forum

Newbie Game 15: Rise From The Ashes [Game over!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker
Everything is so much to go through dammit
Sakura
Dunno, i wish we hadnt lynched Jess yesterday, but with her it's like impossible to know.
I'm gonna go back to the way i was and never join games with her again.
B1rd
Can we consider our current situation for a moment? If beeboy wasn't scum then it doesn't make any sense that everyone else is either apathetic or against a beeboy lynch. It would only makes sense that if he weren't scum the actual scum would be trying to push a bandwagon to win.

It's easy to play capt. hindsight, but I did want to lynch bee yesterday when he was a hair's breadth away; I'm not apathetic but rather I'm annoyed that he somehow managed to convince other people with his weak AtE arguments that contain about as little substance as all the rest of his play.
Sakura
My reasoning for bee probs town is as such:
If bee scum literally abused knowledge of all my weaknesses to attack me that he gathered due to him being a friend of mine and me opening up to him.
I'm literally gonna grill him alive irl.
So i guess its mostly wishful thinking i guess.
beeboy123
So Sakura who do you think is scum?
Sakura

Sakura wrote:

rEdo's reads at end of D1 according to this list
Scumread: Dawnsday
Can't read: Sakura, abraker, Jess, Hika
Townreads: beeboy, Frosty
EoD1 Lynch:
On the wagon: abraker, Frosty, rEdo, Hika, Jess
Off the wagon: beeboy, Dawnsday, Sakura, B1rd
*scratches head*
A shot on rEdo when he was townreading bee and Frosty, so at the very least that makes those 2 more unlikely to be scum.
OTOH: rEdo was on the wagon, what does scum gain by shooting off someone on the wagon after i had said that if dawns flipped town someone on the wagon had to be scum? Attempt at discredit or protection? hmm
Note 1: beeboy was most townread D1, but scum would be prepared for the possibility of a Doctor Protect.
Note 2: if abraker's scum, then the above doesnt make sense since abraker misread the setup. Same with Hika (faked?).
I think the answer is somewhere in here but i have trouble figuring it out.
Sakura
In an entirely objective data oriented only way.
both bee and frosty were townread at the end of D1.
Beeboy + Frosty (cannot be scum together) | It doesnt make sense for this scumteam compositon to shoot whoever's townreading them.
Possibilities:
Beeboy+B1rd (Doesnt make sense both were off wagon on D1).
Beeboy+Hika (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Beeboy+abraker (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
abraker+Hika (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Abraker+B1rd (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Abraker+Frosty (This would be a long con busing if it was true, so probably not)
Hika+Frosty (Interactions on D2 dont make sense if they are scum together)

Leaving us with the possibilities of:

Beeboy/Hika, Beeboy/Abraker, Abraker/Hika, Abraker/B1rd.

The only way any scumteam that includes Frosty makes sense is with me, but im town, so i know this is not possible, Frosty suddenly rises in town scale.
I already talked about Beeboy.
Vote: Abraker
abraker
rEdo

Sakura wrote:

OTOH: rEdo was on the wagon, what does scum gain by shooting off someone on the wagon after i had said that if dawns flipped town someone on the wagon had to be scum? Attempt at discredit or protection? hmm
had to eliminated because it creates less uncertainty among the townies. As a mafia, would you rather have a confirmed townie, and 5 others who nobody knows who has what role, or 6 people who don't know who has what role? Keep in mind the mafia already know who is who. All special roles are eliminated. NK'ing rEdo was a no brainer, regardless of bandwagon.

If you couldn't figure that out, you must be playing dumb
abraker
or wait.. was that a D3 text or D2? I forgot where that was.
abraker
If that's a D2 text, then I misinterpreted and thought you were talking about the 2nd shot rEdo received.
Sakura

abraker wrote:

rEdo

Sakura wrote:

had to eliminated because it creates less uncertainty among the townies. As a mafia, would you rather have a confirmed townie, and 5 others who nobody knows who has what role, or 6 people who don't know who has what role? Keep in mind the mafia already know who is who. All special roles are eliminated. NK'ing rEdo was a no brainer, regardless of bandwagon.

If you couldn't figure that out, you must be playing dumb
That was from N1.
Sakura
Obviously the N2 kill is a no brainer, im talking specifically about the first shot on rEdo (him dying N2, makes it 100% certain he was shot N1, as opposed to no kill gambit).
abraker

Sakura wrote:

The only way any scumteam that includes Frosty makes sense is with me, but im town, so i know this is not possible, Frosty suddenly rises in town scale.
Funny how I was suspecting that all along, is it not?

You are still defebding Frosty much. I say we vote Frostings and watch Sakura break down. If he is town then I am mafia, if not Sakura is next.
Sakura

abraker wrote:

Sakura wrote:

Funny how I was suspecting that all along, is it not?

You are still defebding Frosty much. I say we vote Frostings and watch Sakura break down. If he is town then I am mafia, if not Sakura is next.
Funny how you say that in MyLo.
Sakura
I mean srsly dude, if Frosty and I were scum we'd have already won.
Sakura
Oh wait nvm, b1rd's vote on bee came later than i remembered.
B1rd

Sakura wrote:

In an entirely objective data oriented only way.
both bee and frosty were townread at the end of D1.
Beeboy + Frosty (cannot be scum together) | It doesnt make sense for this scumteam compositon to shoot whoever's townreading them.
Possibilities:
Beeboy+B1rd (Doesnt make sense both were off wagon on D1).
Beeboy+Hika (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Beeboy+abraker (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
abraker+Hika (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Abraker+B1rd (Does any of their interactions make them scum together?)
Abraker+Frosty (This would be a long con busing if it was true, so probably not)
Hika+Frosty (Interactions on D2 dont make sense if they are scum together)

Leaving us with the possibilities of:

Beeboy/Hika, Beeboy/Abraker, Abraker/Hika, Abraker/B1rd.

I already talked about Beeboy.
Vote: Abraker
The NK on day 1 really isn't a foolproof indicator who scum is IMO, reads day 1 are very prone to changing and probably half of the day 1 reads have changed already. I still think it's beeboy + Frosty because it's clear that they have been helping each other later in the game and they are both not my townreads. Sorry but there's no way I'm going to vote abraker, your logic isn't particularly convincing, abraker is neutral to me and there's no way I'm going to take a chance like that at MyLo when I already have a strong scum read.

Also if it makes any difference I was pretty much on the Dawnsday wagon on D1, but I just came into the thread too late and didn't want to hammer.
beeboy123
Let me think about the odds of the scum team being b1rd and abraker for a bit.
Or maybe b1rd is just town and scum hika/abraker didn't feel comfortable pushing me but idk that seems unlikely.
I still don't think Sakura would try and use AtE like that as scum so I am still going to assume it's genuine.
I still think Frosty is town.
Sakura
Dunno, if you and your scum partner are being townread by X do you shoot him?
Sakura
If you think it's possible that beeboy and Frosty would decide to shoot the person townreading BOTH of them, walk me through the scum thought process or motivations behind such action.
beeboy123
I'd kill Sakura n1 as scum tbh.
Her gut reads are too scary.
abraker

beeboy123 wrote:

I'd kill Sakura n1 as scum tbh.
Her gut reads are too scary.
Unless you and Sakura are scum this makes for a convincing townie read tbh
abraker
Dammit that is also assuming that Sakura is scum. BBoy + X wouldn't confirm the town read

*scratches head*
Sakura
One of my main aspects of my scum game is that im way too worried about being consistent that sometimes i overcompensate for it, also as scum im way more appeasy. As town my reads tend to flip 180 randomly.
B1rd

Sakura wrote:

Dunno, if you and your scum partner are being townread by X do you shoot him?
Perhaps because it's unlikely that someone is going to keep their D1 townreads throughout the entire game and he could become a threat later on? And there's always the possibility that it's just WIFOM. I'm not saying that it isn't evidence whatsoever but it's definitely not enough to rule out that possibility, and from what I've seen later in the game convinces me more than that does.

Sakura wrote:

If you think it's possible that beeboy and Frosty would decide to shoot the person townreading BOTH of them, walk me through the scum thought process or motivations behind such action.
Alright that's a good point, I was thinking that he was just townreading beeboy. Not sure, it still might just be a WIFOM move since they might be able to use that to defend themselves and there's no guarantee rEdo will keep being their ally.
B1rd
I mean case in point, the next day he was scumreading both of them.
Sakura
There is no guarantee he'll keep townreading them sure (and in fact he didnt), but personal experience as once upon a time i bus'd my partner and then proceeded to NK people townreading me as a way to try to make me look like scum was trying to ML me by killing the people protecting me backfired hard.
Sakura

Sakura wrote:

One of my main aspects of my scum game is that im way too worried about being consistent that sometimes i overcompensate for it, also as scum im way more appeasy. As town my reads tend to flip 180 randomly.
Also actually it isnt "randomly" but those were the exact words that someone said about their assesment of my meta, so it stuck.
B1rd

Sakura wrote:

There is no guarantee he'll keep townreading them sure (and in fact he didnt), but personal experience as once upon a time i bus'd my partner and then proceeded to NK people townreading me as a way to try to make me look like scum was trying to ML me by killing the people protecting me backfired hard.
Alright but I don't see how that is particularly relevant to this game, neither of them have the same experiences as you and there's no evidence that they're even trying to carry out those tactics, as I've pointed out they've been cooperating fairly well.
Sakura
Can you point out instances of bee and Frosty cooperating?
B1rd
From what I can tell from a quick browse,

-both of them have pretty much been townreading each other the whole game
-Frostings pushed the Jess vote pretty heavily rather than the beeboy vote
-he also went from townreading me on day 1 to scumreading me after I started to go after beeboy. As far as I know he hasn't really explained any good reason for his scumreading/voting me, it just seems like he's attacking me to defend beeboy, which as I've read on the mafiascum wiki, is pretty indicative of scum

From what you've said I'm slightly less convinced that Frosty is scum and there's a chance that it's abraker, but regardless I'm pretty certain that at least beeboy is scum.
Sakura

B1rd wrote:

-both of them have pretty much been townreading each other the whole game
Me and Frosty have been townreading each other the whole game too, heck it's Abraker's main point for a me/Frosty scumteam.

B1rd wrote:

-Frostings pushed the Jess vote pretty heavily rather than the beeboy vote
I could've sworn it was bee pushing Jess more heavily than Frosty but i'll go double check

B1rd wrote:

-he also went from townreading me on day 1 to scumreading me after I started to go after beeboy. As far as I know he hasn't really explained any good reason for his scumreading/voting me, it just seems like he's attacking me to defend beeboy, which as I've read on the mafiascum wiki, is pretty indicative of scum
This is a fair point, chainsaw?
Sakura
Fact Checking from D2, Frosty wanted Jess PL'd, didn't do much scumhunting, kept ascertaining the bee's town, Went after hika then halted and said what she did was a towntell, only voted Jess near deadline.

Bee wanted Jess dead coz of an apparent lie, he legit scumread Jess, he also TR Frosty.
Sakura
You know, up until now i still wonder what the fuck was with that "Jess declared intent to hammer" shenanigans, when she never did, bee was the first one to mention it, and i pointed it out.
Then most of the D2 discussion devolved back to Jess declared intent to hammer but thought he was at L-2.
Sakura
Damn im getting tired, and i also want to hear from Hika and Frosty (why did i almost type ika LOL), I also want to hear bee's reply to you.
Hika
I'm still waiting to see what frosty says bc I really want to vote him if not bee.
Hika
Also sorry for my lack of posts this game. I'm just really trying to focus on my health right now. If it's bad I'll VLA if I need to.
I'll just take the time to heal until frosty gets back really...
Topic Starter
Zexion
Why is Invisible Inc. so hard

Votecount 3.4
No Lynch [1] - Frostings (L-2)
beeboy123 [1] - B1rd
Frostings [1] - abraker
abraker [1] - Sakura
Hika [0] -
Sakura [0] -
B1rd [0] -

Not Voting [3] - Hika, , beeboy123