forum

Learn how to draw, don't know where to start

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas
Title said it all. I am interested in drawing lately but seem like I cannot find away to start.
Before that, I just code

Any tips to begin. (I mean like, I wanted to draw some illustration, dont care if that would takes years)
levesterz
LoliPantsu
get a piece of paper, a pencil and start drawing shit
Blitzfrog
Ephemeral
just fucking draw
Rwyta
I guess what you're saying here that you're too "shy" to draw, you're afraid that your drawings are not going to be as good as you want it to be, tbh just draw don't worry about the final product find some guides on the internet look at other's illustrations and drawings and take them as reference, art is not something you can master easily or anything for that matter, i know cause i've been there.
Erlkonig
Play more is not a meme

draw more is not a meme aswell. Instead of drawing original stuff you might want to follow other illustrations since it's apparently easier but NOT trace. After drawing lots of little anime girls on paper and getting disowned you can learn digital drawing and continue from there.

Or, start digital. My brother draws anime girls digitally, I asked him and he said Paint Tool Sai is a great software.
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas

Allmynamestaken wrote:

I guess what you're saying here that you're too "shy" to draw, you're afraid that your drawings is not going to be as good as you want it to be, tbh just draw don't worry about the final product find some guides on the internet look at other's illustrations and drawings and take them as reference, art is not something you can master easily or anything for that matter, i know cause i've been there.
Yeah, thats is most of me :v
I am pretty confident to learn something that everyone don't know (Learn to pay this game, Learn to code)
Drawing is something that anyone can easily understand so...
Thanks for the tips anyways
winber1

Ephemeral wrote:

just fucking draw
Aomi
Runiel
start with primitives
Fourth
Draw more and you will git gud eventually.
Look for inspiration (Like artstyle and background), and learn the different between what is appealing or not.

If you only want to draw anime girl, I recommend you to read more doujin shit.
johnmedina999
Stop destroying your osu tablet playing this game and

Ephemeral wrote:

just fucking draw

EDIT: Also, like this game, there is a difference between drawing for fun or when you're bored and drawing to meet a deadline/forcing yourself to improve.
Topic Starter
Banbeucmas

johnmedina999 wrote:

Stop destroying your osu tablet playing this game and

Ephemeral wrote:

just fucking draw
EDIT: Also, like this game, there is a difference between drawing for fun or when you're bored and drawing to meet a deadline/forcing yourself to improve.
Look at my playstyle for a moment...
Bweh
Regarding practice, I recommend you try drawing or rather recreating the things you like. If you want to draw dogs, look up pictures of dogs and try to get your drawing to resemble the reference as close as you can. Try to keep up a habit of doing this every day, if only for a half hour at least. If you're not feeling up to it, just know that idle doodles on the back of your textbooks are better than not drawing at all.

Regarding, theory, my suggestion would be to pick up Keys to Drawing by Bert Dodson. It's a dry read, but that will clear up any misconceptions about drawing you may have, as well as presenting you the proper mindset to approach the craft. The exercises in it will also hammer symbol drawing out of you and teach to you to draw what you see over what you think you see. Afterwards you can approach any subject you like with confidence.

Something else you could try is looking up drawing process videos. Pay attention to what they do and try it out yourself.

Uh, this is a nice bookmark to have, too. http://endling.deviantart.com/journal/I ... -219754628 give it a read sometime

and uh, if it adds any worth to what I'm saying, here's some of my work