1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Im think kroytz map better than monstrata.
posted
How many beats you ignore and how many overmap.
posted
I'd just like to point out that you can't copyright ideas and ideas that are "the way anyone would think to do it" never get granted patents. Monstrata's exact implementation may be covered under copyright but there is like what, a single circle that is in the exact same position?

Since this is a rhythm game it would make sense that we take a similar view as the music industry does. Copying a song is legally acceptable so long as you don't copy more than X seconds (I want to say X is 12 but I'm not a lawyer).

Even if you are able to make a compelling argument that Kroytz has copied parts of your map, you also need to make a compelling argument that the amount he copied is too much. Things aren't as black and white as you are trying to make them out to be.
posted
Its true thar kroytz took some ideas from monstrata's mapset, but as i was able to see while watching his stream was that he mapped all with his own creativity, it tooks some time to think on every pattern and think on what was better or not, what was comfortable and what wasn't, he even was like 1 hour in a simple 5 seconds section LUL, but the point is that most of the similarities weresnt on purpose, whats wrong if he had the same idea than monstrata? Its normal, not every map is exactly different tho..
I actually take some ideas from other mapsets when i map and it dont makes me a copier.
So please stop making innecesary drama zzz
posted
maybe krotyz and monstrata should have the discussion instead of other people coming in and making it drama

even if so my two cents:

I M O some of the patterns monstrata showed seemed way too similar to just be a strange coincedence at this point. i agree with that patterns are not copyrighted or anything and therefore some similar occations could happen, but the amount of patterns that happened to be identical here makes this feel like a lazy job which i didnt expect from a mapper like kroytz. i have high respects for kroytz but not for this map as it mostly shows uncreativity which really hurts me.

Shiirn wrote:

When you want to keep natural flow going with basically one strict rhythm to follow, you're going to end up with similar patterns.
LUL
this is a full disagreement, every mapper has more or less a different mindset and thus will most likely map different patterns, also how a person thinks a song should be mapped is mostly different from all other persons ya. i also believe people should have enough creativity to make different patterns for some occations as well ya
posted
Its hp 6.5 and theres 6 seconds of drain combined at 03:57:837 (1) - and then 04:00:178 (5) - to 04:02:081 (1) -
Maybe insert break time as its after a difficult stream. This allows the player to take a break without losing HP before the hard part.
posted
Please stop arguing about whether or not this map is a full copy of Monstrata or not. If a GMT or someone of significant power believes this to be stolen/copied then they will deal with it. The only replies on this thread for now should be mods and feedback on the map. If constant replies relating to the drama are to be continued then the thread will be locked permanently and people will end up get silenced as MrSergio said.
I hope there won't be any more drama or memery in here.

Don't make me warn you with a silence please, it is not worth the game, trust me.
Locking for the time being, contact a GMT if you need it unlocked for something actually "useful" to the map.
And also Monstrata has even specified that this should not be about the map as a whole in his statement;
I'm giving every single example of what I as the original mapper felt was a clear copy. Kroytz is a creative mapper, he can easily find a different way to map those sections I pointed out no? And then I would have no qualms about this map.
.

Now that, that is clear i would like to see only constructive replies from now on.


i know i sound a bit like an admin but im just getting annoyed
posted
04:19:276 (6,7,8,9,10) - hey man playing this is like stapling your nuts to the roof and jumping off so please change into something flowy
posted
i feel sorry for Kroytz ;n; some sliders and the hole community comes down at him/his map.. yeah some sliders are the same but everything else isnt... try mapping it yourself and see how similar it will become..
posted

Leggo wrote:

i feel sorry for Kroytz ;n; some sliders and the hole community comes down at him/his map.. yeah some sliders are the same but everything else isnt... try mapping it yourself and see how similar it will become..
I'm sorry but have you read monstrata's comment on the first page? it's definitely more than just "some sliders"

the chances of making so many similar looking things is pretty slim if you start out on different places and crap, but what do I know
posted

nibs wrote:

this isn't "copy and pasted"

get off your high horse Monstrata.

there's only a few ways you can map a song that's 99% death metal or whatever it's called. go get a bunch of experienced mappers and give them a dragonforce song, you'll get a few maps that look the same.

"omg this guy made streams and sliders in a place in the song where i put them omg he stole it"
Looking simillar is not like looking copypasted, this map looks literally copied, not inspired.
posted
I think the only way to resolve this is to change the blatantly plagiarized parts and map them in your own rendition, everyone would appreciate that much more.

Just want to say @shiirn

Mapping integrity is something I value a lot, since we don't really get anything else out of mapping than credits for making a good map.
It becomes clear to me that kroytz is with intent copying patterns for successful songs, sometimes even at the same exact spots and posting them on his own maps without any kind of tribute or credits given.

Yes, I do believe what you did on ascension to heaven was wrong, you should have credited the original mapper for it. It's our only currency as mappers after all.

Here's a small bit of patterns I worked hard on myself, which are more or less directly used in his map:

posted

Liiraye wrote:

I think the only way to resolve this is to change the blatantly plagiarized parts and map them in your own rendition, everyone would appreciate that much more.

Just want to say @shiirn

Mapping integrity is something I value a lot, since we don't really get anything else out of mapping than credits for making a good map.
It becomes clear to me that kroytz is with intent copying patterns for successful songs, sometimes even at the same exact spots and posting them on his own maps without any kind of tribute or credits given.

Yes, I do believe what you did on ascension to heaven was wrong, you should have credited the original mapper for it. It's our only currency as mappers after all.

Here's a small bit of patterns I worked hard on myself, which are more or less directly used in his map:

To be fair, those patterns that you showed in that video really can only be mapped that way.
It feels like you're only trying to create more drama.
posted
Yes of course, those are the only ways to map those parts...

If people had that mentality we'd still be stuck in djpops era of mapping buddy. Just because it works doesn't mean there are not others and better ways to map them.
What I was looking forward to was seeing his own rendition of the song with his capabilities, and what I got was some of my favorite patterns I did copied onto his. This is not about making drama, it's about shining light on a problem we should all discuss more.
posted
Where are the rules saying that a rhythm can only be expressed in a certain way on a map?

If there was a rule I would love to see how the 9849350 ranked versions of the same anime op aren't all at a tug of war for who came up with the first pattern combo. Oh, wait it's because they aren't. >.>
posted
ITT: Every map has to be different regardless of how limiting certain parts of the song are.

dude it's *whatever genre this falls under*, There is a bunch of streamy parts and wow who would've guessed two experienced mappers mapped streams to that part of the song T ha t's InsanE Who Would have SEEN that coming???

Honestly the map isn't exactly the same and honestly I feel there is no malicious intention by Kroytz, just unnecessary drama because people believe you can now claim some psuedocopyright on your maps even if the music is very limiting to how you can map it.
posted
Can we get a clean up of this thread because this is not the place to start witch hunting someone for having a few uncanny resemblances from 1 map to another, if Monstrata is so bothered about the parts that looks the same, then he should be settling it with Kroytz himself not posting it on social media and gathering everyone's attention, especially the ones who don't even map who just end up flaming Kroytz.
posted
@Liiraye

for what it's worth i think kroytz is kind of a cunt for intentionally mapping something in such a similar style to an already ranked version to begin with, but it's hardly going to get him all the credit when people point out the similarities anyway.

Monstrata didn't help the situation by going "I don't want to start drama but..." then posts about it on twitter.

Both sides are cunts.
posted
Wow, gratz guys, I just had to remove 1 page of comments this time but we're still not there.

Titus wrote:

Can we get a clean up of this thread because this is not the place to start witch hunting
wow, calm down there, I'm not paid to clean up the messes you should avoid themselves, you know.
You should mind the way you say things because that sounded like an insult to me. I'm not your janitor :v


@Shiirn, we know how you like to express your opinions, but can you please avoid stirring more drama because someone got triggered by a word?
That would be great.
posted
both maps are shiet, so why are we talking about them ?? xdddddd

Seriously, a majority of my patterns are "stolen" from DaxMasterix, and old shiirn's maps. What's the real problem here ?
But when patterns are stolen from your popular 2016+ mapper, with a few changes, then people just act like kids.

#osu_mapping_community_2017
show more
Please sign in to reply.