forum

Question on the RAZER BLACK WIDOW

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
seasonS
Okay so I heard about the Razer Black Widow recently and I heard that you have to lightly touch it for it to go down which seems would be helpful in Osu! Do you guys have any opinions on why or why not to get this keyboard?
Waryas
You should go ask him:
mizorex
just buy it dude...or any mechanical keyboard will do..i bought mine and it helped loads.
Wishy
A good question here would be what switches do you guys think are the best for playing osu!, guess they are all good enough though.
Topic Starter
seasonS

Wishy22 wrote:

A good question here would be what switches do you guys think are the best for playing osu!, guess they are all good enough though.
I don't know what switches are :(. I heard people talk about like brown and red before.... I dont know though.
Rex
i have blue and brown , i think brown is better
but i heard cookiezi,rucker,uan all use black widow :oops:
hinamizawan
BlackWidow uses blue switches, that's why the light touch. It's definitely better than a cheap keyboard . But for a big difference in osu! gameplay is a tablet.
Topic Starter
seasonS

ycsnake wrote:

Is all the brown blue, black are they all the same size? i dont have much desk space :3 my keyboard is pushed behind my Tablet xD.
Topic Starter
seasonS

makkura wrote:

BlackWidow uses blue switches, that's why the light touch. It's definitely better than a cheap keyboard . But for a big difference in osu! gameplay is a tablet.
Mhm i have a tablet :D i dont know how i would play without it.
Wishy
I've red black switches are the best, though not many keyboards have them and they are really expensive when compared to other mechanical keyboards.
Vpalach
While we are at mech keyboards, anyone here tried XArmor U9Bl-s ? How is it?
Rex

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

ycsnake wrote:

Is all the brown blue, black are they all the same size? i dont have much desk space :3 my keyboard is pushed behind my Tablet xD.
you need keyboard without number pad like this :oops:

Vpalach wrote:

While we are at mech keyboards, anyone here tried XArmor U9Bl-s ? How is it?
i think there are not so many difference between the keyboards with the same kind of MX switches :roll:
Topic Starter
seasonS
you need keyboard without number pad like this :oops:
SPOILER
[attachment=0:c5055]IMG_0151.jpg[/attachment:c5055]

Ah, i replied but it says it didnt go through. Anyways where did you find a keyboard like that :D? i could use a small one
Juphie
I also bought the Black Widdow a few months ago and I'm very satisfied with it. It helped me to improve my Stream spead and accuracy and apart from that its very good for typing and other games(good Software for macros, etc). My only concern would be that the Keycap prints wear out a bit after some time.

Here is a very nice Guide for mechanical keybords including details on all the switch types. However its very long :roll:
My TL;DR Version here:

required actuation force
black = 60 grams
white = 55 grams
blue = 50 grams
brown = 45 grams
reds = 45 grams

I think for Osu! you should get the lightest switches you can find. I've tried blacks and blues and the latter felt way better.
To put it simple: lighter--->faster--->win.

I'd really love to try reds but on the other hand I don't feel like paying 150+50 € shipment to import a 30€-Keyboard from China which was actually produced in Germany, 50 km away from my place to be precisely oO.

Note that there are other differences between the switch types apart from that, but I don't think that matters much for Osu! and is more important for typing and other games. Just check the link for that.
Topic Starter
seasonS
required actuation force
black = 60 grams
white = 55 grams
blue = 50 grams
brown = 45 grams
reds = 45 grams

Do they get more expensive as you go down in the force?
Waryas
It takes some time to get used to light switches. I couldn't go faster than 160 1/4 at first with my brown switch... I kept pressing too hard.

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rtab
If you want space saving keyboard with brown switch this is the one to get. (Or a filco)
Juphie

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

required actuation force
black = 60 grams
white = 55 grams
blue = 50 grams
brown = 45 grams
reds = 45 grams

Do they get more expensive as you go down in the force?
Nah, some types are just very rare here in Europe hence the high prices. I think in the US you can find any switch type apart from reds(only sold in Asia) for a reasonable price.
Topic Starter
seasonS

JesusYamato wrote:

It takes some time to get used to light switches. I couldn't go faster than 160 1/4 at first with my brown switch... I kept pressing too hard.

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rtab
If you want space saving keyboard with brown switch this is the one to get. (Or a filco)
Is a brown switch as good as black? like is there no difference o-o? i want a black but i need space >.<. So im thinking of that brown one you showed me.
Wishy
nVidi4x
Im a new blackwidow user, i bought it last month (with a new tablet too :D, yah) and i can say that i have improved my streams a lot, i used to play max 170BPM and fail and now (today xD i did a lot of great streams, like marisa 200bpm / mei 200bpm.

it should be the best keyaboard ever created. in all my games it feels perfect.
At the beginning is hard to use it, but now i feel it like part of my hand, heh.

If you can buy it. DO IT!
u will agree with me :D
Topic Starter
seasonS

nVidi4x wrote:

Im a new blackwidow user, i bought it last month (with a new tablet too :D, yah) and i can say that i have improved my streams a lot, i used to play max 170BPM and fail and now (today xD i did a lot of great streams, like marisa 200bpm / mei 200bpm.

At the beginning is hard to use it, but now i feel it like part of my hand, heh.

Is the keyboard extremely long? my desk has a limited amount of space. I was thinking of getting the Filco or other one mention before but I don't know, I just really wanted to try black widow xD. But if its really long, I'll stick to the Filco when I buy a keyboard.
Right now i play with the keyboard pushed behind the tablet due to the number pad thingy ..... aka too long keyboard xD.
ziin
picked up some microsoft keyboard for free. Surprise surprise when it has the sidewinder's rollover. I really like scissor switches.

I'm definitely not stuck by my keyboard. I can't jack 1/4ths much faster than 135 bpm. I really don't see how people go higher than that, and I don't know of many people who can.

All this mumbo jumbo about keyboard switches is pretty moot. There's no clear winner, or else cherry would only make one switch. I'd probably prefer to have a linear switch, but who knows, a brown would be nice to know when you hit it so you don't have to go all the way up and down. But still, to jack that fast I have to hit pretty hard.
nVidi4x

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

nVidi4x wrote:

Is the keyboard extremely long? my desk has a limited amount of space. I was thinking of getting the Filco or other one mention before but I don't know, I just really wanted to try black widow xD. But if its really long, I'll stick to the Filco when I buy a keyboard.
Right now i play with the keyboard pushed behind the tablet due to the number pad thingy ..... aka too long keyboard xD.
I considere it long, but not so much, check it in the razers webpage. But i just have to say that 1 key died, and i dont know why... Just let me tell u, if u can, GO FOR IT, u wont regret :)
LoveYouStar
Yeah, if you already play with your tablet behind your keyboard then the black widow won't really solve that problem lol.

And like nVidi4x said, it takes a little getting used to (especially with the weird macro key placement) but once you do it's amazing for everything! Ntm typing feels super smooth and fluid, I type a lot so it really helps!
Neruell
If you don't aim for #1 in Osu! then any ps/2 keyboard will do it's job. If you however want to own Cookiezi and become #1 than you will need the best of the best equipment you can ever get to even gain a smallest advantage you can possibly get.
show more