forum

Would buying a gamin mouse for osu! would be a good idea?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old
Well I'm searching for a good reason should I'll replace my mouse or not.

So I was wondering... would buying a gaming mouse for osu will be a good idea?
Mara
No.
NoHitter
I use a Razer DeathAdder. Then again, I play other games too.
Mara
I have Razer Copperhead, but I don't play osu! standard. \:D/
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old

NoHItter wrote:

I use a Razer DeathAdder. Then again, I play other games too.
Well there are some games like s4 league, quake III live or minecraft that I'm playing on PC as well(and couple MMOrpg's), but mostly i was wondering about osu. I think the current mouse is fine enough for the other ones, Yet i never tried a gaming mouse especially in the game so i dunno what's the differences really. I know that the DPI is higher so it's more sensitive but how it works in game. I have no idea.
Mara

Emiya Shiro wrote:

quake III live
What.

Q3 or QL?
Zerostarry
I went from a ball mouse to a Logitech G5

Made a hell of a difference ;_;
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old

LunaticMara wrote:

Emiya Shiro wrote:

quake III live
What.

Q3 or QL?
Um Quake live is basically Quake 3 so why bother?
boat
as long as you put your money on a mouse that isn't junk or ricer crap
Mara

Emiya Shiro wrote:

Going on major offtopic, but why bother to add extra letters, when original game title is shorter?

HERPDERP.

EDIT: Post under me doesn't make any sense.
Topic Starter
Emiya Shiro_old

LunaticMara wrote:

Emiya Shiro wrote:

Going on major offtopic, but why bother to add extra letters, when original game title is shorter?

HERPDERP.
Yeah it will be slightly off-topic. Because your accustomed that it is Quake III ... Live :P
xsrsbsns
you should get a good mouse for gaming, not just for osu.

for osu you could always buy a tablet....
Kert
If you want to buy something specially for osu, then tablet will be the best choice for you

[offtopic]
I want to play QL with you
But my latency is not really awesome
[/offtopic]
D33d
An expensive mouse would be a waste of money for osu! alone, but it certainly helps. Get a mouse which has a substantial footprint and isn't too heavy/clunky. If you like the thought of a Logitech mouse, then get an MX518.
TKiller
Bullshit, bullshit and bullshit.

Whatever you're buying a mouse for, the first thing you need to consider is how it fits your hand (shape, size, weight). You might consider available sensitivities if you really know what you're gonna use that feature for.

Most of people advising you to buy some precise model just don't have much expirience with others.

And last, but most important, a gaming mouse won't make you aim better. The only way to improve your aiming, is improving your perception itself. Mouse movement will improve along.
Stagione

TKiller wrote:

Bullshit, bullshit and bullshit.

Whatever you're buying a mouse for, the first thing you need to consider is how it fits your hand (shape, size, weight). You might consider available sensitivities if you really know what you're gonna use that feature for.

Most of people advising you to buy some precise model just don't have much expirience with others.

And last, but most important, a gaming mouse won't make you aim better. The only way to improve your aiming, is improving your perception itself. Mouse movement will improve along.
True. I bought a Razer mouse because it was on sale. Tried it for a week and hated it because it's bigger and heavier than my old $20 logitech mouse that I've been using for years. I just couldn't get used to it. It is now sitting on the floor beside my computer.
Nikuyuga
Not really I guess..
Shohei Ohtani
Preferably don't get a wireless mouse, though. I use one right now, and it kinda sucks when my mouse is inconsistent in its movement ;~;
CInk_Ibrahim
I plan to get an Razer Orochi but damn its expensive.I am not sure if it is worth it.
bapae
I wouldn't buy a gaming mouse unless you are an avid FPS player. I use a 500 DPI mouse and i can play some pretty quick stuff and im a new player to this game.
JordanFreeman
I'd get a Logitech MX518 or a G500. Both are reasonably priced and feel great. Don't go for anything over £50 because there is simply no way a mouse can be worth that much unless it's coated in gold, but getting a 'gaming' grade mouse certainly makes playing games and shiz much more comfortable. You won't get any better though, you have to do that yourself, and as a previous poster said, get one that suites your grip and hand shape.

This all depends on whether or not you like having mouse acceleration on or not. If you do, then a gaming mouse is probably not worth it, since the extra precision will probably not be noticed.
Tshemmp
This depends on the mouse you have at the moment. In my case the mouse was okay but it i often failed on spinners, because the optical sensor was not fast/precise enough to get this fast mouse movement. Then I bought a Roccat Kone [+] and everything works fine now. I would have never been able to do such huge jumps with my older mouse.
BUT: A gaming mouse is not so useful if you play only osu!. Most gaming mouses have special features like macros, weight sets, profiles etc. And you don't need such things in osu!. But if you play other games aswell where such functions could be useful...
MarKKaM
I have the Razer Lachesis. And this is totally huge holy crap because it does't fit my hand. >>>> wanna to buy bamboo pen now.