forum

Newbie Game 15: Rise From The Ashes [Game over!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika
I swear. I have been playing mafia for almost 7 years and this game is by far the most complicating in terms of everyone playing off meta.
Sakura
Ok well first of all the alt name's "Luna Fox"
Sakura
inb4 those links dont work either
beeboy123

Sakura wrote:

abraker wrote:

You know, the more you tell someone to do something, the more they have the urge to do it. I think telling not to bother investigating you will just make it more tempting.
Ehehehe, that backfired on Dragon Age Mafia back on MS (A player wanted me to not cop scan him, so i cop scanned him, and i got redirected to scum, and... well the rest you can imagine)
maybe you should stop claiming cop in PTs ^^;;
B1rd
Wait, am I reading this right, and hika CC'd (counter claimed) rEdo's 1-shot bulletproof claim? Well, I guess the lynch is pretty much decided for today then. One thing I would like to point out though, that if rEdo exposed himself to draw out a CC, I'm pretty sure that he would be confident that his scum partner can't be traced back to him. Considering he actually threw some suspicion at abraker straight afterwards, it's some sort of WIFOM situation, but perhaps it is abraker who is his scum partner. Also, I'm pretty sure mafia wouldn't carry out this tactic unless they thought that their other member was in a pretty safe position right now.
Sakura
No B1rd it was setup shenanigans that made Hika think that VT counter claimed 1-shot BP.
Despite how much i tried to explain to make 100% sure it was the case.
B1rd

Sakura wrote:

Ok well first of all the alt name's "Luna Fox"
130 pages... sigh. I'll have a look.

One thing I'm liking about this mafiascum site though is you can choose your pronouns, lmao. I swear, If I ever go onto that site I'm gonna rp as a hardcore Tumblrite.
Sakura
It also has convenient ISO buttons
Hika
Unvote
Hika
Just doing that bc I don't want the lynch
abraker

Hika wrote:

Also abraker I haven't forgotten about you, I'm too busy playing LoL with RB :p
So long as I wake up to proof, you are in the clear

wow I go play osu! for a second and 2 pages appeared from nowhere
Hika

abraker wrote:

Hika wrote:

Also abraker I haven't forgotten about you, I'm too busy playing LoL with RB :p
So long as I wake up to proof, you are in the clear

wow I go play osu! for a second and 2 pages appeared from nowhere
I can link you this one just so you can see a bit of my scum meta.
Although, I probably play the same no matter my alignment, I thought it was fair I show you a good example of my scumplay.

t/393585&start=0 <- Cracking Idea Mafia, I came in as replacement for pie immediately.

If I get time I'll read through some more games and pick some out for you.
Do you want examples of my scum games or the best games I've played on this site?
abraker

Hika wrote:

Do you want examples of my scum games or the best games I've played on this site?
Give examples you as scum that joined bandwagons
Hika
Sorry, I am usually town on this site. The old site I used to play on is shut down now too.

t/365901&start=0 < Lovers Mafia. Notice day one I hammered and didn't even notice. Could've ended badly. Feel free to skim my ISO.
Hika
Also I am going to bed now, 1:49 EST. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so ask me anything and I will try to respond immediately
rEdo
I'm in the middle of catching up and, um...

Did Hika just seriously counter claim bulletproof?

Vote: Hika

I don't even care if I get lynched today, I just confirmed 1 scum. Nice.

Catching up even more, this is gonna be interesting.
rEdo
Okay.

Unvote

My BP claim was pretty much done in a hurry and - to be honest - just a try to accelerate the game and generate discussion, because I hate it when almost nothing happens. And hell, it worked.

So it was all a misunderstanding coming from Hika. Okay, but still. Why nobody noticed that she tried to counter claim me as just a vanilla townie? Did everyone really miss the fact that four other people could do that CC?

We should start thinking who could want me dead. I believe that set of people on the scumteam is a subset of people that had a public townread on me.

Beeboy, explain why do you think I'm conftown. Tell me who's scum.

Frostings as well.
rEdo
The claim was also a huge ass flaw in my logic: yesterday evening I thought that town should know there's no doctor role in the game since I got hit. But then I forgot scum could hit a person protected by a doctor... Then I could claim the moment I potentially got pinned for a lynch. Fuck me. >_>
rEdo

rEdo wrote:

Beeboy, explain why do you think I'm conftown. Tell me who's scum.

Frostings as well.
I do not accept the "you claimed bulletproof" answer.
abraker
morning
abraker
wow rEdo mistakes were made. feel sorry if your town. I forgot about doctor role too
B1rd

Sakura wrote:

No B1rd it was setup shenanigans that made Hika think that VT counter claimed 1-shot BP.
Despite how much i tried to explain to make 100% sure it was the case.
Alright... but I think I might have to go over this a bit more. Not sure exactly by what logic VT can counter-claim a PR. Also, your meta game seems consistent from what I checked.

Now as for rEdo claiming bulletproof: it was a stupid move for sure, but I don't actually think it makes him scum. Because of the fact that scum have no way of knowing whether there was no kill because of BP or doctor, I don't know why they would take such drastic measure and sacrifice a player to kill a PR when there is a 50% chance that it is a 1-shot bullet proof townie, who is now equivalent to a vanilla townie now that they've been hit once. That doesn't make sense to me so I'm gonna go on my previous assumption that rEdo is indeed town.

Also I'm not too sure why scum would specifically target people they've townread, maybe it's a meta that I'm unaware of. But I think I've pretty much fully explained the reasons I think rEdo is town.

On to scumreads/FoS:

Firstly, I think beeboy is suspicious. The first reason maybe isn't objective but it's been a personal tell of mine that have achieved results in the past: everyone usually jokes at the start, but when someone continues a jokes past its worth, or continues to act not serious, that is an indicator that that person is scum. And that's what he did with the whole 'I'm mason' thing. The other reason is that he pretty much was a fence sitter the whole first day, and the second day he hasn't done much except jump on bandwagons of already suspicious people. This seems like typical scummy behaviour.

The other person is Frosty, and I agree with abraker on his point. I also inquired about it on d1, but now that I look back at it, it still looks suspicous: frosty seemed intent on lynching Hika for no reason. And then he shifted his vote to the pseudo-Dawnsday bandwagon for no apparent reason either. He said that it was to 'highlight Dawn's behaviour', however in my opinion, Dawnsday was showing no signs of being scum at that point, he only seemed to crack later on when he was under a lot of artificial pressure. That's why I'm more suspicious of people who joined the wagon sooner rather than later.

So about this day 1 bandwagon analysis, it would seem typical if there was one scum on it, and one scum off of it, since IMO beeboy was a fence sitter for no good reason, and frosting inserted himself for no good reason, I think that the scum team is most likely beeboy + frostings. However...

Then there's the issue of jess. Hammering Dawnsday was obviously a stupid move, on top on that she hasn't been active. And from my previous game, it seems she's always like this, basically a village idiot. And I really can't read her at all (somewhat because she hardly ever posts) so for me that is grounds for a policy lynch. With everyone else, I can read to some degree. So, I'm not gonna lose that game because I took the chance and assumed she was town when I have no good way of knowing.

vote: -[Jess]-

And finally, my other reads:

Town:
Sakura, Seemingly typical town play, her meta checks out, all her posts pretty much give me the impression that she's town
rEdo, for reasons explained

Neutral:
abraker: his play so far doesn't seem atypical, though I am a bit suspicious that he didn't realise the possibility of a doctor when usually he seems to be very focused on facts
Hika: I don't know her meta, but basically going off gut feel she seems to be town and acting normal. And hasn't been particularly scummy up to this point, I would put her in townread but I'm still trying to get my head around this whole CC situation

suspicious:
beeboy, frosting, jess, for reasons already explained

Welp, that's a post and a half, lol.
Hika
VT doesn't CC his role if I'm just one of the fill up roles.
So that's what I said when I said "I honestly don't care", because at that point, it's only valid the way Sakura said it, so rEdo and I are both town.
Hika
So even if I did end up getting lynched, rEdo would still end up being town, even though I'LL flip town.
Hika
Also, yes, it was a mistake. I actually was very confused yesterday when being explained too so my apologies. I barely slept and reread everything last night.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

abraker: his play so far doesn't seem atypical, though I am a bit suspicious that he didn't realise the possibility of a doctor when usually he seems to be very focused on facts
Mind that I wasn't comprehending possible roles at that point until Sakura explained how the chart works. So I couldn't fact that
abraker
At that point I thought it was all roles on the chart with one mafia role removed and a townie role added so you can have the 2:7 setup. I wasnt even aware most townies were regular townies.
Hika
My reads thus far. Me and rEdo conf town.
Bird still looking townie to me.

Rest is null for now.
B1rd
Yeah, I have to say I'm pretty conftown as well :P
Hika
don't get ahead of yourself Australian :p
-[Jess]-
I am here,
So,first I have to said I make a wrong choice on Day 1 by lynching dawn.This is the most silliest mistake I made.I want to explain who dawn is a town tho,but at that moment,If I explain why,scum will have the Chance to frame me and dawn were scum and people mislynch town.I know I am acting like a village idiot and saying words that not useful for scumhurting.But what is the point of getting someone PLed.It is not help for town to solve the scumhurting.

So looking to Day 2
Finding the setup which we play now by lynching dawn and night result,that is good to hear that town is on track to finding scum.Two people claimed 1-shot BP and VT.that make me suspicious of why she claim VT and Why she want everyone to know she was town.Also frosty,who have not post in a day,still make me think is him is a scum.

About "now I see why dawn is scum"
It means nothing that he trust a people who only said and read it as town,I don't know how to said and my mind is unclear.I thought he was in L-2 so I voted to push him.
That all
abraker

-[Jess]- wrote:

I am here,
So,first I have to said I make a wrong choice on Day 1 by lynching dawn.This is the most silliest mistake I made.I want to explain who dawn is a town tho,but at that moment,If I explain why,scum will have the Chance to frame me and dawn were scum and people mislynch town.I know I am acting like a village idiot and saying words that not useful for scumhurting.But what is the point of getting someone PLed.It is not help for town to solve the scumhurting.

So looking to Day 2
Finding the setup which we play now by lynching dawn and night result,that is good to hear that town is on track to finding scum.Two people claimed 1-shot BP and VT.that make me suspicious of why she claim VT and Why she want everyone to know she was town.Also frosty,who have not post in a day,still make me think is him is a scum.

About "now I see why dawn is scum"
It means nothing that he trust a people who only said and read it as town,I don't know how to said and my mind is unclear.I thought he was in L-2 so I voted to push him.
That all
My brain is melting

please Lynch me to stop this agony
Sakura

-[Jess]- wrote:

But what is the point of getting someone PLed.It is not help for town to solve the scumhurting.
Because you very well could be scum hiding behind a scummy action and using "I'm just getting PL'd" as your shield, simple.
Hika
Jess you literally summarized D2 thus far and didn't even do it properly.

Why wouldnt I want people to think I'm town?!!!!
Isn't that the point of mafia? For us to find the scum and to prove everyone's innocence?!
B1rd

abraker wrote:

My brain is melting

please Lynch me to stop this agony
That was her strategy all along, to win as everyone else lynches themselves from the exasperation of trying to figure out her posts.

I feel like I've done enough thinking for tonight, I hope by tomorrow later today there will be more responses to some of the things I've said.
rEdo
If there is a need for a policy lynch, it needs to happen now.

Vote: -[Jess]-
rEdo
Actually, no. I have a gut feeling that Jess is town.

Unvote
rEdo
We need to hear from Frostings and beeboy before anything happens today.
Topic Starter
Zexion
Votecount 2.2
-[Jess]- [2] - Sakura, B1rd
Frostings [1] - abraker
rEdo [0] -
Hika [0] -
Sakura [0] -
abraker [0] -
B1rd [0] -
beeboy123 [0] -

No Lynch [0] -
Not Voting [5] - -[Jess]-, Frostings , rEdo, beeboy123, Hika
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Please tell me if you see any mistakes.
abraker

rEdo wrote:

Actually, no. I have a gut feeling that Jess is town.

Unvote
After seeing how stupid Dawnsnday was, it's a possibility. Frosting also acts notoriously stupid, but his posts give me at least 3 red flags.
show more