AIBat v3.1 - v10 Compatibility

posted
Total Posts
show more
ziin
Actually peppy already made this program:

http://pe.ppy.sh/2009/06/265/

As far as hitsounds go:
when there is a hitsound on a slider, if threre is the 0|0|0|0|2 at the end, that means there is no hitsound except for a whistle on the last part of the repeat. The slider track may still have a hitsound where it is for regular circles, but the first four notes don't have any hitsound.

If there is a slider which starts on the same beat, you can copy the sliderslide hitsound, but if not, don't copy the hitsound and instead rely on the numbers at the end. If the slider has no numbers at the end and has a sliderslide hitsound, put that hitsound on each beat.

It's pretty confusing but I think you did a really good job with reading them.
Rei Hakurei
i've just tried this and i say thanks for first (cause AudioLeadIn inconsistency)..
(AIBat v0.7b)

but i've some thing that makes me feels strange..
1. Timing point offset should rounded?
AIBat
Timing Sections Inconsistency in uninherited (red) timing sections:
- [Easy] Red timing sections at: 00:01:602, BPM of 182.000
- [Final-Dream] Red timing sections at: 00:01:601, BPM of 182.371
Notepad
Final Dream: 1601.58650029137,329.67032967033,...
Easy: 1602,329.67032967033,...
same second per beat (329.6ms)[or beat per minute 182] and 1601.58 in osu! detected as 1602ms..

2. Storyboard File Case Sensitive?
Unused Image Files
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\marisa_4.png
SB\marisakirisame_sweat_dialog4.png (this one is unused, i'll remove it later, thanks.)
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\marisa_1.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\reimu_5.png
comboburst-1.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\reimu_3.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\marisa_2.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\marisa_6.png
comboburst-0.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\reimu_4.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\reimu_2.png
comboburst-2.png
comboburst-3.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\marisa_3.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\marisa_5.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_Untranslated\reimu_1.png
Missing SB Elements
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\reimu_3.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\marisa_4.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\marisa_6.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\marisa_2.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\marisa_5.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\reimu_1.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\reimu_5.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\reimu_2.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\reimu_4.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\marisa_1.png
SB\From_TouhouWiki_UnTranslated\marisa_3.png
- should i replace the .osb file with case change?
- the skin file (comboburst-X.png) is used.

i'm sorry if i didn't read the previous page.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
@Ekaru- Good to know there's a demand, thanks.

@ziin- Peppy's program doesn't seem tailored to modding, though. I'll think about what else I can do to make mine more distinguished from that, though.

And about hitsounds- I pretty much understand how hitsounds are assigned, I was just wondering about the best way to translate them between difficulties. What you suggested makes sense, I think. Also, should I clear existing hitsounds from the map first? Because adding the new hitsounds atop old ones seems like it would sound cacophonous.

@Rei_Fan49

Actually, as far as I can tell, osu! truncates those values instead of rounding them, so I choose to do the same in my program. Either way, I think that for your beatmap it'd be wisest just to set the offsets to 1602 exactly. Moreover, there's a difference in the BPM that should probably be addressed- set both values to 182.000?

About storyboarding- no, you probably don't need to fix anything if the osu! (or windows or whatever) file system ignores case when it comes to file names. Rather, I'll probably want to fix that in AIBat. Thanks for the report!

And the comboburst thing is a known issue based on the fact that I'm still trying to figure out what to do about file-1.png, file-2.png and so forth where AIBat just expects file.png.
Rei Hakurei
lol they are 182..
and also about the offset round or floor or truncate
osu! did both of them..
blissfulyoshi
Wow, I haven't replied in this thread for a while. Lets see what I can find now xD

Adding [Colours] after [Colours] is already staated once (I know you didn't fix this, but I wanted to recheck this): If my code is like
[Colours][Colours]
then I get
 - [Easy] :
olours]
, but if my code is like
[Colours]
[Colours]
then I get
 - [Easy] :
[Colours]

just found that interesting. Not in the mood to check the source code to find out why, but there is no need for you to fix it.

Timing sections check is not implemented yet (see viewtopic.php?p=922062#p922062 if you forgot) (not on your list of todo, so just reminding you)

Another stupid bugs that I doubt will come up:
If the timing sections are like this:
56713,-100,4,1,1,75,0,1

83947,-100,4,1,1,75,0,0
then the it will be read as
Kiai #1: Starts on 00:56:713, until the end

Feature Request:
Warn if 2 notes are at the same point in time (Forgot if this was mentioned before)
Check for unused custom hitsounds (including bogus names) (was this supposed to be already implemented in 0.7? because it doesn't seem to work for me.)
Warn about sbed hitsounds (I know some users dislike them, so I a notficiation about them would be nice)

All the new features I tried seemed to work, so great job with 0.7. I wish you the best of luck as you move onward (and a modding companion would be nice)

Edit: I thought about the comboburst thing, and I think the code should probably go something like this.(going to be typing in visual basic style since I have been using that a lot lately)
If it ends in ".png" then
If the first few characters are "comboburst-" then
read the characters after the "comburst-" until you find '.'
if characters inbetween those 2 points are not numbers then
trigger error
end if 'else ignore
end if
end if

so confusing without tabs, but I think you get the general idea
Zlew
AIBat doesn't work D:
ziin
make sure it's not in a folder with a ! in it.
Zlew
But it's not the point.
It works with all folders, but not with folders with osu! beatmaps. Even if you are outside osu! songs folder.
ziin
In these situations it's best to describe the problem fully.

You said AIBat doesn't work, now you're saying it works with all folders?

What happens when you open a folder?
Rei Hakurei
is it like this?
(wrong file lol, yeah because i tried it rushly, but it may applies to all JAR..)
if so, then evacuate move it from UNICODE based name folder... (CMIIW, win7 too?) to non UNICODE based folder, (like base drive "C:\" etc.)
Zlew

ziin wrote:

In these situations it's best to describe the problem fully.

You said AIBat doesn't work, now you're saying it works with all folders?

What happens when you open a folder?
When i open folder with map, nothing happens.

When i open any folder:
ziin
try moving everything to the root of the drive.
Zlew
root?
ziin
c:\ or d:\ or e:\
Zlew
still same
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
It's good that at least AIBat opens up, unlike for CnF... The message when you try to open up any non-beatmap folder is expected, and it sounds like an exception is thrown on all folders with .osu files in them, which would prevent the program from opening anything as you described.

Try unzipping this test folder and putting it on the root drive, and trying to open that with AIBat.
Zlew
Still nope
TicClick
It runs only from root folder.
After start, it opens songs' folders but doesn't show any files inside of 'em. They are kind of.. empty, though I know it's wrong. Well, it shows subfolders only.

Windows 7 x86, Java v6 upd27. Tried AIBat v0.7b and 0.6.1b
ziin
you're supposed to open a folder, not a file, so the folders will be empty. Just open the folder.
Sakura
You're supposed to find the path to where the .osu files are supposed to be (a.k.a the song folder) after that just hit the enter button (or press the enter key)
[Au]-[Revoir]
AIBat is really awesome 8-)
TicClick

Sakura Hana wrote:

You're supposed to find the path to where the .osu files are supposed to be (a.k.a the song folder) after that just hit the enter button (or press the enter key)

ziin wrote:

you're supposed to open a folder, not a file, so the folders will be empty. Just open the folder.
Hm. I tried it, but nothing happened. Now I try to open some songs' folders, and it works.
Some folders don't open:
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Glad to find it's working, at least partway.

About those beatmaps that don't open, though- I can't seem to replicate the error for the first two.

For the last one, though- that's a problem with the age of the beatmap. It's file format is v5, and contains formatting that breaks AIBat. I never implemented backwards compatibility since maps that old either are ranked or graveyarded, so you shouldn't need to use it for those anyways.
blissfulyoshi
When popping http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31343 into AIBat, I got a whole bunch of snapping errors as the output, but I didn't actually find snapping errors in the map. Will try to out reason later when I am not as sleepy.
Raging Bull
Think you can add 0.5 tick rate warning?
ziin

blissfulyoshi wrote:

When popping http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31343 into AIBat, I got a whole bunch of snapping errors as the output, but I didn't actually find snapping errors in the map. Will try to out reason later when I am not as sleepy.
It's because the offset has a decimal on it:

571.114342485549 should be just 571, and the errors go away.
blissfulyoshi
Thanks ziin, changing the offset worked, now I just need to know what caused it (I think I can guess though)
ziin

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Thanks ziin, changing the offset worked, now I just need to know what caused it (I think I can guess though)
well as I said, it's the decimal on the offset. AIBat is trying to say that 2135.114342485549 is the right snap, but osu can't do that.

This is both a problem with the map (offset shouldn't be a decimal) and with AIBat (it shouldn't display these errors, and instead say the offset has a decimal)

Also, the map in question got fixed, but AIBat doesn't recognize 2 different BPMs as being different BPMs:

285.7142857143 is identical to 285.714286, but if you order the maps according to BPM, the difficulties will be separated. Note that the first and last notes should be the same unless it's a REALLY long song.
Breeze
May I have a tiny request, that is add a 0% volume timing section check function ;)
Sakura
Also forgot if i already asked for this but, it would be nice if you added a check for spinners and post-spinner notes to check and warn if they dont have a new combo marker
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Currently I've got a lot of work in the form of college applications, so apologies if updates are delayed.

Breeze wrote:

May I have a tiny request, that is add a 0% volume timing section check function ;)
This shouldn't come up very often now that the editor imposes a limit, but I'll try to put in a check for it.

Sakura Hana wrote:

Also forgot if i already asked for this but, it would be nice if you added a check for spinners and post-spinner notes to check and warn if they dont have a new combo marker
Should be doable, and it seems like maps get unranked for this kind of stuff so it's probably important.

Also, I've improved the search function so that it's instantaneous- like google search or osu's own music search function.
Breeze
A bug report maybe
When I check this map via AIBat
it said there are many unsnap notes and slider start, end in this map, but it seems all these hit objecks are snapped well
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Thanks, Breeze! That was an oversight on my part, it's been fixed for the next release.

boring technical details
The osu file format allows for offsets that are decimals- for this specific map, 7995.87234042553. I don't know why this is... but anyways, I wrote in an exception that would truncate decimals. The exception also accidentally truncated the BPM as well, which made the snap checker mess up.
Sakura

akrolsmir wrote:

Thanks, Breeze! That was an oversight on my part, it's been fixed for the next release.
And when is that coming out?

On another note:

Background's max size is 1024x768, recommended 800x600, also should be 4:3 to avoid thumbnail issues.
It isn't checking mp3 bitrate anymore?
Add reversearrow.png to hitcircle set as in the FAQ http://osu.ppy.sh/p/faq > Map design issues > Missing/Unnecessary files in the package

You should probably check this as well for any extra stuff that might be worth including.
ziin
should detect if it's lower than 16:10.
bitrate is only reported if out of bounds.

can you ignore case when checking filenames? Also ignore any -0 or -1 at the end of each filename so it doesn't report sliderfollowcircle-12 as an unused extra file.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Again, things will unfortunately be slower while I'm working college apps, which go on until the end of the year. I should be able to push through minor updates or bugfixes, but nothing that requires too much thinking.

For the backgrounds- what's the approximate acceptable range? Between 1.6x to 1.7x?

@Sakura- I'll put reversearrow in, thanks for the catch. I presumed it's supposed to be 128x128. And as ziin said, I elected to omit the bitrate whenever it is within 128 to 192 kbps- should I report it regardless?

@ziin- Ignoring case should be simple, and I'm still working on a good approach for the "-#" issue.
ziin
1.33-1.6

If you get too widescreen, you'll be out of the grid. Anything lower than 1.33 will be cropped.

Here's 16:10. Notice how the bottom is slightly out of the grid. Now if the beatmap is made well, there should be little outside the grid, so everything will be on the background. If it's not made well, they probably need a 4:3 background.

Of course videos have no problem being 16:9, but that's because of the fact that it's so hard to change a video.
Miya
I just trying AIBat and it doesn't working. First i open the jar file, it's working and open a new window. Then i choose File>Open Beatmap Folder and select one of my beatmap folder in osu song directory. Then, AIBat doesn't show anything.
I have put AIBat into osu folder. And i'm using windows 7 64bit. Is AIBat not work on Windows 64bit?
I hope you can help me with these >.<
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
I use 64-bit Win7 myself, so that shouldn't be the issue. Hm... I'm guessing that it's a beatmap-specific problem. Can you tell me which maps you've tried so far that don't work?

For the meantime, try opening other maps. Or try unzipping this test folder and putting it on your desktop, and opening that in AIBat.
Miya
All of them, beatmap folder that has not been ranked, or ranked one. Even your test folder (I have place it on desktop btw). It still didn't show anything, like nothing happen.. >.<
show more