forum

Is the wacom ctl490dw a good tablet for osu or not?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TranziT
I saw that tablet and i want to know if it is good or not for osu (if is as good as the ctl480)
Enzy
I would not recommend it. I've seen large amounts of complaints about input lag with it.
Topic Starter
TranziT

Enzy wrote:

I would not recommend it. I've seen large amounts of complaints about input lag with it.

Finally i bought it and i must say imput lag is not a problem
Paneiru

TranziT471 wrote:

Enzy wrote:

Finally i bought it and i must say imput lag is not a problem
You might not be playing at the level where the input lag is noticeable, and I heard the problem was fixed with one of the recent updates to the driver, though I can't confirm this myself. From what I've heard from some friends though, they told me the new driver did indeed fix the issue.
Slay

Paneiru wrote:

You might not be playing at the level where the input lag is noticeable, and I heard the problem was fixed with one of the recent updates to the driver, though I can't confirm this myself. From what I've heard from some friends though, they told me the new driver did indeed fix the issue.
I have that tablet and I haven't noticed any input lag whatsoever. I don't know if I'm just not good enough to notice it but I do consider myself decent at the game.

I highly recommend that tablet, although I heard that CTL-480 is better.
Topic Starter
TranziT
Im not good enought, thats true, but i play a lot of osu droid, thats a the reason why i consider myself good enought to qualify the imput lag problem and i must say its not a problem, its totally solved
Topic Starter
TranziT
Also i want to ask, how often do you change the nibs? Im supposed to change them often or like 1 nib every 3 months or so or how?
Slay

TranziT471 wrote:

Also i want to ask, how often do you change the nibs? Im supposed to change them often or like 1 nib every 3 months or so or how?
Depends if you drag or hover. I personally drag and while dragging you will have to change the nibs more often. And yes, I usually change them every 3 months or so.
Enzy
I've not changed nib for 2 years.

It did get worn out a lot, but didn't really stop me from playing. I just took it out and flipped it. Still using the same nib now. :)
Topic Starter
TranziT

Slay wrote:

TranziT471 wrote:

Depends if you drag or hover. I personally drag and while dragging you will have to change the nibs more often. And yes, I usually change them every 3 months or so.
thanks i was really worried about this :D
Topic Starter
TranziT

Enzy wrote:

I've not changed nib for 2 years.

It did get worn out a lot, but didn't really stop me from playing. I just took it out and flipped it. Still using the same nib now. :)
I was thinking "im going to spend a lot of money only on the nibs" but thanks, lol