forum

[Archived] Is using FriendViewer legal?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnonymousPlayer_old
Is using a program FriendViewer even legal?

For those of you who doesn't know what FriendViewer is... its a program that business use allot. It gives a person the ability to control another users Computer who are logged on and are connected with each other. I've seen this when i would sneak on the laptop... (my brother has caught me by seeing points or chats he didn't remember making... especially when he was in the hospital. so i gotta be more sneaky so... made my own account ^^. back on track) I take it people are asking the more experienced players to help them level up or get a better rank.

I don't care about ranking or anything... the only time im competitive is when my hair is flying through the air with Proto in hand ramping at a player behind a bunker on flag side, getting the satisfying felling of paint exploding in face mask as bro and target move in through snake or i just... BAACK ON TOPIC!

But i know that there are allot of players who are all about ranking and not just for the fun (the enjoy it... but at a competitive level) So i was just wondering. because if it is illegal... i think if the person is SOMEHOW caught... (I.E. game chat) then it should be a restriction or a possible ban.

Just looking for more insight on the matter.
Xanek
wouldnt matter that much since most screen viewing programs have lag and a slow refresh rate so it is nearly impossible to do something like you are asking.

But if those factors were eliminated then probably yeah
Topic Starter
AnonymousPlayer_old
... yea. because there are some really good ones out there. teamviewer can work really well sometimes. i use it for Mugen with my brother. its how we do torunaments... and there is no lag. exspecialy when you use a program called hamachi.

hamachi is a program that generates an ip adress (usualy 5.x.x.x) and multiple (up t 5 at once) can connect to the same ip... increasing the speed by 10 fold. combine that with high end computers (i.e. alienware mx117 (love this thing! way to go bros!) or completely moded desktops and laptops) and there is virtually no lag if the connections are good. just ask KCDVS players (free online yugioh... ie what gameking used to be... but a little worse)
Shiirn
This is just multi-monitoring, and while it's not explicitly bannable, it is extremely looked down upon in the community.
Topic Starter
AnonymousPlayer_old
monitoring? they're playing for the player! how is that monitoring?! i saw chats about that earlyier this week on my bros account.
OzzyOzrock
Yeah, I don't think this is like multi-monitoring at all.

This idea... is... hmm, strange, but would be generalized as more of a bad thing, as people could ask others to help improve their scores, such as fixing A ranks or something, which eliminates the learning curve that's supposed to be seen.
Topic Starter
AnonymousPlayer_old
yea. i know there are probably are some players wanting to get on the top 50.
awp
It is a Remote Desktop application that enables someone to account share without revealing their password.

So it's basically an ineffective way to "cheat" (if you consider letting someone else play on your account cheating; I just consider it retarded)
Topic Starter
AnonymousPlayer_old
theres a mouse control mod too. thats what im talking about. that way technically the owner is still on.
James2250
I highly doubt that many people in osu! are doing this (first of all because if you want to do that you might as well just give them your account details and save all of the trouble, and second I have been on a few of the programs like that and have never seen one that is completely lag free)

Anyway yes technically it is against the rules ...and I suppose bannable if done for a long enough amount of time but pretty much impossible to prove without some solid chat logs of it. If you see anyone discuss it then feel free to mention it to any of the Mods.
Topic Starter
AnonymousPlayer_old
ahh. ok.

have you tried using server shares? i play mugen via pc joint, and we hardly ever get a lag if the network is good and the ram is high
but thx for the info...

nice to see that people still remember majora's mask ^^
Azure_Kite
How could people Forget?