1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Its hp 6.5 and theres 6 seconds of drain combined at 03:57:837 (1) - and then 04:00:178 (5) - to 04:02:081 (1) -
Maybe insert break time as its after a difficult stream. This allows the player to take a break without losing HP before the hard part.
posted
Please stop arguing about whether or not this map is a full copy of Monstrata or not. If a GMT or someone of significant power believes this to be stolen/copied then they will deal with it. The only replies on this thread for now should be mods and feedback on the map. If constant replies relating to the drama are to be continued then the thread will be locked permanently and people will end up get silenced as MrSergio said.
I hope there won't be any more drama or memery in here.

Don't make me warn you with a silence please, it is not worth the game, trust me.
Locking for the time being, contact a GMT if you need it unlocked for something actually "useful" to the map.
And also Monstrata has even specified that this should not be about the map as a whole in his statement;
I'm giving every single example of what I as the original mapper felt was a clear copy. Kroytz is a creative mapper, he can easily find a different way to map those sections I pointed out no? And then I would have no qualms about this map.

Now that, that is clear i would like to see only constructive replies from now on.

i know i sound a bit like an admin but im just getting annoyed
posted
04:19:276 (6,7,8,9,10) - hey man playing this is like stapling your nuts to the roof and jumping off so please change into something flowy
posted
i feel sorry for Kroytz ;n; some sliders and the hole community comes down at him/his map.. yeah some sliders are the same but everything else isnt... try mapping it yourself and see how similar it will become..
posted

Leggo wrote:

i feel sorry for Kroytz ;n; some sliders and the hole community comes down at him/his map.. yeah some sliders are the same but everything else isnt... try mapping it yourself and see how similar it will become..
I'm sorry but have you read monstrata's comment on the first page? it's definitely more than just "some sliders"

the chances of making so many similar looking things is pretty slim if you start out on different places and crap, but what do I know
posted

nibs wrote:

this isn't "copy and pasted"

get off your high horse Monstrata.

there's only a few ways you can map a song that's 99% death metal or whatever it's called. go get a bunch of experienced mappers and give them a dragonforce song, you'll get a few maps that look the same.

"omg this guy made streams and sliders in a place in the song where i put them omg he stole it"
Looking simillar is not like looking copypasted, this map looks literally copied, not inspired.
posted
I think the only way to resolve this is to change the blatantly plagiarized parts and map them in your own rendition, everyone would appreciate that much more.

Just want to say @shiirn

Mapping integrity is something I value a lot, since we don't really get anything else out of mapping than credits for making a good map.
It becomes clear to me that kroytz is with intent copying patterns for successful songs, sometimes even at the same exact spots and posting them on his own maps without any kind of tribute or credits given.

Yes, I do believe what you did on ascension to heaven was wrong, you should have credited the original mapper for it. It's our only currency as mappers after all.

Here's a small bit of patterns I worked hard on myself, which are more or less directly used in his map:

posted

Liiraye wrote:

I think the only way to resolve this is to change the blatantly plagiarized parts and map them in your own rendition, everyone would appreciate that much more.

Just want to say @shiirn

Mapping integrity is something I value a lot, since we don't really get anything else out of mapping than credits for making a good map.
It becomes clear to me that kroytz is with intent copying patterns for successful songs, sometimes even at the same exact spots and posting them on his own maps without any kind of tribute or credits given.

Yes, I do believe what you did on ascension to heaven was wrong, you should have credited the original mapper for it. It's our only currency as mappers after all.

Here's a small bit of patterns I worked hard on myself, which are more or less directly used in his map:

To be fair, those patterns that you showed in that video really can only be mapped that way.
It feels like you're only trying to create more drama.
posted
Yes of course, those are the only ways to map those parts...

If people had that mentality we'd still be stuck in djpops era of mapping buddy. Just because it works doesn't mean there are not others and better ways to map them.
What I was looking forward to was seeing his own rendition of the song with his capabilities, and what I got was some of my favorite patterns I did copied onto his. This is not about making drama, it's about shining light on a problem we should all discuss more.
posted
Where are the rules saying that a rhythm can only be expressed in a certain way on a map?

If there was a rule I would love to see how the 9849350 ranked versions of the same anime op aren't all at a tug of war for who came up with the first pattern combo. Oh, wait it's because they aren't. >.>
posted
ITT: Every map has to be different regardless of how limiting certain parts of the song are.

dude it's *whatever genre this falls under*, There is a bunch of streamy parts and wow who would've guessed two experienced mappers mapped streams to that part of the song T ha t's InsanE Who Would have SEEN that coming???

Honestly the map isn't exactly the same and honestly I feel there is no malicious intention by Kroytz, just unnecessary drama because people believe you can now claim some psuedocopyright on your maps even if the music is very limiting to how you can map it.
posted
Can we get a clean up of this thread because this is not the place to start witch hunting someone for having a few uncanny resemblances from 1 map to another, if Monstrata is so bothered about the parts that looks the same, then he should be settling it with Kroytz himself not posting it on social media and gathering everyone's attention, especially the ones who don't even map who just end up flaming Kroytz.
posted
@Liiraye

for what it's worth i think kroytz is kind of a cunt for intentionally mapping something in such a similar style to an already ranked version to begin with, but it's hardly going to get him all the credit when people point out the similarities anyway.

Monstrata didn't help the situation by going "I don't want to start drama but..." then posts about it on twitter.

Both sides are cunts.
posted
Wow, gratz guys, I just had to remove 1 page of comments this time but we're still not there.

Titus wrote:

Can we get a clean up of this thread because this is not the place to start witch hunting
wow, calm down there, I'm not paid to clean up the messes you should avoid themselves, you know.
You should mind the way you say things because that sounded like an insult to me. I'm not your janitor :v

@Shiirn, we know how you like to express your opinions, but can you please avoid stirring more drama because someone got triggered by a word?
That would be great.
posted
both maps are shiet, so why are we talking about them ?? xdddddd

Seriously, a majority of my patterns are "stolen" from DaxMasterix, and old shiirn's maps. What's the real problem here ?
But when patterns are stolen from your popular 2016+ mapper, with a few changes, then people just act like kids.

#osu_mapping_community_2017
posted
The fact that an old BN doesn't know the difference between adapting a style inspired by someone else and plagiarism really worries me. How about you look at the facts presented and show me all the other mappers that go around mapping ranked songs with the exact same patterns. Even TV Sizes are different when it's the same song involved.
posted
This was ironic.
posted

MrSergio wrote:

Wow, gratz guys, I just had to remove 1 page of comments this time but we're still not there.

Titus wrote:

Can we get a clean up of this thread because this is not the place to start witch hunting
wow, calm down there, I'm not paid to clean up the messes you should avoid themselves, you know.
You should mind the way you say things because that sounded like an insult to me. I'm not your janitor :v

@Shiirn, we know how you like to express your opinions, but can you please avoid stirring more drama because someone got triggered by a word?
That would be great.
Huh? I'm not saying it's your job, just that it's starting to get very hard to actually read a mod or even do one when everyone is basically witch hunting Kroytz right now, not sure how it sounded like an insult to you though, not my intentions.
posted
Let's be fair here.
Kroytz mapped this extremely similar to what Monstrata mapped.
Okay, and? Why do we need to start drama over something this silly?
Let it be. Flame me if you want to, I'm just saying that this is uncalled for.
Let the mapper do what they want to do, and don't turn into osu!'s feminazi's.
posted
:?

Epsile wrote:

Let's be fair here.
Kroytz mapped this extremely similar to what Monstrata mapped.
Okay, and? Why do we need to start drama over something this silly?
Let it be. Flame me if you want to, I'm just saying that this is uncalled for.
Let the mapper do what they want to do, and don't turn into osu!'s feminazi's.
ok first off plagiarism is against the rules. Heck a TV size map was warned by QAT because the last 10 secs were mapped exactly the same as another ranked map (funny enough it was one of monstrata's maps; no I'm going to link it).

As for uncalled for? how is it uncalled for to say that he plagiarized someone's map when he did?????????????? It's impossible to be subconsciously inspired so much to the point that the patterns are almost the exact same, it's pretty obvious that he looked very hard at monstrata's diff extensively.

I don't even like monstrata or his fan base but the fact he tried to take offence when accused of plagiarizing is fucking laughable and stupid af.

"let the mapper do what they what to do". Ok let other people copy off each other's test or homework or high profile studies (w/e so I couldn't think of better examples) because it's what they want to do.... Yh no

Ppl getting angry that Kroytz is breaking the fucking rules and just disrespecting other mapper's isn't flame. Fucking hell. Just look at it from a third person's perspective and not from kroytz's point of view

Epsile wrote:

Let's be fair here.
Let's be fair and inform the mapper that copying is against the rules????? :thinking:
[]
PS: Your avatar pisses me off because it's giving me a clueless look that I imagine you are giving to your computer screen rn because you can't understand why people can't just "map how they want to do" when it's "extremely close" to someone else's map
show more