (5,6) - (and similar) i just think that moving outside the sliderbody to hit something is meh in an otherwise really simplistic difficulty

01:01:958 (3) - i just think that perf stacking on visible objects should be avoided on a diff with ar8 zz

01:12:934 (7,8,1) - patterns like these make sense but just look meh aesthetically because last object of the back and forth goes through the two other objects, generally i think you should either avoid this situation or

[hard]
since you don't use actual 3/4 sliders into other sliders in most of the parts that have 1/4 reversing sliders, the only 3/4 sliders in the diff are things like 00:12:751 (6) - and since these are of differing lengths (see 00:13:849 (4) - just after) reading these can become quite confusing for the actual target audience (aka people that actually can't play insanes)
i'd advise to stick to one time repeat sliders only and rearrange patterning around that, usually proves to be much more straightforward for players
00:24:458 (4) - aesthetically eh
00:40:922 (1,2) - uh is this costm stack necessary
01:00:861 (3) - somehow clicking this sliderhead feels off even tho it isnt and idk how to explain this but maybe try 2 circles in some of these i have no idea

[normal]
could use more balance between circles and sliders, stuff like 00:10:190 (4) - or stuff in slower sections could simplify things such as 00:16:044 (5,6,7,1,2,3) - to just use more 1/1 circles, kinda like 00:19:702 (5,6) - (slap me somewhere when this doesn't explain what i take issue with clearly enough)
00:12:751 (3) - hitsound missing?
00:56:105 (5) - this sounds and feels so odd, the 3/4 rhythm almost seems invented

[]

yeah
Topic Starter
Lasse
Okorin

Okorin wrote:

üüüüüü whz is mz kezboard set to german

ok fixed

that you don't hitsound the cool guitar in 01:40:922 - is a bit sad I tried hitsounding the guitar in this part with normal whistles before (cause soft are already for some vocal stuff), but combined with the other hitsounding it felt a bit too spammy cause overall hitsounding is very simplistic + it's mainly mapping vocals/drums anyways
02:54:092 (1) - if i ever wanted to copyright a slidershape ala finebros i'd go for this one d

[lunatic]
01:04:153 (1) - somehow spacing ended up being confusing 02:18:239 (3,1) - have way less physical movement so moving it down and to the right or doing sometyhing different with it that makes it not as easily misreadable as 1/1 break between objects would cool adjusted 01:03:239 (2,3) - a bit to make it go from 2.25x to 1.95x at 01:03:605 (3,1) -

all of the following is general stuff so treat it as such
00:49:702 (1,2,3) - (and the repetition of it) i think the 1/8 slider's length isnt easily predictable along with the prefect stacking in this pattern looking kinda ehhhhh, i don't think there's anything that needs an 1/8 or 1/4 slider on it anyways so http://i.imgur.com/063tMZ2.png would be preferred rhythm alright, I got some complaints about these already

00:56:379 (5,6) - (and similar) i just think that moving outside the sliderbody to hit something is meh in an otherwise really simplistic difficulty
yea, changed these to overlap+even spacing (cause overlap+stack looks weird)

01:01:958 (3) - i just think that perf stacking on visible objects should be avoided on a diff with ar8 zz

01:12:934 (7,8,1) - patterns like these make sense but just look meh aesthetically because last object of the back and forth goes through the two other objects, generally i think you should either avoid this situation or
don't really agree for both of these, things like the first one still seem pretty readable and all to me and I think the second one looks cute lol

[hard]
since you don't use actual 3/4 sliders into other sliders in most of the parts that have 1/4 reversing sliders, the only 3/4 sliders in the diff are things like 00:12:751 (6) - and since these are of differing lengths (see 00:13:849 (4) - just after) reading these can become quite confusing for the actual target audience (aka people that actually can't play insanes)
disagree in general for this diff. they are usually okay readability wise with the distinct spacing and all and I think they are kinda necessary to fit with how hard these spots are on the highest diff + it feels a bit too undermapped like that in many spots. But I changed 00:37:629 (7) - and 01:52:263 (7) - (=only spots where 2x repeat happened right after 1x) since I can see them being a bit more problematic. 2x => 1x patterns like 02:44:946 (5,1,2) - seem less problematic and are kinda necessary where they are used.
i'd advise to stick to one time repeat sliders only and rearrange patterning around that, usually proves to be much more straightforward for players
00:24:458 (4) - aesthetically eh increased spacing to 00:24:824 (1) - body a bit, looks fine besides that I think
00:40:922 (1,2) - uh is this costm stack necessary idk anymore lol. reverted back to what it was initially, same for 01:56:105 (2) -
01:00:861 (3) - somehow clicking this sliderhead feels off even tho it isnt and idk how to explain this but maybe try 2 circles in some of these i have no idea hm it feels perfectly fine to me considering the overall vocal focus of the whole map o:

[normal]
could use more balance between circles and sliders, stuff like 00:10:190 (4) - or stuff in slower sections could simplify things such as 00:16:044 (5,6,7,1,2,3) - to just use more 1/1 circles, kinda like 00:19:702 (5,6) - (slap me somewhere when this doesn't explain what i take issue with clearly enough)
changed 00:10:190 (4) - cause it also makes rhythm a bit more varied
don't really want to change things like 00:16:044 (5,6,7) - cause that would make me either use like 3x 1/2 clicks or add a 1/2 slider somewhere to still follow the vocals and piano like I want to[. also most sliders in that part are mapped to piano on head so changing some would feel a bit odd I think. tried to find other spots where that could work, but all I tried seemed weird. yeah it's a bit slider heavy, but it's not like there are slider only parts or something like that.

00:12:751 (3) - hitsound missing? it has whistles on both like all other diffs, so I don't think so lol
00:56:105 (5) - this sounds and feels so odd, the 3/4 rhythm almost seems invented I think it works really well with the snare on this?

[]

yeah

thanks!

[]

edit: also changed sampleset of a few 3/4 sliderends to S:C2 cause they should all use that
Okoratu
00:12:751 (3) - doesnt this need clap or am i going insane???

hard
02:44:946 (5,2) - ehhhh ((repeats))

what i meant for normal:
00:14:580 - to 00:26:288 - and 01:29:214 - 01:40:922 - contain too many patterns that are really similar or identical to what kiai does, you can make the diff more interesting by using more simplistic 1/1 circles for a lot of these 1/2 patterns which would make the sections feel distinctly different, add a bit more contrast and a bit more balance to the diff overall

btw easy is rhythm-wise more of a normal
looks very similar to the easy i renamed to normal on deus ex machina before ranking upon krfawy complaining that it's too rhythmically complex in the choruses to be an easy

it's fine as the lowest diff tho so
Topic Starter
Lasse
added the clap on all diffs

I think that repeat on hard is fine as it has the longer one first and the transition to 1x shouldn't be too harsh since by this point players encountered both version a few times already and the patterning should make it clear

for normal:
I can't come up with much that I see as fitting, but I did something at least:
00:14:580 (1,2,3) - has no 1/2 sliders anymore, which also makes the drum roll on 00:25:556 (6,7) - stand out more due to now being more dense
also the 0.9 => 1x sv difference also makes for noticeable difference in intensity compared to the chorus
I tried things like replacing 00:21:897 (4) - with 1/1 circles, but I feel like that takes a way too much from the piano here :c

as for the naming of lowest diffs: I think it's okay since "easy" doesn't use any active 1/2 rhythms on low-ish bpm and also utilizes lots of 2/1 breaks, calling this a normal might be "okay", but the current normal is definitely not something I would call "advanced" and I think it can still pass as an easy (naming wise)

also made 00:22:263 - 00:22:629 - 01:36:897 - soft sampleset on e/n since the normal samples are only really there to fit the 1/4 the higher diffs have here better
Okoratu
there's a sv change in the normal?

nice, didn't notice

00:24:824 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5) - long complex chains of objects like these still are kinda tilt especially since they end up way more cluttered than everything in the kiais
and i'd assume beginners struggle more with interpreting clutter like this (actually when i asked some actual beginners during diffspecific testing were tilted that mappers force so many slideres in their diffs most just wanted to click more stuff lol)
Topic Starter
Lasse
hm alright, made 00:25:556 (5,6,1,2) - 01:39:458 (4,5,6,1,2) - way less cluttered. there are still some things like 00:29:946 (2,3,4,5) - but they are less cluttered due to slider lengths anyways and the part is a bit more intense musically too
should be fine now I think + if I simplify this difficulty even more I think it'd become too close to the easy and make the gap to hard too big.
the only other "fitting" solution would involve things like suddenly placing three 1/2 circles which doesn't even happen in the more intense parts

also shouldn't beginners be playing the easy diff anyways? like if normal was the lowest diff I wouldn't have done most of these lol. but since there is a diff lower than it, it should be alright cause people that can't handle this stuff still have a diff they should be able to properly play
^being able to map normals a bit more "complex" is also the main reason I tend to include easy diffs in my maps instead of forcing these 1.9* normals
Okoratu
idk might just be me but

hard
00:56:105 (3,4,5,6) - and similar: double into a reverse slider seems kinda uhhh needlessly complicated? i find double into circle+triple much easier to interpret and it'd also align with vocals a bit better

on normal first clickable object (the circle) feels underhitsounded but i can't pinpoint why
it works as a spinnerend but it feels like air when you actively have to click

other than that the bg is semi-questionable
how about something less butt-focused?
Topic Starter
Lasse
makes sense, but I think a triple is too much here, so I just removed one repeat from each of them and arranged stuff a bit differently
also I found mapping a triple starting from 00:56:836 - to take away more from the vocals here than having them on the end of the repeat and it felt a bit unfitting considering other clickable 1/4 in the chorus are usually mapped to loud drums and not the background sounds

did the same for 01:08:361 (6) - 02:11:288 (6) - 02:22:995 (6) - 03:11:288 (6) -

fixed hs in normal, it was supposed to have normal clap, but that didn't get copied over from other diffs

for the bg:
I spent quite a lot of time looking through several sites etc. and all other character relevant stuff I found was either even more questionable, ugly, used on ranked maps already or had aspect ratios that weren't workable with
need to make up for having no farm diff by using clickbait bg

changed bg after some discussion with multiple people, redownload

should be good to go now I guess
Okoratu
would make the light blue more brightly cyan-ish because that would make it as clearly different from the bg than the other colors in your palette
Topic Starter
Lasse
done

I also just noticed I had this tab open for 5 hours 👀
Okoratu
nice
Stjpa
👀
Kalibe
grats!
Shiirn
when will touhou die
Sulfur

Shiirn wrote:

when will touhou die
never
_handholding
AR 8 makes reading with HD so hard....

tbh just really hard in general, at least for the majority of players at this bpm, why did you opt for this?
Myxo
Great map, congratz!
Delis
so does this mean I still can map with my style for rank? great.

edit: I just mean it's nice map :D