forum

osu mouse aim help plz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CrownGuilty9
So I am trying to get good with mouse aiming and I tried to put my sensitivity in my game to 1 but that worsens my aim. I have raw input on. and my mouse dpi is 1600. I originally use 4.4x sens in game with resolution of 2560x1440. Is there a way to get good at aim other than (keep playing) or (you'll get better later on). I want to do better now then later.

For others that needs to look at option but don't want to go read through that
sense ingame=4.4
resolution 2560x1440
mouse dpi=1600

problem=bad aim and wants to find a better way to get good at aiming
RvNovae
The settings are total preference. You need to find a setting that is comfortable for you and then you need to get good at playing that way. I'm afraid there's no magic fix for this.
Sandy Hoey

RvNovae wrote:

The settings are total preference. You need to find a setting that is comfortable for you and then you need to get good at playing that way. I'm afraid there's no magic fix for this.
This is true, but looking at your sensitivities, they are unbelievably high. It was recommended to me to play with a dpi of below 200 and an ingame sensitivity of 1. This is because anything above that and my cursor starts skipping a little which makes it hard to be consistent. I know that when you change your sensitivity and lower it you dont play as well, but it may be worth putting the time into learning how to play with a lower sensitivity.

This question is also better suited for the Gameplay and Ranking forum
RvNovae

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This is true, but looking at your sensitivities, they are unbelievably high. It was recommended to me to play with a dpi of below 200 and an ingame sensitivity of 1. This is because anything above that and my cursor starts skipping a little which makes it hard to be consistent. I know that when you change your sensitivity and lower it you dont play as well, but it may be worth putting the time into learning how to play with a lower sensitivity.
This question is also better suited for the Gameplay and Ranking forum

I agree!
DeathHydra

CrownGuilty9 wrote:

I want to do better now then later.
Lmao
Jukkii
That DPI and sens are way too high, it is harder to hit circles accurately and precisely like that. Precision is important, and you should learn it early on. Try using 1k DPI with around 1.5x sens. Please note that you wont get used to a new sens immediately, it can take from hours to days.
JeromeTT

-Jukke- wrote:

Try using 1k DPI with around 1.5x sens
Or just keep it at 1600
E m i
[insert any dpi you want] take your vertical resolution into account
+ mouse acceleration off
+ 6/11 windows sens
+ 1.0x osu sensitivity
+ raw input on
I Give Up
Your sensitivity settings are way too high. Your current play area is literally the size of a single rice grain. And your cursor is going to have really grainy angular movement on faster maps.

First you need to go to your windows mouse settings and ensure that needle is in the middle (6th tick) and that Enhanced pointer precision is turned off.

Then you need to lower osu multiplier to x1.0.

That way your mouse movement in desktop and every other app will be the same as osu which can help build muscle memory. Good luck.
Sayorie
Sanic speed, damn. If this was an FPS game, I'd be spinning like crazy.

Try to start with a lower sensitivity, and slowly push it higher whenever you feel too exhausted to move your arm until you get your sweet spot sensitivity.
Nattsun
I had to adjust my mouse DPI because of one reason. Reaching corners. Don't underestimate this issue.

Mouse acceleration should be off (it is off if you use raw input, but turn it off either way, since it'll screw up your musclememory if you are using the mouse for other stuff with the same settings). Windows sens 6/11, and osu! multiplier x1.0. Only use a higher multiplier in osu! if you can't adjust DPI in your mouse driver.

You pick your DPI with this in mind:
Reach>Comfort>Consistency>Speed.

I don't use my arm to aim, only my fingers+wrist. You better pick your settings early, the earlier the better and don't change your playstyle if you found a comfortable one. It might take a few hours for some people to adapt to a new DPI (including me), but you effectievly throw you back in skill, so don't do it later.
N0thingSpecial
That's a pretty high sensitivity

I have 1280x720
0.78x in game
1200 DPI

Unless you have unhumanly steady as fuck hands you might as well pray that your cursor goes in the right direction and right distance. So lower your sensitivity and go from there